Story Poster
Baylor Basketball Recruiting

MBB: Zach Loveday Makes It Official

November 18, 2019

Zach Loveday is a skilled 7-0 220 lb big who does a lot of things well.  He will remind Baylor fans of Isaiah Austin in his ability to score in the paint; from 3 point range; pass; block shots and take opponents off the dribble.  He was the third commit in the 2020 class that is ranked #9 by 247 Sports.  He is joined in this outstanding 2020 class by two other 4 star prospects Dain Dainja and LJ Cryer.   When Loveday first committed, I released this article.  

Here are a few comments on how it feels to make it official.  

How does it feel to make it official?  

Loveday:  It feels great to make it official and have that done.  I’m struggling with senioritis big time.  I’ve been a 4.0 student all my life but now my focus is on preparing for Baylor and having the best season I can have at Huntington Prep.  

Are you able to watch Baylor games?  

Loveday:  I definitely try to stay in the loop.  I’ve been so busy off the court that it has been a challenge.  But I will be watching as much as I can.  

What are your goals this year on and off the court?

Loveday:   I’m working hard to be the best teammate I can be on the court.  I’ve been working hard on my strength.  I want to be as strong as possible before Charlie Melton starts beating me up.  This team at Huntington Prep can be really good.  There are a lot of strong personalities.  I’m learning how to adapt and complement them well.  I do a lot of the dirty work, rebounds, defense, blocking shots, picks, setting others up, but I can score as needed.  

Discussion from...

MBB: Zach Loveday Makes It Official

8,990 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Glu11
Ashley Hodge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I love how these 3 recruits complement each other. 2012 was an amazing class with Austin, Gathers and Prince. But these 3 (Loveday, Dainja, Cryer) may give those guys a run for their money.

Welcome to Baylor Zach!

Bear Fever
Welcome to the family Zach. You will be in good hands, as you know Coach Drew has a great history with the bigs. Look forward to seeing you on the court. Congrats!!!
sicemkentucky
Big time addition. Can't wait to watch him play. Welcome home Zach!
baylor88bear
Welcome to Baylor Zach!
Last of the Larrys
These are going to be magical years! Enjoy the ride, Zach!
riflebear
Welcome Mr. Loveday.
This class has some enormous potential and how cool will it be that they will get to open the new FieldHouse in a few years.
Rletbetter
Welcome to Baylor!
TXSVT
Welcome to Baylor big man!!! This is going to be a special group coming in.
Wade
Baylor Bear Foundation Board of Directors
boxster
Baylor is a special place. Thrilled to have you come be a part of it!
1964bear
Can't wait to see him in action. Set off the fireworks !
God Bless Texas
Fozzie
what a great choice Zach! Great mentors, new arena, fantastic school, ideal lifestyle pace. We will have a lot of fun moments in store.
william
where did stradlater sign???

out of pencey.

PA.

- UL

... and, as always, TIA.
USSRonaldReagan
Welcome to the family Zach!
willyric
Couldn't be more happy you chose Baylor, Zach "lefty-love" Loveday.. stretch? Not after he starts packing 3 treys a game paired with 7 boards and 2 blocks...

lets go. 2 natty's before 2022.

cmon somebody!

Tiny Elvis
Congrats Zach, welcome to BU!!!
BUbearinARK
Amazing day for the Baylor family! Welcome!!!
Bodhibear
Welcome Zach! Amazing player and a part of an incredible class. Can't wait to see these guys in green and gold!
Glu11
Congrats Zach! Looking forward to following your career!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.