More big names coming

5,760 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Big12Fan2024
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
IowaBear
Think we're getting Aidoo but I wonder who else we might snag.
Johnny Bear
IowaBear said:

Milicic, maybe?
ScottS
Any chance Drew could help recruit in football too?
IowaBear
Yeah possible. Not sure he's really a big name though. And I think he ends up at Tenn
bear2be2
ScottS said:

Our 2025 class is currently second in the Big 12 behind only Tech. The only question is whether our staff will win enough games to retain their jobs and keep it together.
Johnny Bear
ScottS said:

If we actually somehow some way got back to having a consistently nationally relevant football program like the one we needlessly blew up 8 years ago (and like we currently have in bball) there would be no need for Drew to help with football recruiting.
TWD 1974
Johnny Bear said:

ScottS said:

If we actually somehow some way got back to having a consistently nationally relevant football program like the one we needlessly blew up 8 years ago (and like we currently have in bball) there would be no need for Drew to help with football recruiting.
Getting your MBB Coach to recruit a 4* defensive lineman is about as effective (but not quite as awkward) as your Mom helping you get a date for the prom.
guadalupeoso
ScottS said:

I can't like this comment enough.
ScottS
IowaBear said:

Is Arkansas after him?
IowaBear
Seems that way. If $$ is the deciding factor the Hogs likely win out and get Aidoo
ScottS
IowaBear said:

Seems that way. If $$ is the deciding factor the Hogs likely win out and get Aidoo

Then who are the big names coming?
Big12Fan2024
bear2be2 said:

ScottS said:

Our 2025 class is currently second in the Big 12 behind only Tech. The only question is whether our staff will win enough games to retain their jobs and keep it together.
No offense to you but i heard this nonsense on the premium boards for years. We were always the champions of the too early commitments and bragging about how we were in the top 2 or 3 in April and May because we would offer before anyone else and kids would commit just to post on social media. Then as they got other offers they were gone within 4-6 months. None of our classes ended up holding together and we finished middle of the pack as always by the time signing day actually got here. Same thing will happen this year as you already saw today with Schobel.
TWD 1974
Big12Fan2024 said:

bear2be2 said:

ScottS said:

No offense to you but i heard this nonsense on the premium boards for years. We were always the champions of the too early commitments and bragging about how we were in the top 2 or 3 in April and May because we would offer before anyone else and kids would commit just to post on social media. Then as they got other offers they were gone within 4-6 months. None of our classes ended up holding together and we finished middle of the pack as always by the time signing day actually got here. Same thing will happen this year as you already saw today with Schobel.
No offense as well... I'd be thrilled to see better things happening, Football wise, but would appreciate taking the football anxiety comments to the designated forum for that. We have enough basketball anxiety in this forum as it is.
Guitarbiscuit
bear2be2 said:

ScottS said:

Are you referring to football? Baylor is number 6 in the Big 12 in 2025 rankings, 5 spots behind Tech. According to Rivals.
bear2be2
Big12Fan2024 said:

bear2be2 said:

ScottS said:

I'm not bragging about anything. Just stating facts.

If I was betting man, I'd say this staff most probably won't even be here next offseason, so our current rankings are likely irrelevant. But Aranda and Co. are off to a pretty good start with the 2025 class.
bear2be2
Guitarbiscuit said:

bear2be2 said:

ScottS said:

Are you referring to football? Baylor is number 6 in the Big 12 in 2025 rankings, 5 spots behind Tech. According to Rivals.
I was basing that off old data.

But we were still third in the Big 12 as recently as Friday. Unfortunately, we've lost two of our better recruits since then.
Guitarbiscuit

Gotcha. Yes, I looked at 247 and noticed we were 6, not 2. I guess things can go downhill, or uphill, pretty quickly. For as pleased as I am about basketball, I'm the opposite about football.
bear2be2
Guitarbiscuit said:

Gotcha. Yes, I looked at 247 and noticed we were 6, not 2. I guess things can go downhill, or uphill, pretty quickly. For as pleased as I am about basketball, I'm the opposite about football.
I'm in wait-and-see mode with both. But both the floor and ceiling are way, way higher with our basketball program currently.

The football program is in a pretty depressing state right now, but my expectations are low. Maybe they'll surprise me. I like the staff Aranda assembled over the offseason, but it feels like too little, too late to me.
ScottS
IowaBear said:

Drew vs Cal
Big12Fan2024
Milicic expected to announce his commitment to Tennessee tonight at 7. Aidoo expected to sign with Arkansas during his visit scheduled for this weekend.

Whiffed on both. Was Norlander implying someone else when he said others?
bear2be2
Big12Fan2024 said:

Milicic expected to announce his commitment to Tennessee tonight at 7. Aidoo expected to sign with Arkansas during his visit scheduled for this weekend.

On to the next target. There are a lot of good, productive players in the portal, and Scott Drew's track record of attracting such players is long and well established.
IowaBear
Aidoo would be a significant miss. Think he would have made our ceiling incredibly high.
Wasn't all that high on Igor. Interested to see who we target next
Big12Fan2024
bear2be2 said:

Big12Fan2024 said:

On to the next target. There are a lot of good, productive players in the portal, and Scott Drew's track record of attracting such players is long and well established.
True. Rutgers guy is still out there right? Good defender which is what we mostly need anyway. We have enough guys who can fill up the bucket.
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

Aidoo would be a significant miss. Think he would have made our ceiling incredibly high.
I was hoping for both. Aidoo is a good two-way post and Milicic would have been a skilled 6-10 wing who could have produced Jalen Bridges percentages from 3.

But neither is irreplaceable.

I don't know what his recruitment is currently looking like, but I wouldn't mind seeing us pivot to Brandon Garrison from Oklahoma State in the post. That dude is oozing with potential.
IowaBear
Cliff O would be my top choice now that it's likely Aidoo is headed to Arky. Harrison is intriguing as well. There's a big from Utah St who would be a big get as well. His names slipping me. But he's a man amongst boys at least in the games I saw
Big12Bear
bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

I was hoping for both. Aidoo is a good two-way post and Milicic would have been an skilled 6-10 wing who could have produced Jalen Bridges percentages from 3.

But neither are irreplaceable.

I don't know what his recruitment is currently looking like, but I wouldn't mind seeing us pivot to Brandon Garrison from Oklahoma State in the post. That dude is oozing with potential.
Can confirm.

The BU game I went to in Stillwater, he didn't miss a shot or free throw. Had 20 & 8, along with 4 blocks.
BUGrad2012
I don't like our odds on Aidoo after he visited and didn't sign. But where did you see he's expected to sign with Arkansas during his visit?
IvanBear
Big12Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

IowaBear said:

I was hoping for both. Aidoo is a good two-way post and Milicic would have been an skilled 6-10 wing who could have produced Jalen Bridges percentages from 3.

But neither are irreplaceable.

Can confirm.

The BU game I went to in Stillwater, he didn't miss a shot or free throw. Had 20 & 8, along with 4 blocks.
I agree love Garrison screams someone who would fit our model of developing bigs into monsters.
historian
Report that Baylor is favorite for Aidoo:

https://allfortennessee.com/posts/tennessee-basketball-transfer-forward-given-crystal-ball-for-baylor-01hvy1700m97
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
IvanBear
historian said:

Report that Baylor is favorite for Aidoo:

https://allfortennessee.com/posts/tennessee-basketball-transfer-forward-given-crystal-ball-for-baylor-01hvy1700m97
I hope we land him, but this article is a tad old, as in it was written at the time of or before his visit to baylor finished.
ScottS
Aidoo visiting Arkansas today (other places say it will be this weekend).
IvanBear
I'm curious who isn't in the portal yet that we think we may have a shot at.
Big12Bear
This guy is from nearby Mansfield.

Big12Fan2024
Still waiting for those big names Norlander talked about.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.