What recruit was in town this weekend?

4,003 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ABC BEAR
BU82EX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wife and I were having brunch at Cafe Cappuccino this morning and the entire coaching staff was sitting at a big table in the back with a recruit and his mom. From the looks of it he was 7-0+ and of Asian decent. He was wearing an IMG Academy tee-shirt. As they were leaving I asked Tang if he had closed the deal and he said, "I'm trying, I'm trying!". He reminded me of a young Yao Ming. Do we know who was on campus?
BaylorRocks
They were also at the football game Saturday, pregame sidelines, as well. Would like to like to know who he is.
BU82EX

Zach Edey of Canada and IMG Academy. 7-3 with a 7-7 wingspan and wears a size 20 shoe. Just started playing basketball a few years ago so is definitely a project, but plenty of upside.
Grizz Air
Can't argue with 7'3"!
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
EatMoreSalmon
Wow. How do guys that tall not grow up with a crick in their neck from going through doorways?

I wonder how athletic he is. Looks like he would be pretty strong with some training.

Would he change the historic term with "Edey with the tip"?
BU82EX
Looking at some of his tape, he plays a little clumsy which is to be expected at this size. I think I mentioned this before, but he's only been playing the game a couple of years so he has a ways to go fundamentally. He has about a six inch vertical right now, but at 7-3 that still works in high school. His enrollment at IMG will definitely assist in his development. Not sure how many schools are on him, but BU was certainly on high alert this weekend when he was in town.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
Elias Sbiet one of the top recruiting analysts in Canada had this to say recently

https://northpolehoops.com/2019/07/29/ncaa-camp-houstons-canadian-keon-ambrose-javonte-brown-kobe-elvis-matthew-alexander-moncrieffe/

Left the biggest for last. Zach Edey, all 7'3 of him.

Edey has been at IMG Academy this past season developing his body and establishing a post man skill set. The signs are clear that he has improved drastically.

I'm not ready to call him an NBA prospect simply due to the fact that the style of play in the league is not complimentary to what he provides, but there's no doubt that he's going to be a heck of a big man in a power 5 conference.

I've personally never seen a big at that size that has the feel he does and can pass as well as he does. As Edey builds more confidence and a mean streak, he's going to be a real force.
Ashley Hodge
Staff

his mom sent me this pic
BU82EX
Do we know who is recruiting him besides BU?
Ashley Hodge
Staff
BU82EX said:

Do we know who is recruiting him besides BU?
his exposure to college programs this summer was somewhat limited. He wasn't on the top Under Armour circuit. He turned a lot of heads in Houston at an event but Baylor was one of the few P5 schools there.

Minnesota, Western Kentucky, Santa Clara and Tulane are the offers that I know about. They play things close to the vest as far as that stuff is concerned.
ABC BEAR
I thought Canadians wore brown suits.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.