Baylor bears A&M Secret scrimmage

1,224 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Crawfoso1973
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
WacoFan
VJ 15 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 5 turnovers
Omier 17 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists 3 turnovers
Nunn 17 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 turnover
TWD 1974
WacoFan said:

VJ 15 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 5 turnovers
Omier 17 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists 3 turnovers
Nunn 17 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 turnover
Thanks for posting. If there is secret footage from the secret scrimmage, would love to see it.
Quinton
If true, vj is going to be playing ball right out of the gate. The TOs will be expected and to be improved with time.

A&M is very physical and athletic. Not great defensive execution but they have guys who can go.. good team to test against
Crawfoso1973
Quinton said:

If true, vj is going to be playing ball right out of the gate. The TOs will be expected and to be improved with time.

A&M is very physical and athletic. Not great defensive execution but they have guys who can go.. good team to test against
Just a scrimmage box score but the high assists and turnovers are very telling. I think this confirms we will see a lot of PG play from VJ since that is the position he is prepping for at the next level. Since Roach is more of a combo guard as opposed to a "true" PG, both Roach and VJ will be able to initiate offense or play off the ball. Wright subbing in to keep 2 of them on the floor at all times.
william
@Bremond.

Past Milk.

Wow!

- el KKM

Go Bears!

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating mini donuts }

pro ecclesia, pro javelina
jsstewar
We should play them in a NIL game alternating Houston/Dallas.
guadalupeoso
Crawfoso1973 said:

Quinton said:

Just a scrimmage box score but the high assists and turnovers are very telling. I think this confirms we will see a lot of PG play from VJ since that is the position he is prepping for at the next level. Since Roach is more of a combo guard as opposed to a "true" PG, both Roach and VJ will be able to initiate offense or play off the ball. Wright subbing in to keep 2 of them on the floor at all times.
Did not know that VJ projected as a pg at the next level. I thought he was more of a true 2 guard. Interesting.
BUCANDOIT82
Assists are just a stat…There are easy assists and next level assists, but they all count as 1 assist. If he's going to play point guard in the NBA ala Keyonte George he needs to show lots of flashes of next level assists ala Keyonte George…We should know in the the couple of weeks that the flashes are there, or there not.

To be honest this is the first time I've heard this take and I am very interested to see how it turns out

TXBEAR_bf
Same here, he has been playing a 2-3 every time I have seen him play. But at his height maybe PG is preferable. I don't feel like you see a 3 under 6'7 anymore. He would be an average sized 2.
Bear living in the woods of Bend Oregon
Quinton
Don't expect next level passing from VJ just yet bc that's still developing. His playmaking is a work in progress..No need for the fans (not directed at you) to put undue expectation on him. His skill is rapidly improving though.

He is an explosive athlete who should get assists on penetration and in transition. His role is to score and create havoc for college level defenses.

Would expect him at the 2 spot with some secondary ball handling this year. Has plenty of athleticism to play SG in the league at current size.
Crawfoso1973
guadalupeoso said:

Crawfoso1973 said:

Quinton said:

Did not know that VJ projected as a pg at the next level. I thought he was more of a true 2 guard. Interesting.
Yes, I read an article over the summer where PG will be his focus due to his size. It mentioned he was only about 6-4.5" in shoes which is undersized for an NBA shooting guard / wing.

For us he fits our system perfectly. CSD always prefers multiple ball handlers who can create for both themselves and others. Roach and VJ will complement one another perfectly in this regard. Wright will rotate in with them so we should have 2 of them on the floor at all times. I think Nunn and Love will split the third guard spot in the rotation. All just my conjecture at this point.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.