Baylor United Basketball Court

5,336 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Yogi
Sampi82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No Longer Gold
Quote:

Quote:

We went from this:

To this:

Still hasn't been said any better....

Once again, the above says it best.

This really is ridiculous.

Unbelievable how tacky this looks.

Go with the BU, or go with the stupid looking bear, no need for both.

I'm beginning to think Nike is just trolling us for being an institution of God and Country loving students, employees, and alums.
whitetrash
As opposed to the orange sherbet hues of the new football turf, Blind Toothless Wombat Bear is bright French's Yellow Mustard here.
WorkHardPlayHard
Yucky....that said, if we win I don't care what the court looks like!
Michibear
Not a fan. Not quite radioactive bear bad, but moving in that direction.

Honestly, it would be a fine court if they took off the bear logo.
gobears20
Staff
Sailor Bear
DubDub said:

Quote:

Quote:

We went from this:

To this:

Still hasn't been said any better....

Once again, the above says it best.

This really is ridiculous.

Unbelievable how tacky this looks.

Go with the BU, or go with the stupid looking bear, no need for both.

I'm beginning to think Nike is just trolling us for being an institution of God and Country loving students, employees, and alums.
PartyBear
Who ever was in charge of "Baylor United" has really fxcked up. I see nothing "united" here as was heralded. Hopefully the five or so years of this era go by quickly. Hopefully they decide something else will be "Baylor United" for everyone when it is time to open the new arena, assuming it opens in relatively soon.
BellCountyBear
Wait, I thought we were supposed to be building a whole new basketball arena?! Are they moving this new floor in there? What a waste of time and money.
jdrs
Really don't like the Bear! And it is so prominently featured too. Also I like it when "the paint" is actually painted!
Yogi
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
blueeyedbear
jdrs said:

Really don't like the Bear! And it is so prominently featured too. Also I like it when "the paint" is actually painted!
Agreed - Take the hideous bears off the court and transplant them over to the fifth street garage across from the bear pits !!
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Baylor doesn't care so long as the Nike checks keep coming.

BTW, that's an ugly !@#$ing court. Horrendous.
OsoCoreyell
Was that designed using MS Paint?
BUGWBBear
This Uniting Rebranding is intended to be a forced unification. Just like when your mother told you to eat what's in front of you, or go to your room.

It couldn't be anything else. Bring a sick bag.
Fozzie
I feel like this quote might be appropriate for this thread.

Robert Tew, "complaining is a complete waste of energy. Those who complain the most, accomplish the least."

I like the new court and branding, looks sharp. I'm also glad they have de-emphasized some other wording on the court. Hang banners for that stuff, preferably in a sports hall of fame with the controversial Immortal 10 banner.
blueeyedbear
Fozzie said:

Robert Tew, "complaining is a complete waste of energy. Those who complain the most, accomplish the least."

I like the new court and branding, looks sharp. I'm also glad they have de-emphasized some other wording on the court. Hang banners for that stuff, preferably in a sports hall of fame with the controversial Immortal 10 banner.
Not a surprise that someone who considers the Immortal 10 to be controversial would like the new court.
That tragedy triggered a change in the law for unregulated road & rail crossings across the state and eventually the nation.
What wording was de-emphasized exactly ?? The Big 12 Logo ?
Fozzie
blueeyedbear said:

Fozzie said:

Not a surprise that someone who considers the Immortal 10 to be controversial would like the new court.
That tragedy triggered a change in the law for unregulated road & rail crossings across the state and eventually the nation.
it was my attempt at humor. The women's basketball national championship wording on the court is much smaller and not as emphasized as in the past. Kim Mulkey threw a tantrum about hanging the Immortal 10 banner in the Ferrell Center because she thinks that Baylor should be hanging the jerseys of all of her past great players. I was just poking fun at Dear Leader for her antics.

I consider the Immortal 10 to be a very important part of Baylor's past for the record and I think we should properly honor those men.
blueeyedbear
Fozzie said:

blueeyedbear said:

Fozzie said:

it was my attempt at humor. The women's basketball national championship wording on the court is much smaller and not as emphasized as in the past. Kim Mulkey threw a tantrum about hanging the Immortal 10 banner in the Ferrell Center because she thinks that Baylor should be hanging the jerseys of all of her past great players. I was just poking fun at Dear Leader for her antics.

I consider the Immortal 10 to be a very important part of Baylor's past for the record and I think we should properly honor those men.
Thanks for the clarification
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Fozzie said:

Tell me what course of action I should take to rectify that horrendous court. Be sure that it doesn't have to extend past message board posts.
PartyBear
Why not move the Immortal 10 statue to a plaza in front of the new field house?
Fozzie
PartyBear said:

Why not move the Immortal 10 statue to a plaza in front of the new field house?
Whoa, slow down there partner. You think Dear Leader got upset about having that banner in the arena? That might really ignite a firestorm.
Fozzie
BarleyMcDougal said:

Fozzie said:

Tell me what course of action I should take to rectify that horrendous court. Be sure that it doesn't have to extend past message board posts.
I would recommend getting a bunch of your buddies together and raising $50 million plus for funding the new arena. I think that would buy you a lot of say and sway in what the court looks like.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Fozzie said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Fozzie said:

I would recommend getting a bunch of your buddies together and raising $50 million plus for funding the new arena. I think that would buy you a lot of say and sway in what the court looks like.
I told you already. It has to be on the message board.

But ya know what, I'm gonna write a post-dated check anyway.

BTW, I agree about the national championship stuff on the court. Either hang it in the banners or make sure it's only on the floor for women's games.
Yogi
BarleyMcDougal said:

Fozzie said:

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.