Former Baylor player Kendall Brown waived

1,222 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by TXBEAR_bf
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
TWD 1974
gobears20 said:

Hope someone picks him up, but Europe might be a place Kendall can refine his game a bit. Good Luck to him.

If anyone wants a clear demonstration of why it is so important to make the first round of the NBA draft, it's here.
If NCAA cared about the players, they would allow them to restore their eligibility if they don't make the 1st. round.
TXBEAR_bf
Bummer, sad to see him lose his role. I had been checking in periodically to see his stats and he wasn't getting much time on the court. He has the athleticism to be in the league but needs to polish his game. Plenty of places to do that and make it back. Would have loved to see one more year at Baylor and what that would have done for him. So many guys leave too early and don't build the skills to stick on the NBA.
Bear living in the woods of Bend Oregon
Crawfoso1973
If he would have returned to Baylor he would not have been drafted. That next season he got hurt. He had surgery for a stress reaction in his leg. At least he was able to stick around a couple of years versus being injured and not getting drafted at all.
Porteroso
His was an interesting case. He at times seemed to be explosive enough to dominate most defenders, and st times seemed to be developing a 3 point shot. I thought had he continued these developments, he might really turn into something. Some players can do that.

But most need to develop it, practice it, refine it before the NBA level. Not everyone can be Kobe. In fact there was no danger KB would be.
Griz
Crazy athlete that couldn't turn that ability into being a lock down defender, or a threat offensively. At BU, he was rarely on the court in crunch time.
Big12Bear

My favorite game of his, right from the opening tip.
oorahpa
shoud have stayed another year
John Heard

JP1037
Really good player isn't good enough in the NBA. It takes insanely great to make it long. Tough situation for a lot of talented players who are really good, just not in that top talent pool.

Good man. Good player. I wish him the best.
historian
That was a great game!
I hope the Lady Bears have a great one when they play there in a few weeks.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BluesBear
Big12Bear said:

My favorite game of his, right from the opening tip.
I was at this game - - - kept telling the locals "we good....give it time..."...
TXBEAR_bf
I was there too, probably had 100 ish Bear fans there. Kendall was unreal, was the best athlete on the floor by a mile.
Bear living in the woods of Bend Oregon
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.