Next years expectation

4,496 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Johnny Bear
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
.. they also lose 3 very important parts of their team. Adding Cunningham is great on paper. That's 1 guy. They have Likele and that's it....
BUbackerinET
Agree, but those mistakes have been made by so many before him I hesitate to guess anymore. These guys get so excited by the prospect, and get poor advice from agents boosting egos to unrealistic expectations, it's such a same. I know it's an idealistic, and unrealistic concept, but I'd like to see them all finish for the sake of life after basketball. I know the arguments about the amount of money they make, they don't have to have a career separate from basketball. I just don't see the maturity for them to invest wisely...it's my opinion.
Johnny Bear
BUbackerinET said:

Agree, but those mistakes have been made by so many before him I hesitate to guess anymore. These guys get so excited by the prospect, and get poor advice from agents boosting egos to unrealistic expectations, it's such a same. I know it's an idealistic, and unrealistic concept, but I'd like to see them all finish for the sake of life after basketball. I know the arguments about the amount of money they make, they don't have to have a career separate from basketball. I just don't see the maturity for them to invest wisely...it's my opinion.

Good points, especially when you consider all of the stories about professional athletes that got used to making and spending millions during their short playing careers and then went bankrupt with nothing to fall back on when their playing days were over.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.