Edgecombe highlights

1,331 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Crawfoso1973
TXBEAR_bf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Miro played a little D against VJ in a couple of these highlights.

VJ is so smooth. I know I'll get roasted for this, but he has a Jordan like feel to his game. So fluid and effortless, similar body type and athlete. He is going to be a lot of fun to watch. No doubt he will make some freshmen errors, but he is also going to deliver some highlights that might not have ever seen.

https://www.fiba.basketball/en/events/fiba-olympic-qualifying-tournament-2024-valencia-spain/news/the-future-is-here-vj-edgecombe-shines-bright-for-bahamas
Bear living in the woods of Bend Oregon
Crawfoso1973
Eye-opening performance for sure and I am extremely excited to see him in a Baylor uniform. It says something when he is already viewed as the best player on the Bahamas RIGHT NOW on a team that includes Buddy Hield and Ayton.

What I like about his offensive game, at least from the highlights, is that he doesn't seem to be a guy who relies on his perimeter jumper to be an effective scorer. He can drive and score in the paint and play above the rim. He also seems to have a feel for moving without the ball leading to easy looks. Both of these things should bode well for his efficiency. With proven scores like Omier, Roach, Nunn, and Love he won't need to play a ball-dominant style or put up a huge volume of shots to be effective for us. I like that our team is so deep and talented we won't *need* him to be our leading scorer. He can blend in and play a more efficient game.

I am most curious to see his defensive potential. In the highlights he plays with hunger and intensity on the defensive end. Usually guys with elite-level athleticism can transition pretty quickly to being good defenders at the college level even if they lack a little physical strength as true freshmen.
Fre3dombear
"Baylor, get ready baby!"
Crawfoso1973
Hype train already rolling. The Athletic has him going #4 in their mock:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5580289/2024/07/10/2025-nba-mock-draft-cooper-flagg-dylan-harper-prospects/?campaign=10417807&source=targeted_email&userId=10379326
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.