Big 12 happenings

1,134,009 Views | 5531 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by slimecap
beardoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tech beat Southern 79-60. Southern now 0-6.
Green&GoldStandard
Ashley Hodge said:

a gentle reminder to keep the politics to the religion/politics, chitchat and bear cave boards please. I had to delete a few posts that were flagged.

15 harder???
Ashley Hodge
Staff
Green&GoldStandard said:

Ashley Hodge said:

a gentle reminder to keep the politics to the religion/politics, chitchat and bear cave boards please. I had to delete a few posts that were flagged.

15 harder???
don't understand the reference
Green&GoldStandard
Ashley Hodge said:

Green&GoldStandard said:

Ashley Hodge said:

15 harder???

15 yarder...lol. Damned autocorrect.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
Green&GoldStandard said:

Ashley Hodge said:

Green&GoldStandard said:

Ashley Hodge said:

15 harder???

15 yarder...lol. Damned autocorrect.
slimecap
Dec 21, 2020

historian
I hope this means that Texas is a better team & not that K State is less of a team. Baylor needs real competition in conference play. WBB in the Big 12 is not like MBB where half the conference is ranked & most of those in the top 10.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BUatbirth
I hate to gum up slimecap's Big 12 thread...but...

Good question historian. Of the four quarters, two were a tie, TU won the second by 12, KS won the 4th by 2.
KS had 34 turnovers...thirty-four! KS Asoka Lee only played 17min. All that, and late in the 4th, KS is only down by 5.
If you listen to the first part of Schaefer's presser, you'd think they just knocked off the Lady Bears. The first part was all I could stand to hear of his over the top commentary on his team. I see it now...Schaefer may be a good coach, but his 'gift' of gab makes him a great recruiter..IMO
jumpinjoe
Why can't I give Ashley Hodge a Star for his post?
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Wichitabear
BUatbirth said:

Good question historian. Of the four quarters, two were a tie, TU won the second by 12, KS won the 4th by 2.
KS had 34 turnovers...thirty-four! KS Asoka Lee only played 17min. All that, and late in the 4th, KS is only down by 5.
If you listen to the first part of Schaefer's presser, you'd think they just knocked off the Lady Bears. The first part was all I could stand to hear of his over the top commentary on his team. I see it now...Schaefer may be a good coach, but his 'gift' of gab makes him a great recruiter..IMO
Where were their masks?lolol
Wichitabear
BUatbirth said:

They probably feel like they knocked off the lady bears. Their program has been down for a long time.
slimecap
Dec 21, 2020

1st QTR Jayhawks started the game off scoring 13 points and leading the Bison 18-5 at the end of the first 10 minutes of play.

2nd QTR KU struggled to keep up its momentum from the first quarter, resulting in a Bison come-from-behind effort. Kansas held onto a one-point lead at the game's midpoint as NDSU erased a 13-point deficit, 30-29.

3rd QTR Jayhawks kept the game within their control, staying within one possession of the lead. Kansas came up with 24 points in those 10 minutes of action to give KU a 54-52 lead at the end of the quarter.

4th QTR It was a down-to-the-wire type of game, where the Jayhawks and the Bison went point-for-point until North Dakota State iced the game with free-throws down the stretch and prevailed by the score of 72-69.

- Kansas WBB website
BaylorTaxman
historian said:

I hope this means that Texas is a better team & not that K State is less of a team. Baylor needs real competition in conference play. WBB in the Big 12 is not like MBB where half the conference is ranked & most of those in the top 10.you mean you hoped K State is a better team and not that Texas is less of a team? Because this score was closer than I thought.
Did you inadvertently swap Texas and K State in the above post? Because this score was a lot closer than I expected.
historian
No I said what I meant. Texas may be among the stiffer competitors we have in conference play. I want them to be ranked when we play them so we will have a "quality" win. In non-conference play, the only real opponent we fact this year is UConn. So we need as many wins over ranked opponents as possible in conference play.
BaylorTaxman
I agree with all of that for sure. The score was a lot closer than I expected, so I hope K State is better than I thought versus UT being not as good. I guess we are saying the same thing.
SirBearALot
I liked Schaefer when he was at Ms St. But he be rubbing me the wrong way now!!
Wichitabear
SirBearALot said:

It will only get worse. He rubbed me the wrong way when he was at Miss. St.
historian
Probably.
historian
With Schaefer I see two possibilities (there probably are others):

1) He is all Texas fans hope he is and seriously challenges Baylor every year. That is probably good for us because it helps to prepare the team for the NCAA tournament. I'm certainly OK with that so long as we still get the W each time.

2) Like so many before him in every sport, he runs into the Texas culture of arrogance & entitlement (& the expectation that their money will buy them a championship) until reality sets in and his results won't be significantly better than Karen Aston's. Personally, I prefer option #1 because the Big 12 does not have as much parity in WBB as MBB. It's wonderful that the Lady Bears own the conference but I think we would be better off with tougher competition in regular season--especially when considering the level of our non conference opponents. But I'm also OK was this option because, well, it is Texas! LOL
BUatbirth
Wichitabear said:

SirBearALot said:

No Kidding! Stat line says TU should have blown out KS. KS in it till the end. Then Schaefer's post game..."This is such a great team y'all"..."This is my kinda team y'all!"..."This team is tough y'all". I'm listening to this and getting nauseous. I mean, is he talking about the KS game? My word...the guy is full of hot air (ie..BS).
Wichitabear
BUatbirth said:

Wichitabear said:

SirBearALot said:

No Kidding! Stat line says TU should have blown out KS. KS in it till the end. Then Schaefer's post game..."This is such a great team y'all"..."This is my kinda team y'all!"..."This team is tough y'all". I'm listening to this and getting nauseous. I mean, is he talking about the KS game? My word...the guy is full of hot air (ie..BS).
agree
ChapBear
I was not that impressed. I didn't see any superior talent on their team other than possibly Collier but we have the athleticism and quickness in Smith and Egbo to give her all she can handle.
bawitdaball
ChapBear said:

I was not that impressed. I didn't see any superior talent on their team other than possibly Collier but we have the athleticism and quickness in Smith and Egbo to give her all she can handle.

She also seemed a be showing a bit "forced" anger. You get an official who doesn't take to the constant attitude and it will be a short game for sure. Countering talent with over the top pressure can work against typical talent, but the number
Of reaching and pushing fouls that went uncalled was embarrassing. Take care of the ball and they shouldn't be much for Baylor - who has far superior talent. It's still an Aston team trying to not play like one. It will take a few years for them to switch gears entirely.
slimecap

CONFERENCE STANDINGS

2-0 Baylor
2-0 Oklahoma State
2-0 Iowa State
1-0 Texas
1-0 Kansas
1-1 Texas Tech
0-2 West Virginia
0-2 TCU
0-2 Kansas State
0-2 Oklahoma
historian
Thanks for posting, as always.
slimecap
historian said:

Thanks for posting, as always.
Hi historian,
You are welcome. Wishing you a Happy New Year
historian
Thank you.

Happy New Year to you and to everyone.

May 2021 be a whole lot better than 2021!
SirBearALot
ousuks
SirBearALot
ousuks in 2020 and in 2021
slimecap
AP TOP 25 WBB POLL
Dec 28, 2020

01 Stanford (26)
02 Louisville (1)
03 North Catolina State (2)
04 UConn (1)
05 South Carolina
06 Arizona
07 Baylor
08 Oregon
09 Texas A&M
10 Arkansas
11 UCLA
12 Mississippi State
13 Kentucky
14 Maryland
15 Northwestern
16 Michigan
17 Ohio State
18 DePaul
19 Texas
20 Indiana
21 USouth Florida
22 Syracuse
23 Gonzaga
24 Missouri State
25 Michigan State

-----------------------------
Others receiving votes

Georgia 33, North Carolina 27, South Dakota State 24, Oregon State 20, Iowa State 12, Tennessee 10, Arizona State 8, Rutgers 6, Iowa 6, Wake Forest 4, Georgia Tech 4, Rice 3, Alabama 2.
SirBearALot
SirBearALot said:

ousuks in 2020 and in 2021

That being said they beat UAPB worse than Univ. Arkansas did ...
slimecap
Dec 29, 2020

New Mexico State 59 @ Kansas 78
UArkansas Pine Bluff 64 @ Oklahoma 107
Lamar 49 @ Texas 77
Incarnate Word 47 @ Texas Tech 100
Florda_mike
slimecap said:

Dec 29, 2020

New Mexico State 59 @ Kansas 78
Lamar 49 @ Texas 77
Incarnate Word 47 @ Texas Tech 100

OU must have activated new player or players?

107 points seems out of character for rest of their season?
slimecap
Florda_mike said:

slimecap said:

Dec 29, 2020
OU must have activated new player or players?
107 points seems out of character for rest of their season?
Post-game recap & Sherri Coale interview video
https://soonersports.com/watch/?Archive=5293&type=Archive
slimecap
First Page Last Page
Page 91 of 159

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.