Story Poster
Photo by © Robert Deutsch-USA Today

BREAKING: 2018 Hutchinson CC guard Devonte Bandoo commits to Baylor

May 14, 2018

Baylor head coach Scott Drew has landed a commitment from junior college guard Devonte Bandoo‍  (6-3, 195) out of Hutchinson Community College.

In 35 games in the 2017-2018 season, Bandoo averaged 16.6 points per game on 49.6 shooting including 43.8 percent from three-point land. He also averaged 5.8 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game.

Bandoo also held offers from Oklahoma and West Virginia. 

Discussion from...

BREAKING: 2018 Hutchinson CC guard Devonte Bandoo commits to Baylor

8,648 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by NoBSU
TXSVT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
actionsportsacademyCongrats to our own Devontae "Air Canada" Bandoo who was the leading scorer in the NJCAA national championship win for Hutchinson CC w 22 points 4rebs and 3assts. His recruitment is exploding now. Incredible story after moving to several different prep schools that didn't have his beset interest in mind, trusted relationships led him to David Harrison and Action Sports Academy post grad where he and his family learned rye recruitment process based on his prior situation, he was pushed daily to dominate every aspect of basketball, and talents were viewed by coaches from coast to coast.

Picking up dozens of offers and d1 interest while with Action Sports Academy Post Grad and playing aau with Stackhouse Elite Basketballin the Adidas gauntlet. Bandoo made the decision to signHutchinson Community College where he's currently still writing his story.
We look forward to having him back in Atlanta to keep him growing over the summer!
Wade
Baylor Bear Foundation Board of Directors
Chad 2 the Bone
Great pickup. Welcome to the family Devonte!
Grizz Air
Good news! So he can play this upcoming season? Man, there sure have been a lot of transfers recently.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
Grizz Air said:

Good news! So he can play this upcoming season? Man, there sure have been a lot of transfers recently.
yes, this is who we are going to war with this year. Teague and Mitchell are sitting out per the transfer rules. Every one else is eligible to play. I didn't include Jackson Moffat yet (freshman walk on).

https://sicem365.com/baylor-basketball/roster/2018
BearinSoDak
Ashley Hodge said:

Grizz Air said:

yes, this is who we are going to war with this year. Teague and Mitchell are sitting out per the transfer rules. Every one else is eligible to play. I didn't include Jackson Moffat yet (freshman walk on).

Any guesses as to starting five?

I'd go with Clark, Kegler, Vital, Mason, and Lindsey with McClure, Allen, and the rest getting heavy minutes off of the bench.
NoBSU
Ashley Hodge said:

Grizz Air said:

Is Gillespie on scholarship?
Ashley Hodge
Staff
NoBSU said:

Ashley Hodge said:

Grizz Air said:

Is Gillespie on scholarship?
nothing official. His work ethic is off the charts good. One source said, "he is definitely a D1 player now". He had a long way to go when he first arrived.

He has a 7-6 wingspan and he's reportedly grown at least an inch since arriving on campus. Hard working, hustling guys with 7-6 wingspans have a place on any team.

He had multiple opportunities to be put on scholarship at other schools, so I would expect him to be on scholarship this year.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
BearinSoDak said:

Ashley Hodge said:

Grizz Air said:

I'd go with Clark, Kegler, Vital, Mason, and Lindsey with McClure, Allen, and the rest getting heavy minutes off of the bench.
I'm never big on who starts so I'll avoid the question. I would say the rotation will mainly be these 9 next year.

Guards: Mason, McClure, Lindsey, Bandoo and Allen
Forwards: Kegler, Clark, Vital and Gillespie

Mayer and Thamba may carve out a role but they are true freshmen so I would bet on those other 9 for the rotation and Drew usually likes to go down to 7-8 by conference play.
NoBSU
Ashley Hodge said:

BearinSoDak said:

Ashley Hodge said:

Grizz Air said:

I'm never big on who starts so I'll avoid the question. I would say the rotation will mainly be these 9 next year.

Guards: Mason, McClure, Lindsey, Bandoo and Allen
Forwards: Kegler, Clark, Vital and Gillespie

Mayer and Thamba may carve out a role but they are true freshmen so I would bet on those other 9 for the rotation and Drew usually likes to go down to 7-8 by conference play.
That's a big jump for Gillespie. Hope he is there. Not looking forward to a lot of minutes with Clark as our biggest post.

I guess recruiting is put to bed for a while. I can hibernate on MBB until November. Summer recruiting for Drew the last three or so years has been pie in the sky. We will turn to our realistic list of freshmen recruits that we can land this fall and next Spring with more jucos and transfers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.