Big 12 happenings

1,134,681 Views | 5531 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by slimecap
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

After earning a first round bye with the overall No. 1 seed
Baylor will meet the winner of the No. 8 vs. No. 9 seed in the quarterfinals of the 2018 Philips 66 Big 12 Championship on Saturday, March 3 at 1:30 p.m. (CT).

With a win, the Lady Bears would play in the semifinals on Sunday, March 4 at 2 p.m. on FS1.

The title is scheduled Monday, March 5 at 8 p.m. on FS1.

- Baylor WBB website
setshot
What a service you perform for those of us who follow the Lady Bears, slimecap.
I wish there were some way to express the appreciation that we all feel, but you will just have to take our word for it.
Pale Rider
Double Ditto set.
BuinmyBlood
setshot said:

I wish there were some way to express the appreciation that we all feel, but you will just have to take our word for it.
No kidding. If it has anything to do with WBB, sister slimecap will have it out there for the rest of us to keep us completely informed.

BTW, slimecap - do you work for Baylor SID? I have no doubt you would be great at it!

Keep that good stuff comin'...and many thanks...
slimecap
setshot said:

Hi setshot,
I appreciate your kind words. Wishing you a nice evening!
slimecap
Pale Rider said:

Double Ditto set.
Hi Brother Pale Rider,
Thank you so much. Seeing your posts on the Premium game thread have been very encouraging to me.
Sincerely, Sister slimecap
slimecap
BuinmyBlood said:

No kidding. If it has anything to do with WBB, sister slimecap will have it out there for the rest of us to keep us completely informed.

BTW, slimecap - do you work for Baylor SID?
I have no doubt you would be great at it!

Hi Buinmyblood,
You are very kind to me. Thank you !
I am scratching my head and trying to remember ..
didn't we both try to piece together a recruiting list when the HoopGurlz website was non-operational 4-5 years ago?

To answer your question - I have never worked for Baylor. I'm just an enthusiastic alum that cheers on the Lady Bears as my favorite sports team - ever. Sic 'em

slimecap

CONFERENCE STANDINGS
as of February 27, 08:59 PM CT

18 - 0 Baylor
15 - 3 Texas
11 - 7 Oklahoma State
11 - 7 Oklahoma
9 - 9 TCU
8 - 10 West Virginia
7 - 11 Kansas State
7 - 11 Iowa State
3 - 15 Kansas
1 - 17 Texas Tech

end of regular conference season
BuinmyBlood
slimecap said:

BuinmyBlood said:

BTW, slimecap - do you work for Baylor SID?
I have no doubt you would be great at it!

Hi Buinmyblood,
You are very kind to me. Thank you !
I am scratching my head and trying to remember ..
didn't we both try to piece together a recruiting list when the HoopGurlz website was non-operational 4-5 years ago?

To answer your question - I have never worked for Baylor. I'm just an enthusiastic alum that cheers on the Lady Bears as my favorite sports team - ever. Sic 'em

Hey Slimecap . Even though I am an ardent follower of BU women's basketball recruiting, I don't think I was involved in what you're talking about. Sounds like something that would have more likely been DFWBill or skilled up or somebody else who's really on top of it. What I do have is comparative recruiting class rankings for the last 7 or 8 years for all the major programs, reflecting the scores given by both hoopgurlz and Prospects Nation.

It's really amazing how competitive Baylor and UT have been the last three to four years as far as having top five or six recruiting classes in that time.. it absolutely marks the best three to four years of back-to-back really good classes that Baylor has ever put together. We've tended to take in a good year, one or two stars and then two or three that were really just practice players that were not going to help us much off the bench. But that is all changing now. You look over the last 3 or so recruiting classes and there's just no dead wood there. There were a few players who for all their good intentions and hard work just weren't really up to snuff at an upper-echelon level. I can think of three in particular who I will not name in one of our more recent classes, who, as a result of their either transferring or giving up their scholarships opened the door for this unbelievable recruiting class we were able to put together this last year - which is absolutely 5 super studs the likes of which we have never had in one individual class. The future looks fantastic and I am really looking forward to it...
slimecap
And my prediction for the Saturday opponent for Baylor is

KANSAS STATE

Who do you think ...
Kansas or Kansas State?

`
Pale Rider
I say Kansas State. Sis you are indeed the best. No way this board would be the same without you. Blessings.
Scottdye
I am going with Kansas.

They are scrappy, and I think they will pull this one out.

I think TCU will beat OKLAHOMA as well.
4th and Inches
K State and TCU and Texas
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
bearbone11
Shouldn't the conference awards be announced today? Does anyone know when and how they are doing that?
slimecap
bearbone11 said:

Shouldn't the conference awards be announced today?
Last year they were announced March 1
It's a work day for me but I will search between call-outs for this year's date.
bowdedg
slimecap said:

bearbone11 said:

Shouldn't the conference awards be announced today?
Last year they were announced March 1
It's a work day for me but I will search between call-outs for this year's date.
I've been waiting to see the awards too. I was thinking either today or tomorrow we should see them. CKM should be Coach of the Year, and if not her, Regan Pebley TCU should get this. That is just my opinion of course. We all know the Big 12 guru's seem to like Texas, however, I'm not sure how they can give Texas any awards this year.
CavalryRoadie
I have to go with Raegan Pebley (TCU) - 5 more wins this year. Like CKM, she never stops coaching her players. I even like her sideline wardrobe choices.
bearbone11
Every other time the Big 12 has had an undefeated champion, the coach has gotten the award. I agree the Regan Pebley has done good work, but its tough to give her the award when her team finished 2-6 and won't make the tournament. This one should go to Kim, but who knows how the politics of this will work.
GrizBear
CavalryRoadie said:

I have to go with Raegan Pebley (TCU) - 5 more wins this year. Like CKM, she never stops coaching her players. I even like her sideline wardrobe choices.
Yes, let's reward mediocrity. Go Big XII.

There is one, and only one, obvious choice. 9-9 is not it.
Bone Squad
Slimecap, I remember you posted a summary of your conversation with the Big XII office about how the pre-season awards were chosen (essentially by a super secret society). Do you know if the same system is used for the end of season awards?
uglytobone
I'm still under the impression that we are still being "punished" by some for the whole sex scandal thing. They may find rewarding us in any fashion distasteful, whether it be by team ranking or accolades to players or Kim.
CavalryRoadie
GrizBear said:

CavalryRoadie said:

Yes, let's reward mediocrity. Go Big XII.

There is one, and only one, obvious choice. 9-9 is not it.
I get your point.
slimecap

TRANSFER OUT

RioRata
uglytobone said:

I'm still under the impression that we are still being "punished" by some for the whole sex scandal thing. They may find rewarding us in any fashion distasteful, whether it be by team ranking or accolades to players or Kim.

Don't forget Kim's "you knock them right in the face," comment. That didn't go over so well with the SJWs and the Me Too gals. Me thinks that KM is still paying a price with them and our confrence mates because of that. They can't beat her on the court so they will "punish" her behind the scenes.
57Bear
RioRata said:

uglytobone said:

Don't forget Kim's "you knock them right in the face," comment. That didn't go over so well with the SJWs and the Me Too gals. Me thinks that KM is still paying a price with them and our confrence mates because of that. They can't beat her on the court so they will "punish" her behind the scenes.
Fortunately they can only "punish her" if she allows it. KM has a good handle on Big-12 (and BU) politics and she doesn't change who she is to gain accolades.
blackie
If the Big XII backed up their concern for SA victims, they would have already held back a good chunk of revenues for OU and asked UT to explain how if 20% of the coeds claim being a victim sometime during their four years how the athletic department avoids having any of their male athletes as perps. Everyone would like to know the secret. We could expand it to the entire student community and the problem would no longer exist.

Sorry for the sidetrack, just tired of the hypocrisy of the BIg XII and its handlers (UT and OU). Kim tells it like it is. Something foreign to the cowards we have in the board room that won't stand up for us. The world doesn't want truth. It interferes with agendas.
slimecap

57Bear
KM probably has some feelings about Kristi not winning B-12 Player of any Week - especially since Kristi won a National Player of the Week.
slimecap
CONGRATULATIONS COACH KIM
BIG 12 Coach of the Year

slimecap

slimecap

slimecap
LAUREN COX

slimecap
KALANI BROWN

slimecap

whitetrash
slimecap said:

They didn't use the clip of Okonkwo flopping so hard last Saturday that she almost knocked herself out hitting her head on the court?
First Page Last Page
Page 17 of 159

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.