Big 12 happenings

686,014 Views | 3870 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by slimecap
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?


2020 WNBA DRAFT
Brittany Brewer
#17 overall pick Atlanta Dream

"Really just an honor overall," Brewer said of becoming the first draft pick in 14 years for the Lady Raiders basketball program. "Just the legacy that this program has, it means a lot to be hearing that and carrying the torch. I just hope that I'm a stepping stone for the players to come for the program, as well."

Link for 18 April 2020 article in Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
https://www.lubbockonline.com/sports/20200418/texas-techrsquos-brewer-excited-to-start-wnba-journey-with-atlanta-dream
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Every time I see that name I wonder if she is related to Charlie. Probably not, it's a common enough name.
“Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
I Corinthians 10:31
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

Every time I see that name I wonder if she is related to Charlie. Probably not, it's a common enough name.
The only relatives listed for Brittany Brewer I have seen are on
Texas Tech biography page
https://texastech.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/brittany-brewer/9258
USA Basketball team biography page
https://www.usab.com/basketball/players/womens/b/brewer-brittany.aspx
Twitter account @lilbrewsie
if you want to send her a tweet
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
thanks for the info

It's not that important. I'm just a little curious.
“Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
I Corinthians 10:31
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?


FORMER COACH

Jamie Carey becomes the new associate head coach at UNorth Texas.
2016-18 Texas assistant coach. 2018-20 Texas associate head coach.
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?



2021 VERBAL COMMIT

Kaley Perkins 6-1 Guard Langham Creek HS Houston TX
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

NEW COACHING SALARIES

300,000 Johnnie Harris associate head coach
210,000 Dionnah Jackson-Durrett associate head coach
170,000 Elena Lovato assistant coach

PREVIOUS COACHING SALARIES

190,890 Jamie Carey associate head coach
156,550 George Washington assistant coach
120,000 Terry Nooner assistant coach

Both new & previous numbers are base salaries

- Danny Davis, Austin American-Statesman, 7 May 2020
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?


2021 RECRUITING

Aubryanna "Bree" Hall 6-0 guatd Wayne HS Huber Heights OH
#26 HoopGurlz
Top 7 schools Texas. Kentucky. Mississippi State. North Carolina State. Ohio State. South Carolina. Tennessee.
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?


2020-21 NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
Battle 4 Atlantis Tournament

"Announcing the inaugural 2020 Battle 4 Atlantis Women's Tournament. The field will include Central Michigan, Marquette, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Florida, and Syracuse. The Battle 4 Atlantis Women's Tournament will take place November 21 - 23. The 12-game, three-day tournament is regarded as one of the most challenging early-season tournaments."

- atlantisbahamas.com
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Too bad Baylor couldn't be part of that one. Looks like a pretty good slate, even if Oregon lost some key players. I don't know how many players S. Carolina lost.
“Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
I Corinthians 10:31
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

Too bad Baylor couldn't be part of that one. Looks like a pretty good slate, even if Oregon lost some key players,


Baylor-Oregon women's matchup added to inaugural Pac-12 Coast-to-Coast Challenge

The inaugural Challenge is now slated to take place Saturday, Dec. 19, 2020 as a quadruple-header featuring the Lady Bears-Ducks showdown along with three Pac-12 men's programs against three Big 12 opponents at T-Mobile Arena, with anticipated return games at American Airlines Center in Dallas in 2021.

- Pac-12 conference website, 5 March 2020
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten.

I am still curious as to what November tournament the Lady Bears will play in and against whom. Those are always interesting for both MBB & WBB.
“Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
I Corinthians 10:31
Pale Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just hope and pray we play basketball in the Fall.
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pale Rider said:

I just hope and pray we play basketball in the Fall.
Me too Pale Rider
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pale Rider said:

I just hope and pray we play basketball in the Fall.
and football
“Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
I Corinthians 10:31
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

Pale Rider said:

I just hope and pray we play basketball in the Fall.
and football
Me too historian. Lol
Pale Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

Pale Rider said:

I just hope and pray we play basketball in the Fall.
and football
Me three historian. lol!
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

VIVIAN GRAY


slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?



2020-21 NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
vs UConn

"Currently, UConn is scheduled to face Baylor, Cal, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Virginia on the road while hosting Dayton, Little Rock, Maryland, South Carolina and Texas along with (neutral court games) against Quinnipiac and Mississippi State or Maine."

- Daniel Connolly, SB Nation, 12 May 2020
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it appropriate to ask what was happening in that picture?
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It does look a bit strange.
“Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
I Corinthians 10:31
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm trying to ignore it. Lolol
blueeyedbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:


2020-21 NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
vs UConn

"Currently, UConn is scheduled to face Baylor, Cal, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Virginia on the road while hosting Dayton, Little Rock, Maryland, South Carolina and Texas along with (neutral court games) against Quinnipiac and Mississippi State or Maine."

- Daniel Connolly, SB Nation, 12 May 2020
"Geno you only have one safety pin ?????"
SirBearALot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mulkey : "you can't touch this !"
beardoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mulkey: "This what everyone else in the BigXII conference race is looking at."
Bone Squad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/sports/mystery-solved-auriemmas-butt-slap/1972872/
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I figured it was something silly like that. Good thing they are both from a different generation. Nowadays a lot of people would tie their panties into knots over something like that.
“Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
I Corinthians 10:31
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:


2021 RECRUITING

Aubryanna "Bree" Hall 6-0 guatd Wayne HS Huber Heights OH
#26 HoopGurlz
Top 7 schools Texas. Kentucky. Mississippi State. North Carolina State. Ohio State. South Carolina. Tennessee.
UPDATE
May 25, 2020

Aubryanna "Bree" Hall makes a verbal commitment to South Carolina.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article243000686.html.
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?


Iowa State's Ashley Joens was the only player in the nation to average 20.0 points and 10.0 rebounds.



CBS SPORTS: NEVER-TOO-EARLY TOP 25
May 6, 2020

12. Iowa State

"The Cyclones ended last season at 18-11, but had a strong finish to the season, including a big win over Baylor. They return four of five starters and their top four leading scorers, led by Ashley Joens, who averaged 20.5 ppg. Kristin Scott, Rae Johnson and Maggie Espenmiller-McGraw will also return to lead coach Bill Fennelly's team.

While four starters return, which would likely put this team in the top-25, their recruiting class propels them even further. Ashley's younger sister Aubrey Joens, joins three other top-100 recruits, Emily Ryan, Kylie Feuerbach and top-15 recruit Lexi Donarski. All four of these recruits play the guard position and Joens and Donarski, in particular, can really shoot the ball. Five players shot better than 40% from the 3-point line last year and the 3-pointers will continue to fly for an Iowa State team that will be talented, deeper and far better than last year."
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:



Iowa State's Ashley Joens was the only player in the nation to average 20.0 points and 10.0 rebounds.



CBS SPORTS: NEVER-TOO-EARLY TOP 25
May 6, 2020

12. Iowa State

"The Cyclones ended last season at 18-11, but had a strong finish to the season, including a big win over Baylor. They return four of five starters and their top four leading scorers, led by Ashley Joens, who averaged 20.5 ppg. Kristin Scott, Rae Johnson and Maggie Espenmiller-McGraw will also return to lead coach Bill Fennelly's team.

While four starters return, which would likely put this team in the top-25, their recruiting class propels them even further. Ashley's younger sister Aubrey Joens, joins three other top-100 recruits, Emily Ryan, Kylie Feuerbach and top-15 recruit Lexi Donarski. All four of these recruits play the guard position and Joens and Donarski, in particular, can really shoot the ball. Five players shot better than 40% from the 3-point line last year and the 3-pointers will continue to fly for an Iowa State team that will be talented, deeper and far better than last year."
This might help to explain why they beat us in the last game of the season. They will probably challenge Baylor this next season.
“Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
I Corinthians 10:31
Pale Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was just going to post, "How the heck did they beat us?"
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They gave the Lady Bears a tough fight in the Big 12 tournament last year. It was probably a good thing, helping to prepare our gals for a tough NCAA tournament.
“Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
I Corinthians 10:31
buildabear1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our gals? WOW
Pale Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
buildabear1 said:

Our gals? WOW

Seriously? Wow.
BUBBFAN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pale Rider said:

buildabear1 said:

Our gals? WOW

Seriously? Wow.
Way to much sensitivity. Everything has to be taken as a negative.
First Page Last Page
Page 76 of 111
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.