Bridges

2,159 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by jdrs
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have no idea what Jalen will do. But lost in all the great news is he has another year if he wants it.
If Jalen returns and we add Aidoo. BU will be the title favorites. That's just a salivating roster. Selfishly hoping he comes back. But fully understand why he would decide to go the pro route
Married A Horn
If this draft is as weak as everyone says it is - why in the world would he stay?
Crawfoso1973
IowaBear said:

I have no idea what Jalen will do. But lost in all the great news is he has another year if he wants it.
If Jalen returns and we add Aidoo. BU will be the title favorites. That's just a salivating roster. Selfishly hoping he comes back. But fully understand why he would decide to go the pro route
I couldn't imagine how loaded we would be. Not getting my hopes up though.
IowaBear
He's projected late 2nd I believe as it stands. I don't know if he will stay or go. But he's not a 1st rounder
Mitch Henessey
A couple of factors at play, here:

- He debated leaving last year, and was a late returnee after flirting with the draft, and also considered playing internationally

- NIL seems like it's increased across the program, so maybe it makes more financial sense for him to come back for one more run

- He seems like a pretty surefire Round 2 pick, so maybe he wants to get the clock ticking on his rookie deal and get closer to the second NBA contract, which is where the real money is (this is assuming he sticks in the Association)

- He recently got engaged, so maybe he wants to get the ball rolling on a professional career. Or maybe he wants to stick around and live the college life for one more year?

A lot to think about. I hope he comes back, but I understand if he doesn't, and I wish him well in his decision-making process.
IowaBear
Like Craw I'm not getting my hopes up but….. imagine a lineup of Roach, Edgecombe, Nunn, Bridges, Aidoo. With a bench of Josh O, Love, Little, Wright
TWD 1974
IowaBear said:

He's projected late 2nd I believe as it stands. I don't know if he will stay or go. But he's not a 1st rounder
There is a significant difference in salary from late second to early second round. Also, early second rounders are more likely to have the opportunity to hybrid contracts that will give them a certain number of games at the NBA level. If Jalen looks solid early second, I expect him to go. If not, another year on a team that could do big things, is not likely to hurt his chances in 2025. Example is Davion, who as a 6'.05" pg. moved up dramatically in the draft after the NC year.

I trust he is talking to people who know and can be more objective about these things. Whatever he decides, Jalen's been a good player for us.

Johnny Bear
IowaBear said:

Like Craw I'm not getting my hopes up but….. imagine a lineup of Roach, Edgecombe, Nunn, Bridges, Aidoo. With a bench of Josh O, Love, Little, Wright

I know we're dreaming (with regard to Bridges at least) but even with a tough draw it's really hard to not see that lineup at least making a deep run in next year's tourney and being FF capable - barring serious injuries of course.
EvilTroyAndAbed
He'll most likely never be better than a late 2nd rounder, be it this year or next year. He's not going to play himself into the first round as a 24-year old. If he leaves this year and isn't drafted, he'll still easily get a 2-way contract, and he can play himself into the league.

So I expect him to leave. But if he comes back, I'll be ecstatic.
dstaylor57
Assuming Bridges leaves, I wouldn't mind a 6-8 version of Mark Vital at the wing
ScottS
IowaBear said:

Could be a natty
IvanBear
Even with NIL he's just short changing his career at this point if he doesn't go pro and has NBA ambitions. It's not remotely realistic to expect he'll be back unless he only ever wants to play in Europe.
Big12Fan2024
Bridges is not coming back and Aidoo has now become a heavy Arkansas lean to play center so the 7'2" kid can play wing. Baylor is not going to go as high as Arkansas is now offering.
gobears20
Staff
IowaBear
Good for Jalen! Best of luck to him at the next level!
JP1037
Hard not to like Jalen Bridges. He plays hard, he has legitimate skills on both ends of the court and I like him even more as a person. Good luck to him. I think everyone would agree he is always welcome at Baylor. I will be rooting for him.
bear2be2
JP1037 said:

Hard not to like Jalen Bridges. He plays hard, he has legitimate skills on both ends of the court and I like him even more as a person. Good luck to him. I think everyone would agree he is always welcome at Baylor. I will be rooting for him.
I'm a big Jalen Bridges fan. I hope he gets an opportunity on some NBA team's bench.
Big12Fan2024
I hope Jalen makes it. He seems like he may be one of those guys who bounces in and out of the NBA for a few years until the right fit happens and then he becomes a really good role player for that team.
historian
IowaBear said:

Sounds like a dream.

However, I do remember each of the past three years some people (I don't remember who) saying similar things about our team for the upcoming season. With lots of talent find great possibilities. For 2025-26 I'd be happy if we can get to the Sweet 16 and finish with fewer losses.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
jdrs
So happy he transferred here. Great player. Wish him the best.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.