Smith and Egbo lead Indiana to victory in first preseason game.

8,984 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Adriacus Peratuun
Lynnp550
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blueeyedbear said:

GarlandBear84 said:

Raise your hand if you predicted Queen would be starting in the WNBA this season?
I didn't think so. Neither did I.
I just would like to know - where was the light switch and who found out how to turn it on - OH MY OH MY what could have been !!
Maybe she finally started to believe in herself and recognize her enormous, God-given talent, though it was most likely one of the Fever coaches who said just the right thing that made it all click.
Dcheetah
I don't think it is necessarily anything anyone said to her. I just think she realized she can't have bad days and stay on a roster with how competitive WNBA spots are and she is meeting the challenge.
BaylorBears_254
Raises hand for being in the 1% of posters who felt like Queen was better suited for the WNBA.

Brian Ethridge
Staff
Lynnp550 said:

blueeyedbear said:

GarlandBear84 said:

Raise your hand if you predicted Queen would be starting in the WNBA this season?
I didn't think so. Neither did I.
I just would like to know - where was the light switch and who found out how to turn it on - OH MY OH MY what could have been !!
Maybe she finally started to believe in herself and recognize her enormous, God-given talent, though it was most likely one of the Fever coaches who said just the right thing that made it all click.

Athleticism being freed up a bit more.
BUVA
Fever vs Dream on Prime video now--Smith/Egbo vs Wallace, plus drafts picks #1 vs #2. NaLyssa just left floor with right ankle sprain, out remainder of game. 18 points.
WacoKelly83
Nalyssa leaves todays game with an ankle injury. No idea how bad.
WacoKelly83
Oh my goodness Queen
GelaBear
I also thought the refs lived in her head. And I can kinda understand.
HoustonBear15

This view is crazy. Queen's vertical is insane.
LTBear19
You know what else didn't happen TODAY? A win.

Bottom Line: Celebrate AFTER the win is in hand. Not when you are still trailing.
Lynnp550
Weird statement
BearFan33
I never expected Queen to make a WNBA impact. She just seemed too inconsistent. But I'm happy she has proven me wrong.
HoustonBear15
LTBear19 said:

Bottom Line: Celebrate AFTER the win is in hand. Not when you are still trailing.
Tell us more about the emotional component of sports from your experience playing in the WNBA.
GelaBear
HoustonBear15 said:

LTBear19 said:

Tell us more about the emotional component of sports from your experience playing in the WNBA.
Mic drops
LTBear19
Not sure what's 'weird' about having situational awareness.

In this case, Indiana was trailing by multiple possessions with 3 minutes left. Under those circumstances, an excessive celebration probably isn't warranted. It wasn't like it was the game-winning block.

When one spends too much time engaging in theatrics, they often times lose focus and become distracted.

Not sure how many times we all witnessed an excessive celebration these last few years - only for it to be immediately followed up with a wide-open three or some back-door cut on the inbounds pass (by the likes of OU, Iowa State, or Michigan).

At the end of the day, save the over-the-top celebrations for when the game is well in hand and under control. It's no different in any sport, really.

And if we're talking about MIC Drops, I've got one for you: It's called SCOREBOARD.

And last night's scoreboard read: Atlanta 85, Indiana 79.

If I'm Atlanta, I'll let you have your 'rah rah' moment. I'll gladly take the "W" every time.

BUbearinARK
LTBear19 said:

In this case, Indiana was trailing by multiple possessions with 3 minutes left. Under those circumstances, an excessive celebration probably isn't warranted. It wasn't like it was the game-winning block.

When one spends too much time engaging in theatrics, they often times lose focus and become distracted.

Not sure how many times we all witnessed an excessive celebration these last few years - only for it to be immediately followed up with a wide-open three or some back-door cut on the inbounds pass (by the likes of OU, Iowa State, or Michigan).

At the end of the day, save the over-the-top celebrations for when the game is well in hand and under control. It's no different in any sport, really.

And if we're talking about MIC Drops, I've got one for you: It's called SCOREBOARD.

If I'm Atlanta, I'll let you have your 'rah rah' moment. I'll gladly take the "W" every time.

Sometimes, personal awareness is also important. Not sure we're seeing it here.
mcleod66
LTBear19 said:

Or MAYBE, she was just excited. Nothing wrong with that at any point, no matter if you're winning or losing!
HoustonBear15
LTBear19 said:

Sports is literally all about the hype. The energy comes from the players. I would hate to go to a basketball game where every player looks uninterested after they make a big play. Sports are simply entertainment and there would be nothing entertaining about that.

Queen's team was down. They needed energy and fire to spark a comeback. There's absolutely nothing wrong with letting passion come out on the court, especially if it gives your team a boost. Even then, I wouldn't call her celebration excessive. The play was dead and she was just pumped up about the block.

Right after Queen got drafted, she was told on the phone that she needed to bring her energy and fire to the franchise. She's doing just that. It seems to be working for her, she's 3rd in the league in blocks and 6th in steals.
Wacoraisedbear
I remember majority of people saying that egbo made a huge mistake declaring for the draft, stick to your day job guys.
boatergal
Wacoraisedbear said:

I remember majority of people saying that egbo made a huge mistake declaring for the draft, stick to your day job guys.

Wish we had seen this energy consistently at Baylor. I've watched most of the Indiana Fever games and Queen's play & energy is outstanding! Keep it going!
NaLyssa is exactly who we all know she is--a highly skilled player who brings it every game! Sic'em NaLyssa & Queen!!
Adriacus Peratuun
Wacoraisedbear said:

You might what to tap the brakes there Poindexter.

Egbo is starting because Indiana blew up its roster and gutted the team to start over. Of the 12 teams in the WNBA, Egbo might start on 2: Indiana and maybe Atlanta. She might be a backup on a 3rd: NYC. She wouldn't be a rotation player on the other 9 teams. She may develop into a legit pro contributor [the pace of play better suits her skills]. But don't go anointing her as the Queen of the WNBA [pun intended] quite yet.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.