Trazarien White

9,257 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Mitch Henessey
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Made the final 3 for White (posted in another thread) competing with TCU and Miss St.
Go watch his tape. Kid would be a HUGE get. Think I'm more excited about the possibility of adding him than any other we've been linked too.
Hopefully Waco is calling Mr Whites name.
Heisman25g
Do you have a comparison? What need would he be filling?
IowaBear
I'll leave the comparisons to others. But he would fill Bridges role.
Good rebounder, solid 3pt shooting % (doesn't take a ton) draws lots of fouls as he's great at getting into the paint. Has good size at 6'7
IvanBear
Big agree this is way more exciting than Aidoo. Not getting my hopes up too much yet he still seems earlyish in the process.

Also it's interesting Mississippi State is on there since the rumor was he was interested in transferring to get back closer to home not sure how they fit into the equation.

This would get us closer to being a contender next season for sure.
Mitch Henessey
Heisman25g said:

Do you have a comparison? What need would he be filling?
He'd fill the wing role being vacated by Jalen Bridges. He's two inches shorter and about 25 pounds lighter than Bridges. He's not the shooter Bridges was (White was 39% this past year, but he shot in the 20s his first two years at UNCW), and he only attempted a little more than 1/3 of the 3s Bridges did. He's also ~70% FT shooter, compared to Bridges at 82%.

He was a more prolific rebounder in about the same amount of playing time, but was less efficient as a shooter on significantly more shots (13.7 FGA vs 8.8 for Jalen). His assist, steal, and block numbers are comparable to Bridges, but his TOs were higher.

Overall, he was a much higher usage player for UNCW than Bridges was for us. If he were to come here, I assume he's being sold on taking more of a complimentary role and showing out for a chance to play professionally.

His best games this year were in the CAA Quarterfinals (loss to Towson), where he had 24 points and shot very well, a 2OT loss to Campbell, where he dropped 38 points with 9 rebounds, a win over College of Charleston (25 and 9), an OT loss to Stony Brook (26 and 10), a win over Elon (31 and 11), and the early season win over Kentucky at Rupp Arena where he dropped 27 and 10 on very efficient shooting numbers.
Mitch Henessey
Additional info: he's from Mansfield, TX, and went to Timberview HS, then played at Collin College, so that gives us and TCU seemingly an edge.

It's hard to find much on his defensive prowess, but from what I can dig up, he was somewhat inconsistent. I did find a stat that UNCW's defense was 20 points per 100 possessions less efficient when he was off the floor, so that's somewhat encouraging.
IowaBear
Gotta think if Miss St is after him he can play good defense. Chris Jans is a big defensive guy
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

Made the final 3 for White (posted in another thread) competing with TCU and Miss St.
Go watch his tape. Kid would be a HUGE get. Think I'm more excited about the possibility of adding him than any other we've been linked too.
I would love to have White. I prefer him to Milicic by a wide margin, to be honest.
Fre3dombear
Given oil nearing $100 under Joe and Obama I'd give the edge to the tcu nil
vanillabryce
Rangers fan too? I'm sold.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cas01zAl90S/?igsh=MW85enRqZjlqbnFtMg==
OkieBear12
Fre3dombear said:

Given oil nearing $100 under Joe and Obama I'd give the edge to the tcu nil
Not necessarily. Natural gas is near or at an all time low at $1.60s as of today. A lot of oil and gas people/companies are taking it on the chin right now depending on their production mix and hedging strategy.

Source: I work with oil and gas companies and know financial results have not been great this past year.
Quinton
IowaBear said:

Is this the transfer from uncw? If it is, that is big news. Noticed him a week or so ago and by my eyes is one of the best wings in the portal . I agree his upside is really high.

A lot of talented wings recently entered the portal. I think we'll get a strong one. Much more concerned about the badly needed big.
IowaBear
Yes
Quinton
IowaBear said:

Yes

Then I agree completely. I try to ignore rankings to keep evaluations unbiased. I saw some of this kid before I knew we were in play. He is one of my top wings.. before the two strong ones that just entered.

Would be big as I think he's an upgrade over the Charlotte transfer (outside of height/length advantage ).
IowaBear
Agreed! Was never really that high on Igor (Charlotte kid).
The more I watch on this kid the more I want him in a BU jersey next year. Hope we land him!
Tempus Edax Rerum
Trazarien? Is that like the drunk version of Tarzan?
LIB,MR BEARS
Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Trazarien? Is that like the drunk version of Tarzan?

Lesdexia
ScottS
Any updates?
ddrapela
He removed all his tweets about his top 3. Rumors are is that he was supposed to visit Baylor this weekend but looks like Texas Tech is getting the visit instead.
ddrapela
Just confirmed that he got to Tech today and will spend tomorrow there as well.
boykin_spaniel
He's supposed to be in Waco today and tomorrow and then head to TCU and then to Miss St.

The poster above is not someone I've ever seen post on here so until there is actual news I'd assume he's touring Baylor.
vanillabryce
That poster joined today… so…
LIB,MR BEARS
ddrapela said:

Just confirmed that he got to Tech today and will spend tomorrow there as well.
troll
ddrapela
He literally getting to Tech's campus tonight but okay lol go check his social and see if you can find his top 3 annoucement. You can't. Cause he deleted it.
IowaBear
I sense you're a tech fan that heard through your sisters boyfriends uncles best friend that he might be interested in Tech
ddrapela
I am a tech fan. I'm not by any means trying to troll and be rude. I just wanted you guys to be in the know. Especially since someone asked for an update. Tech sources that are close to the program has confirmed that he will get to Lubbock tonight and visit all of tomorrow. That's just a fact lol
Those same sources said that he was supposed to visit Baylor this weekend, but that Tech filled that spot.
IowaBear
"That's just a fact"
Facts would be proof he's on your campus. When/if that happens than you have a "fact" right now you have zilch.
ddrapela
Okay ill make sure and show proof once he gets on campus. idk what that'll do for you but I'll do it lol
LIB,MR BEARS
ddrapela said:

I am a tech fan. I'm not by any means trying to troll and be rude. I just wanted you guys to be in the know. Especially since someone asked for an update. Tech sources that are close to the program has confirmed that he will get to Lubbock tonight and visit all of tomorrow. That's just a fact lol
Those same sources said that he was supposed to visit Baylor this weekend, but that Tech filled that spot.
Tech fan checks out

"…sources that are close to the program has confirmed…"

ddrapela
How else do you guys get your info? If you apply your logic to your own news then you can't believe a single thing that is reported with the Baylor program until its a done deal.
IowaBear
I don't put any stock into other fanbases creating accounts just to blow smoke. Had the same with Louisville and UK fans telling us Drew to their schools was a done deal. If you get a visit from him great (doubt he ends up at Tech) but until I actually see it. I'll call it was it is, fanbase speculation
ddrapela
That was a wild ride lol I was just as invested in that since McCasland would've almost certainly taken the Baylor job.
LIB,MR BEARS
ddrapela said:

How else do you guys get your info? If you apply your logic to your own news then you can't believe a single thing that is reported with the Baylor program until its a done deal.

Let me you out.

I was taking a shot at Tech academics due o the noun/verb agreement issue.

"…sources that are close to the program has confirmed…"

sources/has
ddrapela
"Let me you out" lol roasting my grammar while also having a grammar error is great.
boykin_spaniel
I'm getting my info on this from On3 a sports website that engages in a certain level of sports journalism. I see nothing on the World Wide Web besides your post that he has canceled his Baylor visit to go to Lubbock.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.