Gonzaga is leaving the WCC and joining the new Pac-12, a source confirmed

1,061 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by BluesBear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
JustWinBears
That's an interesting decision. It will be interesting to see what comes of the pac12 as they restructure over the next 6 months or so.
boognish_bear
Booboo Bear
Honestly, the most surprising thing to me is the fall of the ACC as a basketball powerhouse.
historian
I'm not surprised to see the Big 12 at the top of the list. What strikes me is how dramatic the number is compared to everyone else. It's not even close. Yes, I know it's only one metric but it's an important one. I also know the conference did not excel in March Madness.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Space Cutter
Gonzaga would never join a conference where there's serious competition.
BluesBear
historian said:

I'm not surprised to see the Big 12 at the top of the list. What strikes me is how dramatic the number is compared to everyone else. It's not even close. Yes, I know it's only one metric but it's an important one. I also know the conference did not excel in March Madness.
I hate the fact that we run a Conference Tournament less than a week before opening weekend of March Madness. For the B12 with an already brutal conference schedule, then to add the possibility of 3 games in 3 days - - - those are some tired legs.

Auto bids should go to the Conference Season winner, not the Conference Tournament. The tournament should be used to help get a bid or improve seeding.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.