RayJ Dennis signs with Bullets...I mean Wizards

515 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by TWD 1974
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TWD 1974
boognish_bear said:

Waived Jared to sign him? Is there an "only one Baylor player per team" rule I don't know about?
JP1037
TWD 1974 said:

boognish_bear said:

Waived Jared to sign him? Is there an "only one Baylor player per team" rule I don't know about?

Right. I dig RayJ and his game but he is no Jared Butler.
TWD 1974
JP1037 said:

TWD 1974 said:

boognish_bear said:

Right. I dig RayJ and his game but he is no Jared Butler.
Happy RayJ is getting a chance. Best of luck to him.

Thought Jared was set up nicely in Washington, but the deal wasn't guaranteed. Reports are saying the Wizards tried to trade Johnny Davis to keep Butler but got no takers. Davis is guaranteed $5mm and rules require Wizards needed equal guaranteed coming back in trade. Loser is the guy on a 2 way or unguaranteed contract. That's $2.2mm to Jared the Wizards squelched on.
Once again, players hoping to land in the NBA, if you aren't getting people who should know telling you you're safe in the first round, don't go, take the NIL money and stay another round in the NCAA if you can. Trying to climb into the league from the D or G league is as likely as winning the lottery.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.