Big 12 happenings

643,467 Views | 3754 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by slimecap
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

WBB HEAD COACH BRANDON SCHNEIDER
Brandon Schneider Skills Camp
July 15-18




Leonidas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A few details on the Martin domestic violence incident:

West Virginia University women's basketball player Tynice Martin was charged with domestic battery after she allegedly beat her ex-significant-other on July 15.

According to the criminal complaint, Martin arrived to her ex-significant-other's house on Twigg Street. Martin entered the house and pulled the victim's hair.
Police say Martin and another female shoved the victim against a storm door, where the victim was choked, beaten and shoved.
Martin a guard and red shirt senior on the Mountaineers was suspended indefinitely on August 3.
The Monongalia County Magistrate Court says a hearing for Martin has not been scheduled
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:


WBB HEAD COACH BRANDON SCHNEIDER
Brandon Schneider Skills Camp
July 15-18







Jhasmin!
blueeyedbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Florda_mike said:

Remember you said this "problem" would be short lived at Baylor under Mulkey!?
Ask Alexis Morris how fast the decision was made
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blueeyedbear said:

Florda_mike said:

Remember you said this "problem" would be short lived at Baylor under Mulkey!?
Ask Alexis Morris how fast the decision was made
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

2019-20 NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE

Oct 30 Missouri Western State exhibition
Nov 07 Southern
Nov 10 @ Drake
Nov 19 Texas Southern
Nov 22 @ North Dakota State
Nov 29 UArkansas Pine Bluff
Dec 01 New Orleans
Dec 05 @ Alabama BIG 12 / SEC Challenge
Dec 11 Iowa
Dec 15 Wright State
Dec 22 UNorthern Iowa
Dec 30 North Alabama
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

2020 VERBAL COMMIT
Nyam Thornton

5-9 G, Columbus Africentric High School OH

Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:


2020 VERBAL COMMIT
Nyam Thornton

5-9 G, Columbus Africentric High School OH




"Africentric HS?" That's a new one
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:


2019-20 NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE



Oct 30 Missouri Western State exhibition
Nov 07 Southern
Nov 10 @ Drake
Nov 19 Texas Southern
Nov 22 @ North Dakota State
Nov 29 UArkansas Pine Bluff
Dec 01 New Orleans
Dec 05 @ Alabama BIG 12 / SEC Challenge
Dec 11 Iowa
Dec 15 Wright State
Dec 22 UNorthern Iowa
Dec 30 North Alabama


Cupcake schedule
gone to Tickfaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fujobear said:

people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...


Wait...in football our non conference schedule was scrutinized for years. I just think ISU could play a ranked team or 2.
gone to Tickfaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Scott. Our WBB Schedule is a bit soft, with the exception of UCONN. We do play South Carolina, but they're not at the top of the chain, really, and the other big name school, Georgia, isn't a WBB power.

It's not just a problem with Baylor, but many of the WCBB programs have soft schedules, which doesn't do much for building a following nor rivalries.

I scanned many schedules, including Notre Dame & Oregon (both fairly soft), but UCONN has a monster schedule.Baylor. Tennessee. Notre Dame. DePaul. Ohio State. Oregon. South Carolina.

Wish ours looked like that and at least 3 were at home.
Russell Gym
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Even a seeded matchup between power conferences would be a good step, like the Big 12/SEC Challenge on the men's side. Make it a two-year matchup & a home-and-home. Re-seed every two seasons.
Lone Star
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fujobear said:

Scott. Our WBB Schedule is a bit soft, with the exception of UCONN. We do play South Carolina, but they're not at the top of the chain, really, and the other big name school, Georgia, isn't a WBB power.

It's not just a problem with Baylor, but many of the WCBB programs have soft schedules, which doesn't do much for building a following nor rivalries.

I scanned many schedules, including Notre Dame & Oregon (both fairly soft), but UCONN has a monster schedule.Baylor. Tennessee. Notre Dame. DePaul. Ohio State. Oregon. South Carolina.

Wish ours looked like that and at least 3 were at home.
UConn's non-conference schedule is always tough because their conference schedule is quite the opposite. They don't play in a conference that has teams able to give them a run on a regular basis. So, it is the opposite of other teams in P5 conferences that may start a little softer but know that the conference and conference tourney will be all they can handle.

And even with a "soft" non-con schedule, you always have to be aware of teams like SDSU, whom almost beat us last Thanksgiving. So sometimes these easier starts aren't as easy as we think.
blueeyedbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lone Star said:

fujobear said:

Scott. Our WBB Schedule is a bit soft, with the exception of UCONN. We do play South Carolina, but they're not at the top of the chain, really, and the other big name school, Georgia, isn't a WBB power.

It's not just a problem with Baylor, but many of the WCBB programs have soft schedules, which doesn't do much for building a following nor rivalries.

I scanned many schedules, including Notre Dame & Oregon (both fairly soft), but UCONN has a monster schedule.Baylor. Tennessee. Notre Dame. DePaul. Ohio State. Oregon. South Carolina.

Wish ours looked like that and at least 3 were at home.
UConn's non-conference schedule is always tough because their conference schedule is quite the opposite. They don't play in a conference that has teams able to give them a run on a regular basis. So, it is the opposite of other teams in P5 conferences that may start a little softer but know that the conference and conference tourney will be all they can handle.

And even with a "soft" non-con schedule, you always have to be aware of teams like SDSU, whom almost beat us last Thanksgiving. So sometimes these easier starts aren't as easy as we think.
Good points Lone Star - actually very good. South Carolina could be the SDSU on this years schedule with that very talented class coming in if Dawn can get them ready for D1 by then.
I think Kim has a good mix schedule wise right now because I think the Big 12 is going to be stronger as a whole then it was last year and we had a couple of teams give us all we wanted last year on their home courts. I think top to bottom the league will be better - maybe get as many as five/six invites to the dance. Really hoping Kim gives the youngsters a lot of playing time.
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UConn will be moving from AAC to Big East with Marquette-Depaul so their conference schedule will get tougher but rest not really world beaters. USF in AAC was pretty good and gave us some reasonably close games.
Pale Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dcheetah said:

UConn will be moving from AAC to Big East with Marquette-Depaul so their conference schedule will get tougher but rest not really world beaters. USF in AAC was pretty good and gave us some reasonably close games.

About time.
Big Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are they making the move this year?
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
next year
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

2019-20 NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE

Nov 14 Sam Houston State
Nov 18 Florida A&M
Nov 22 Northwestern State
Nov 29 v Monmouth or IPFW or USan Diego USD Thanksgiving Tourney
Nov 30 v Monmouth or IPFW or USan Diego USD Thanksgiving Tourney
Dec 04 Ole Miss BIG 12 / SEC Challenge
Dec 15 Houston Baptist
Dec 17 Prairie View A&M
Dec 20 UArkansas Pine Bluff
Dec 22 ULouisiana Monroe
Dec 29 UTSA
whitetrash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:


2019-20 NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE

Nov 14 Sam Houston State
Nov 18 Florida A&M
Nov 22 Northwestern State
Nov 29 v Monmouth or IPFW or USan Diego USD Thanksgiving Tourney
Nov 30 v Monmouth or IPFW or USan Diego USD Thanksgiving Tourney
Dec 04 Ole Miss BIG 12 / SEC Challenge
Dec 15 Houston Baptist
Dec 17 Prairie View A&M
Dec 20 UArkansas Pine Bluff
Dec 22 ULouisiana Monroe
Dec 29 UTSA
Not exactly murderers' row they are facing.
Big Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks.
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?



RECEE' CALDWELL
New Video Coordinator

"A 2014 McDonald's All-American, she recently concluded a collegiate career at UCLA, Texas Tech and Cal, in which she scored more than 1,000 points and 400 assists. Caldwell's responsibilities will include oversight of video exchange and the breakdown of opponent and individual video scouting, among other duties.

Head coach Karen Aston said, "We have been familiar with Recee' since her time as a high school athlete in San Antonio. I'm so impressed with her credentials and her desire to do whatever it takes to learn this business at the highest level. She is a gym rat, which translates well to this position."

2014-15 UCLA avg 6.9 ppg in 17 appearances before transferring to Texas Tech at end of freshman season.
2015-16 Texas Tech sat out due to NCAA transfer rules.
2016-17 Texas Tech avg team-high 14.5 ppg (8th in BIG 12). Avg 4.5 assists per game (6th in BIG 12). Earned All-BIG 12 Honorable Mention honors,
2017-18 Texas Tech avg 10.7 ppg and 6.0 assists per game in 13 appearances before missing the remainder of the season due to injury.
2018-19 California graduate transfer. Started all 33 games, Avg 10.0 ppg. Led her team with 4.6 assists per game.

Caldwell earned a bachelor's degree in business from Texas Tech in 2018. She was a two-time Academic All-Big 12 selection."

- Excerpt from Texas WBB website, 20 Aig 2019
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Caldwell a former Baylor commit
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

2021 RECRUITING
Grace Hall

6-2 Forward
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

NEW TEAM MEMBER from AUSTRALIA
Maddi Puli

slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?



PAN AMERICAN GAMES

Peyton Williams Reflects on Pan American Games Experience
Link
https://www.kstatesports.com/news/2019/8/19/womens-basketball-se-k-state-wbbs-peyton-williams-reflects-on-pan-american-games-experience.aspx
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?


VIVIAN GRAY

"Until you spread your wings, you will have no idea how far you can fly."
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

JHASMIN PLAYER
Assistant coach

slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?



INCOMING FRESHMAN from AUSTRALIA
Ashlee Hannan

2 of the 4 Texas incoming players are from Australia
Ashlee Hannan & Isabel Palmer

6-5 Ashlee Hannan
.. recruited by more than 20 colleges
.. member of Australia national team
U16 won Gold medal @ FIBA Asia Cup
U17 won Bronze medal @ FIBA World Cup
U18 win Bronze medal @ FIBA Asia Cup
.. mother is 1996 Olympic Bronze medalist Fiona (nee Robinson)

- CBR to USA, 4 June 2019
Pale Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A shame. Someone should have told her about ut.
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?



INCOMING FRESHMAN from AUSTRALIA
Isabel Palmer

5-9 guard. 2018 New South Wales Female Player of the Year.

June 5, 2019 Isabel Palmer Recovering from Foot Surgery
https://www.nbnnews.com.au/2019/06/05/palmer-recovering-from-foot-surgery/
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

2021 RECRUITING
Sept 1, 2019

Eball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:


2021 RECRUITING
Sept 1, 2019


I have been watching! Who could it be? class of 2021?
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eball said:

slimecap said:


2021 RECRUITING
I have been watching! Who could it be? class of 2021?
Two 2021 athletes that have previous Baylor-related twitter postings
Jada Malone & Raven "Hollywood" Johnson

Current event achievement for both @ John Lewis Top 160 last weekend

 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.