Big 12 happenings

1,133,917 Views | 5531 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by slimecap
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wichitabear said:

historian said:

And, as usual for Texas, those players will not live up to their potential.

University of Texas: where great players go to become mediocre
This coach is not Aston. He knows how to work with talent.

Absolutely scary what he can/will do with talent that Aston was incapable
4th and Inches
Aston had a culture problem that talent could not overcome... if we are honest, we had a bit of a culture problem for a few years after the second championship... the coaching change away from Damion was very helpful to the program. We had alot of prima donna athletes during his tenure
slimecap
slimecap

FINAL
Texas 64 vs Maryland 61
Florda_mike
slimecap said:

FINAL
Texas 64 vs Maryland 61

Big 12!

Wish Iowa St was still in too
LIB,MR BEARS
I felt kind of icky last night going for the Horns. I showered after the game and again this morning. I still don't feel right.
BUatbirth
LIB,MR BEARS said:

I felt kind of icky last night going for the Horns. I showered after the game and again this morning. I still don't feel right.
Same. Normally I'm talking about the thuggish Texas team and how obnoxious they are. But Maryland took those attributes to a new low...Made Texas look like The Miss Congeniality winners.
slimecap
LIB,MR BEARS said:

I felt kind of icky last night going for the Horns.
I understand. I was challenged with the Committee's 2021 bracket ... lower Big 12 seeding numbers & tougher Big 12 regional assignments. It helped me get thru one night of cheering for an Aggie graduate as he coached the Longhorns.
In my heart, #1 is always Sic 'em Bears
Pale Rider
Hahaha! All of the above for me too guys.
jumpinjoe
slimecap said:

I guess we can throw out the mantra "doing less with more" when describing UT, at least in women's sports (basketball and Volleyball). We might now have us some competition.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Wichitabear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

you'll live.
Wichitabear
BUatbirth said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Same. Normally I'm talking about the thuggish Texas team and how obnoxious they are. But Maryland took those attributes to a new low...Made Texas look like The Miss Congeniality winners.
y'a think! They were horrible.
gold rewards
Texas beat Maryland last night. Vic must be a pretty good coach. Might be a little more humble on this one. I am, unfortunately, smelling good things for the Texas women's basketball program for the future.

For our purposes, Texas used defense to put Maryland in their place. I take some solace in that for tonight against UCONN. Not sure UCONN has seen a defense as good as ours.
Wichitabear
gold rewards said:

Texas beat Maryland last night. Vic must be a pretty good coach. Might be a little more humble on this one. I am, unfortunately, smelling good things for the Texas women's basketball program for the future.

For our purposes, Texas used defense to put Maryland in their place. I take some solace in that for tonight against UCONN. Not sure UCONN has seen a defense as good as ours.
Iam turning down the volume and praying. I will look every once in awhile and check the score. Lololol
historian
As Mulkey said recently (last year or two), "defense wins championships." She proved that in 2019 with every game in both tournaments (especially against Iowa State, Iowa, South Carolina, Oregon, & Notre Dame). Baylor MBB has shown that repeatedly over the past couple years--and very dramatically against Villanova. The Lady Bears have shown it several times this year as well. I'm not sure if the Michigan win is a great example--except maybe in overtime--because I like to think we should have won handily in regulation.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
slimecap
BUatbirth
Not sure how we have become "The #5 Lady Bears". The tournament goes by seeding...we are the #2 Lady Bears. Sic'Em!
4th and Inches
BUatbirth said:

Not sure how we have become "The #5 Lady Bears". The tournament goes by seeding...we are the #2 Lady Bears. Sic'Em!
dyslexia
slimecap
BUatbirth said:

Looks like the Gameday promo listed the March 14 AP poll rankings
Link
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/associated-press
SirBearALot
There were four number one seeds and we were the number one 2 seed so that made us #5 overall seed. UCONN was the #1 overall seed.
historian
If we win today, none of that seeding will matter to anyone. To be honest it should not be important now. If we win we advance, if not our season is over. That's all.
Wichitabear
historian said:

If we win today, none of that seeding will matter to anyone. To be honest it should not be important now. If we win we advance, if not our season is over. That's all.
Let's not talk about our season being over. I can't handle that right now. Lol
historian
I don't like the idea either.
whitetrash
Florda_mike
SirBearALot said:

There were four number one seeds and we were the number one 2 seed so that made us #5 overall seed. UCONN was the #1 overall seed.

I thought #1 seed would have #8 in its Region

#5 should be in #4???

1-8
2-7
3-6
4-5

???
slimecap
bawitdaball
SirBearALot said:

Incorrect. Stanford is #1 overall. We were tabbed as #7
BUatbirth
slimecap said:

Jeeezz...look at the banner beside Smith. What number is next to BU? #2. That was my point...it goes by seeding. Really wasn't this big of a debate. BU is always #1 anyway...Sic'Em
Florda_mike
slimecap said:

Tough loss

Sorry buddy

We're hurting on that loss

Shouldn't have been

Play UCONN 10 times with Dede healthy beat em 7-8 times
slimecap
slimecap
Wichitabear
slimecap said:

wow. Hard to listen to. Gonna take awhile to get over this one, but we will. I just hope Kim can continue to battle with us.
Florda_mike
She will

Tough loss ..... still

National Champs without Dede injury

Can't imagine how bad Kim hurts for her girls. I'm sure she wanted to give em a National Championship
slimecap
South Carolina 62 vs Texas 34

slimecap
First Page Last Page
Page 100 of 159

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.