Wingspan Matters T-shirt

2,748 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ludwig von Missi
Ashley Hodge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff

join the revolution- comfortable shirts and doesn't shrink. Not Gildan quality. Bella Canvas if you are familiar with the brand.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/04/10/nba-teams-paying-closer-attention-to-players-wingspan/33712339/

Wingspans of Recent Baylor Players

Isaiah Austin 7-4
Ekpe Udoh 7-3
Ish Wainright 7-2
Quincy Acy 7-2
Cory Jefferson 7-1
Taurean Prince 7-0
Royce O'Neale 6-10

Freddie Gillespie 7-6 and Flo Thamba 7-5 are the longest guys at Baylor currently. Kegler and Clark are around 7-0 and Makai Mason with a surprising 6-4.

WINGSPAN MATTERS!!

chorne68
Wow...maybe we will be better than I thought. If we get good point guard play...
T-REX
will these be for sale on the 365 shop?
T-REX
never mind i found it lol
GruntTuff
A little suggestive for Drew? Living on the edge? He might not even understand the double meaning.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
GruntTuff said:

A little suggestive for Drew? Living on the edge? He might not even understand the double meaning.
there is no double meaning intention
willyric
uhh.. whats up?
rudylaw
GruntTuff said:

I agree, it's seems a little tone deaf especially after the whole tOSU twitter debacle.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
#1 this is not a tshirt that Scott Drew is promoting.

#2 this is a Sicem365 shirt. It is a running joke on the premium board because I have been wingspan obsessed going back 10+ years for basketball recruits and I always ask them their wingspan in interviews. It has become an inside joke on the message boards.

#3 I now ask any athlete their wingspan including some baseball interviews that I have done.

There is no hidden "double meaning" intention. Wingspan is way more important than height for basketball players. That's all it means.

Carry on.
Ludwig von Missi
rudylaw said:

GruntTuff said:

I agree, it's seems a little tone deaf especially after the whole tOSU twitter debacle.
I think tone deaf is a term I'd be just fine not hearing for the rest of my life.

The shirt says Wingspan Matters. Goodness gracious. I'm not even sure what the "other meaning" of it would be.
willyric
crash.. your wingspan shrinks when you talk like that..

i need somebody to tell me my freakin wingspan. seriously
rudylaw
Crash Davis said:

rudylaw said:

GruntTuff said:

I think tone deaf is a term I'd be just fine not hearing for the rest of my life.

The shirt says Wingspan Matters. Goodness gracious. I'm not even sure what the "other meaning" of it would be.
Term may be tiring but it's spot on. I read it as riffing off of BLM, which is in poor taste, IMO. Obviously, that's not the intention but some could read that same as me...
Ashley Hodge
Staff
rudylaw said:

Crash Davis said:

rudylaw said:

GruntTuff said:

Term may be tiring but it's spot on. I read it as riffing off of BLM, which is in poor taste, IMO. Obviously, that's not the intention but some could read that same as me...
that thought didn't even enter my mind. You need words as short as possible on a T-shirt. "Wingspan is very important in basketball" was a little too wordy
rudylaw
Ashley Hodge said:

rudylaw said:

Crash Davis said:

rudylaw said:

GruntTuff said:

that thought didn't not even enter my mind. You need words as short as possible on a T-shirt. "Wingspan is very important in basketball" was a little too wordy
You just need to find a vendor that doesn't charge by the letter! Like I said, I'm sure there wasn't a bad intention behind it.
Ludwig von Missi
rudylaw said:

Crash Davis said:

rudylaw said:

GruntTuff said:

Gotcha. Yeah, I didn't think about it that way but I can see that. Don't think it will be an issue though...hard to walk out the door without offending someone ha
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.