Gillespie might have only had two points and four rebounds

2,116 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Baylor3216
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
But that last rebound and put back was huge! Went from D3 to playing Big 12 basketball. Enjoy watching this young man play the game.

4th and Inches
Excellent work by the young man tonight!
RegentCoverup
he's got some character.

I think I'm more concerned that Meyer can't create or capitalize on a better shot. He pulled up and took long balls that were unnecessary. He needs a quick penetration step and a pull up mid range jumper.
BearlyBeloved
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I think I'm more concerned that Meyer can't create or capitalize on a better shot. He pulled up and took long balls that were unnecessary. He needs a quick penetration step and a pull up mid range jumper.

Meyer has tons of potential, but needs to be more of a team player and not try to take so many shots himself, especially forced shots.
Stefano DiMera
He'll be fine..he got a little excited and got caught up in the moment but he'll be ok..his skill set is off the charts...
The coaches will get to him that he needs to be a two way player.
EvilTroyAndAbed
It sucks that Mayer has been here all these years and hasn't developed into a consistent player yet.

Oh wait. He's a true freshman. Seeing major minutes. Give him a second to improve. Jeez.
Grizz Air
Yes, Mayer will continue to get better.

Anyway, back to Gillespie... consider me impressed!
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
RegentCoverup
I didn't say he sucked, I said he needs to put the ball on the floor and pull up for a short term jumper.

not saying he was a failure. Damn.
RegentCoverup
Grizz Air said:

Yes, Mayer will continue to get better.

Anyway, back to Gillespie... consider me impressed!
you can see this guy's drive. It's inspiring to watch even as a fan.
Alf
The progress he has made in a short period of time is astounding. I remember when he came in during the KU game he looked totally lost and incompetent. Now he is a valuable player for the Bears.
hustlenflow
He was also a very effective post defender in some crucial stops down the stretch.
Johnny Bear
His minutes got limited in that game because of foul trouble, but he made the most of his time on the court and IMO if he doesn't secure that tough clutch rebound and put back we were likely headed toward a loss in a game we absolutely couldn't afford to lose. He's really been a pleasant surprise this season with his rapid progress on both ends of the floor.
gobears20
Staff
bear2be2
gobears20 said:

Freddie's the man. He has worked himself into being a quality Big 12 big man, which is remarkable given his path to this point. The dude's not just a nice story, he's a legitimately good and valuable player.

Since Clark went out and he was forced into extended action, Gillespie is averaging 6.3 points (on 68.4 percent shooting), 4.6 rebounds, 1.1 blocks and 0.7 steals in 17.2 minutes per game. Those are really solid numbers for a part-time big who was playing Division III ball this time two years ago.
Baylor3216
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

he's got some character.

He created a zero U 9-0 run all by himself and sat the bench
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.