KenPom Rankings 24-25 (updated)

1,025 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by IowaBear
LIB,MR BEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The first KenPom rankings of the 24-25 season. Let see if we can keep them updated as the season progresses.

Quinton
Suprise, surpise. But doesn't mean much until Jan and even then some rankings are more relevant than others.

Even with that, don't quite understand the offensive rankings though. Baylor and KU's offense should be signficantly better than Houston or Iowa st on paper. I would guess continuity factors in.. or the offensive rebounding.
LIB,MR BEARS
Quinton said:

Suprise, surpise. But doesn't mean much until Jan and even then some rankings are more relevant than others.

Even with that, don't quite understand the offensive rankings though. Baylor and KU's offense should be signficantly better than Houston or Iowa st on paper. I would guess continuity factors in.. or the offensive rebounding.
I think you nailed it with "continuity".

Baylor is not only replacing much of their scoring, they're replacing much of their staff (not part of KenPom)
guadalupeoso
I think this and the AP poll both feel about right. I think you could reasonably place us anywhere from the 6-14 range, with obviously the potential to be the best team in the country. Excited to see them start lacing them up and playing some games.
LIB,MR BEARS
Not your typical replacement player.

Quinton
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Quinton said:

Baylor is not only replacing much of their scoring, they're replacing much of their staff (not part of KenPom)
Its completely fine for this team to be in prove it mode. They don't get the benefit of the doubt with how much the defense has struggled YoY. I expect them to surprise to the upside but it will take time.

I am concerned about the loss of Jakus for the offense.. but Drew has always run a high level offense. Hopefully the new staff can turn the defense around. Thats the main thing. I just don't quite understand why our offensive ranking is quite that low even with turnover and I don't understand how our defensive efficiency rank is that high. If we're 23rd in D, will be hanging a banner. We'll see soon.
IowaBear
Shead was the heart and soul of Houston. I need to see them without him before I buy any hype
Quinton
IowaBear said:

Ahead was the heart and soul of Houston. I need to see them without him before I buy any hype
Agreed, he won 4-5 games for them in the clutch on his own and set up most of LJ and the other guard's points. Also took on the more ball dominant guys on D. Don't know if there is enough upside talent if Cryer and Roberts are their best players. Nice contribution guys but not elite top guys.
IowaBear
I've said it in other threads but if they're expecting LJ to be their alpha than good luck… he's gonna fold like a cheap hooker. I'd put BU, ISU, and KU ahead of Houston
historian
Quinton said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Quinton said:

Its completely fine for this team to be in prove it mode. They don't get the benefit of the doubt with how much the defense has struggled YoY. I expect them to surprise to the upside but it will take time.

I am concerned about the loss of Jakus for the offense.. but Drew has always run a high level offense. Hopefully the new staff can turn the defense around. Thats the main thing. I just don't quite understand why our offensive ranking is quite that low even with turnover and I don't understand how our defensive efficiency rank is that high. If we're 23rd in D, will be hanging a banner. We'll see soon.

The guys will have plenty of opportunities to prove themselves. If they can off to a 7-0 start it's likely that the offense will be very good. That would make the UConn game even more exciting.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Quinton
IowaBear said:

I've said it in other threads but if they're expecting LJ to be their alpha than good luck… he's gonna fold like a cheap hooker. I'd put BU, ISU, and KU ahead of Houston
Take a look. Maybe I'm losing my ability to see the game but unless LJ has one of the biggest yr over yr jumps I've ever seen in CBB, I just don't understand this.

IowaBear
Dickinson and Cryer that high are laughable. Cryer isn't capable of an alpha role. And Hunters stats are going to dip due to the upgraded talent around him. I'm not of fan of eithers game or in general
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.