Kim's silence on BG situation

17,541 Views | 189 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Malbec
BylrFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are they still on bad terms?
Brusinbear2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i just think it is sad period that she has not said anything but other coaches from other universities have. It is giving off the idea you can do for me and once that is done i could not care anymore about you. How would you feel as a recruit that this is happening? It just seems weird to me.
BylrFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brusinbear2001 said:

i just think it is sad period that she has not said anything but other coaches from other universities have. It is giving off the idea you can do for me and once that is done i could not care anymore about you. How would you feel as a recruit that this is happening? It just seems weird to me.


Yes this is my exact thoughts too regarding Kim. Totally opposite from what we're seeing from Nicki Collin
baylorbear33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It can't possibly be a surprise to y'all that CKM might fall into the ''you do the crime, you do the time" camp. She may have chosen the silence route to keep out of the fray. While the situation is bad for any American to be stuck in the Russian legal system, there is some degree of responsibility here on Brittany's part.
EvilTroyAndAbed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
baylorbear33 said:

It can't possibly be a surprise to y'all that CKM might fall into the ''you do the crime, you do the time" camp. She may have chosen the silence route to keep out of the fray. While the situation is bad for any American to be stuck in the Russian legal system, there is some degree of responsibility here on Brittany's part.
Not nine years worth. Sham trial. Sham government. She's simply a political pawn.
Bone Squad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Even assuming she had cannabis as accused, they hammered her under the flimsy pretense that she was trafficking it in large quantities as a dealer, which I think any reasonable person would know is preposterous. I think this is a naked political move by a corrupt government, full stop.

That said, I always find it odd when people play the game of "this celebrity/public figure hasn't spoken out enough about such and such topics." Why does anyone care about the lack of tweet by Kim Mulkey, or MC Hammer, or the Coca Cola? I am no expert in international politics, but I feel certain that Putin's decisions are effected precisely 0% by the opinion of any American celebrity. If you wanted to make the argument that attention is needed so that our own government gets involved, then I could at least see the point, but as it stands, Biden has addressed Griner's situation specifically and at least claims to be working diligently on it. Which effectively leaves any celebrity's comments on it totally useless. We could let the appropriate people do their jobs and not worry about any public figure's verbal posturing or lack thereof.
Mothballs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

baylorbear33 said:

It can't possibly be a surprise to y'all that CKM might fall into the ''you do the crime, you do the time" camp. She may have chosen the silence route to keep out of the fray. While the situation is bad for any American to be stuck in the Russian legal system, there is some degree of responsibility here on Brittany's part.
Not nine years worth. Sham trial. Sham government. She's simply a political pawn.

All of this may be true but she put herself in this position.
Mothballs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

TMZ Sports reported on Wednesday that Iman Shumpert was arrested at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport after TSA screeners found a plastic bag filled with a "green leafy substance." Shumpert admitted the substance was marijuana.


Looky, looky, looky. NBA players get arrested in American airports for trying to snuggle marijuana on to a flight. Where's the outrage??? Crickets from Kim too.
blueeyedbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

baylorbear33 said:

It can't possibly be a surprise to y'all that CKM might fall into the ''you do the crime, you do the time" camp. She may have chosen the silence route to keep out of the fray. While the situation is bad for any American to be stuck in the Russian legal system, there is some degree of responsibility here on Brittany's part.
Not nine years worth. Sham trial. Sham government. She's simply a political pawn.
ITS RUSSIA not Austin Texas !! Its Russian law - They do not want that crap in their country - their own citizens are treated with the exact same consequences, and you bet Russia will use high profile BG as a warning and an example to every tourist who might want to bring a little "pick me up" into their country. You think this is harsh - research the laws in Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, North Korea and China to name a few - if you live through the internment and prison sentence you will be so old and weak you will need a liter carrier to leave.
Mothballs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blueeyedbear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

baylorbear33 said:

It can't possibly be a surprise to y'all that CKM might fall into the ''you do the crime, you do the time" camp. She may have chosen the silence route to keep out of the fray. While the situation is bad for any American to be stuck in the Russian legal system, there is some degree of responsibility here on Brittany's part.
Not nine years worth. Sham trial. Sham government. She's simply a political pawn.
ITS RUSSIA not Austin Texas !! Its Russian law - They do not want that crap in their country - their own citizens are treated with the exact same consequences, and you bet Russia will use high profile BG as a warning and an example to every tourist who might want to bring a little "pick me up" into their country. You think this is harsh - research the laws in Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, North Korea and China to name a few - if you live through the internment and prison sentence you will be so old and weak you will need a liter carrier to leave.

It used to be automatic death penalty for any amount of illegal drugs in Turkey. They've softened their stance slightly... very slightly.
BylrFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bone Squad said:

Even assuming she had cannabis as accused, they hammered her under the flimsy pretense that she was trafficking it in large quantities as a dealer, which I think any reasonable person would know is preposterous. I think this is a naked political move by a corrupt government, full stop.

That said, I always find it odd when people play the game of "this celebrity/public figure hasn't spoken out enough about such and such topics." Why does anyone care about the lack of tweet by Kim Mulkey, or MC Hammer, or the Coca Cola? I am no expert in international politics, but I feel certain that Putin's decisions are effected precisely 0% by the opinion of any American celebrity. If you wanted to make the argument that attention is needed so that our own government gets involved, then I could at least see the point, but as it stands, Biden has addressed Griner's situation specifically and at least claims to be working diligently on it. Which effectively leaves any celebrity's comments on it totally useless. We could let the appropriate people do their jobs and not worry about any public figure's verbal posturing or lack thereof.


Mulkey wouldn't be where she is today without BG. It's a bad look regardless. Glad she's not on the Baylor team because recruits are seeing the real Kim
BluesBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blueeyedbear said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

baylorbear33 said:

It can't possibly be a surprise to y'all that CKM might fall into the ''you do the crime, you do the time" camp. She may have chosen the silence route to keep out of the fray. While the situation is bad for any American to be stuck in the Russian legal system, there is some degree of responsibility here on Brittany's part.
Not nine years worth. Sham trial. Sham government. She's simply a political pawn.
ITS RUSSIA not Austin Texas !! Its Russian law - They do not want that crap in their country - their own citizens are treated with the exact same consequences, and you bet Russia will use high profile BG as a warning and an example to every tourist who might want to bring a little "pick me up" into their country. You think this is harsh - research the laws in Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, North Korea and China to name a few - if you live through the internment and prison sentence you will be so old and weak you will need a liter carrier to leave.
It's not her first trip to Russia either...in Singapore, you get caught with drugs (any amount) and you are looking at life in prison, canning or possible execution.

I don't feel sorry for her one bit. And who cares what Kim thinks....
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You mean the #1 recruit in the country… who signed with Mulkey gimme a break. Maybe Mulkeys not speaking on it because there's nothing to defend ? BG is guilty hell she even plead guilty… just another attempt by a poster to crap on Kim for no real reason
Mothballs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BylrFan said:

Bone Squad said:

Even assuming she had cannabis as accused, they hammered her under the flimsy pretense that she was trafficking it in large quantities as a dealer, which I think any reasonable person would know is preposterous. I think this is a naked political move by a corrupt government, full stop.

That said, I always find it odd when people play the game of "this celebrity/public figure hasn't spoken out enough about such and such topics." Why does anyone care about the lack of tweet by Kim Mulkey, or MC Hammer, or the Coca Cola? I am no expert in international politics, but I feel certain that Putin's decisions are effected precisely 0% by the opinion of any American celebrity. If you wanted to make the argument that attention is needed so that our own government gets involved, then I could at least see the point, but as it stands, Biden has addressed Griner's situation specifically and at least claims to be working diligently on it. Which effectively leaves any celebrity's comments on it totally useless. We could let the appropriate people do their jobs and not worry about any public figure's verbal posturing or lack thereof.


Mulkey wouldn't be where she is today without BG. It's a bad look regardless. Glad she's not on the Baylor team because recruits are seeing the real Kim

You must have missed the championships Mulkey won 7 years before and 7 years after BG. It would be closer to the truth to say that Baylor WBB wouldn't be where it's at today without Mulkey. As a reference check out the history of WBB here before Kim arrived.
sicem45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BylrFan said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

i just think it is sad period that she has not said anything but other coaches from other universities have. It is giving off the idea you can do for me and once that is done i could not care anymore about you. How would you feel as a recruit that this is happening? It just seems weird to me.


Yes this is my exact thoughts too regarding Kim. Totally opposite from what we're seeing from Nicki Collin


Kim may win a lot but she is a trash human being who only cares about winning. She didn't care about her current players after they won in 2019 taking her to see trump who no one wanted to see. This entire thing will catch up with her recruiting at LSU. It's going to be funny to watch her throw her jacket continuing to lose recruiting battles and games in the SEC

Thanks for the titles but we have Nicki who cares for her players and wants them to be successful on and off the court .
Mothballs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sicem45 said:

BylrFan said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

i just think it is sad period that she has not said anything but other coaches from other universities have. It is giving off the idea you can do for me and once that is done i could not care anymore about you. How would you feel as a recruit that this is happening? It just seems weird to me.


Yes this is my exact thoughts too regarding Kim. Totally opposite from what we're seeing from Nicki Collin


Kim may win a lot but she is a trash human being who only cares about winning. She didn't care about her current players after they won in 2019 taking her to see trump who know one wanted to see. She is a hardcore republican. This entire thing will catch up with her recruiting at LSU. It's going to be funny to watch her throw her jacket continuing for lose recruiting battles and games in the SEC

Thanks for the titles but we have Nicki who cares for her players and wants them to be successful on and off the court .

Something about your post definitely screams trash human being . How does that work exactly? You wanna take a stab at it?
sicem45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mothballs said:

sicem45 said:

BylrFan said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

i just think it is sad period that she has not said anything but other coaches from other universities have. It is giving off the idea you can do for me and once that is done i could not care anymore about you. How would you feel as a recruit that this is happening? It just seems weird to me.


Yes this is my exact thoughts too regarding Kim. Totally opposite from what we're seeing from Nicki Collin


Kim may win a lot but she is a trash human being who only cares about winning. She didn't care about her current players after they won in 2019 taking her to see trump who know one wanted to see. She is a hardcore republican. This entire thing will catch up with her recruiting at LSU. It's going to be funny to watch her throw her jacket continuing for lose recruiting battles and games in the SEC

Thanks for the titles but we have Nicki who cares for her players and wants them to be successful on and off the court .

Something about your post definitely screams trash human being . How does that work exactly? You wanna take a stab at it?


Kim has been openly anti gay to players and has had many moments using slurs around her players. That is not okay. She is a narcissist, it's all about her. She never does any wrong.

BG MADE Kim Mulkey, Kim should be kissing her feet because she made Kim a lot of money and was a big reason top recruits started coming in after she was here.
sicem45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear said:

You mean the #1 recruit in the country… who signed with Mulkey gimme a break. Maybe Mulkeys not speaking on it because there's nothing to defend ? BG is guilty hell she even plead guilty… just another attempt by a poster to crap on Kim for no real reason


She should get credit for landing her but it was always going to take a lot for Williams to leave home. Her family is all LSU people. She grew up watching LSU and going to a lot of their games
Mothballs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sicem45 said:

Mothballs said:

sicem45 said:

BylrFan said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

i just think it is sad period that she has not said anything but other coaches from other universities have. It is giving off the idea you can do for me and once that is done i could not care anymore about you. How would you feel as a recruit that this is happening? It just seems weird to me.


Yes this is my exact thoughts too regarding Kim. Totally opposite from what we're seeing from Nicki Collin



Kim may win a lot but she is a trash human being who only cares about winning. She didn't care about her current players after they won in 2019 taking her to see trump who know one wanted to see. She is a hardcore republican. This entire thing will catch up with her recruiting at LSU. It's going to be funny to watch her throw her jacket continuing for lose recruiting battles and games in the SEC

Thanks for the titles but we have Nicki who cares for her players and wants them to be successful on and off the court .

Something about your post definitely screams trash human being . How does that work exactly? You wanna take a stab at it?


Kim has been openly anti gay to players and has had many moments using slurs around her players. That is not okay. She is a narcissist, it's all about her. She never does any wrong.

BG MADE Kim Mulkey, Kim should be kissing her feet because she made Kim a lot of money and was a big reason top recruits started coming in after she was here.

You've lost your mind if you think Griner MADE Mulkey. BG can't even make her own bed...except of course for the bed she has made in Russia.

Edit: I don't recall Mulkey ever being accused of assaulting a lesbian. Can you say the same for Grinder?

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2446693-brittney-griner-pleads-guilty-seeks-counseling-after-domestic-violence-arrest.amp.html
canoso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BylrFan said:

Bone Squad said:

Even assuming she had cannabis as accused, they hammered her under the flimsy pretense that she was trafficking it in large quantities as a dealer, which I think any reasonable person would know is preposterous. I think this is a naked political move by a corrupt government, full stop.

That said, I always find it odd when people play the game of "this celebrity/public figure hasn't spoken out enough about such and such topics." Why does anyone care about the lack of tweet by Kim Mulkey, or MC Hammer, or the Coca Cola? I am no expert in international politics, but I feel certain that Putin's decisions are effected precisely 0% by the opinion of any American celebrity. If you wanted to make the argument that attention is needed so that our own government gets involved, then I could at least see the point, but as it stands, Biden has addressed Griner's situation specifically and at least claims to be working diligently on it. Which effectively leaves any celebrity's comments on it totally useless. We could let the appropriate people do their jobs and not worry about any public figure's verbal posturing or lack thereof.


Mulkey wouldn't be where she is today without BG. It's a bad look regardless. Glad she's not on the Baylor team because recruits are seeing the real Kim
Recruits aren't going to pay a bean's worth of attention to what CKM does/says or does not do/say regarding Brittney's situation. Nobody else will, either, except those that live to be outraged over one thing or another. Isn't life short enough already?
baylorbear33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I see that Mack, I mean sicem45, is back on the boards. I simply have no response that could possibly match his word vomit skills.
whitetrash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sicem45 said:

BylrFan said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

i just think it is sad period that she has not said anything but other coaches from other universities have. It is giving off the idea you can do for me and once that is done i could not care anymore about you. How would you feel as a recruit that this is happening? It just seems weird to me.


Yes this is my exact thoughts too regarding Kim. Totally opposite from what we're seeing from Nicki Collin


Kim may win a lot but she is a trash human being who only cares about winning. She didn't care about her current players after they won in 2019 taking her to see trump who know one wanted to see. This entire thing will catch up with her recruiting at LSU. It's going to be funny to watch her throw her jacket continuing to lose recruiting battles and games in the SEC

Thanks for the titles but we have Nicki who cares for her players and wants them to be successful on and off the court but gets blown out in the 2nd round by South Dakota .


Fify
sicem45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whitetrash said:

sicem45 said:

BylrFan said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

i just think it is sad period that she has not said anything but other coaches from other universities have. It is giving off the idea you can do for me and once that is done i could not care anymore about you. How would you feel as a recruit that this is happening? It just seems weird to me.


Yes this is my exact thoughts too regarding Kim. Totally opposite from what we're seeing from Nicki Collin


Kim may win a lot but she is a trash human being who only cares about winning. She didn't care about her current players after they won in 2019 taking her to see trump who know one wanted to see. This entire thing will catch up with her recruiting at LSU. It's going to be funny to watch her throw her jacket continuing to lose recruiting battles and games in the SEC

Thanks for the titles but we have Nicki who cares for her players and wants them to be successful on and off the court but gets blown out in the 2nd round by South Dakota .


Fify


You do realize LSU got blown out in the 2nd round at home vs Ohio State

Baylor won the big 12 regular season title. The other didn't win their conference
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We lost to South Dakota!!! A game which we were never in. Do you ever stop to think how idiotic you sound when you post ?
And comparing the B12 to the SEC is laughable.
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A conviction in Russia means absolutely nothing to civilization. She is a hostage and is being used for leverage. Just like it occurs in the Middle East and in the old USSR. And Kim has been a disappointment.
Mothballs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sicem45 said:

whitetrash said:

sicem45 said:

BylrFan said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

i just think it is sad period that she has not said anything but other coaches from other universities have. It is giving off the idea you can do for me and once that is done i could not care anymore about you. How would you feel as a recruit that this is happening? It just seems weird to me.


Yes this is my exact thoughts too regarding Kim. Totally opposite from what we're seeing from Nicki Collin


Kim may win a lot but she is a trash human being who only cares about winning. She didn't care about her current players after they won in 2019 taking her to see trump who know one wanted to see. This entire thing will catch up with her recruiting at LSU. It's going to be funny to watch her throw her jacket continuing to lose recruiting battles and games in the SEC

Thanks for the titles but we have Nicki who cares for her players and wants them to be successful on and off the court but gets blown out in the 2nd round by South Dakota .


Fify


You do realize LSU got blown out in the 2nd round at home vs Ohio State

Baylor won the big 12 regular season title. The other didn't win their conference

Besides you, who cares about LSU???
Mothballs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

A conviction in Russia means absolutely nothing to civilization. She is a hostage and is being used for leverage. Just like it occurs in the Middle East and in the old USSR. And Kim has been a disappointment.

It's hard to convict someone that pleads guilty. Seems like she already convicted herself.
sicem45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mothballs said:

sicem45 said:

whitetrash said:

sicem45 said:

BylrFan said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

i just think it is sad period that she has not said anything but other coaches from other universities have. It is giving off the idea you can do for me and once that is done i could not care anymore about you. How would you feel as a recruit that this is happening? It just seems weird to me.


Yes this is my exact thoughts too regarding Kim. Totally opposite from what we're seeing from Nicki Collin


Kim may win a lot but she is a trash human being who only cares about winning. She didn't care about her current players after they won in 2019 taking her to see trump who know one wanted to see. This entire thing will catch up with her recruiting at LSU. It's going to be funny to watch her throw her jacket continuing to lose recruiting battles and games in the SEC

Thanks for the titles but we have Nicki who cares for her players and wants them to be successful on and off the court but gets blown out in the 2nd round by South Dakota .


Fify


You do realize LSU got blown out in the 2nd round at home vs Ohio State

Baylor won the big 12 regular season title. The other didn't win their conference

Besides you, who cares about LSU???


I don't but responding to the poster who used Nickis 2nd round loss to make the previous coach look better. The roster Nicki inherited was ridiculously thin. It was a better coaching job the previous coach did.

People don't realize how exhausted last years team was not having any kind of a bench
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So naturally you believe what hostages say about what they did while in captivity.
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dude! You were telling us all how Bu was going to win a Natty year 1 with Collen and how much better she was then Mulkey yada yada yada. You like to throw **** at a wall hoping it sticks do you sound intelligent. The only one stuck on Mulkey here is you. You seem to spend all your time bashing her to bring credit to CNC for some weird reason. This has been your MO for a solid year now
Russell Gym
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Regardless of all the arguments in this thread about various coaches, their successes and abilities, caring, etc., one thing I think that is fairly certain is this:

Kim Mulkey will never utter another public word about Baylor or anyone ever associated with it ever again. Might make a couple of exceptions for former assistants or players in coaching. The history of ghosting ended relationships is strong. Not defending or judging it, just pointing it out.
Malbec
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This thread needs a padlock. The kind that can take a bullet and not come open.
sicem45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear said:

Dude! You were telling us all how Bu was going to win a Natty year 1 with Collen and how much better she was then Mulkey yada yada yada. You like to throw **** at a wall hoping it sticks do you sound intelligent. The only one stuck on Mulkey here is you. You seem to spend all your time bashing her to bring credit to CNC for some weird reason. This has been your MO for a solid year now


Colleen is going to win big at Baylor but she deserves time to fix the issues left by the previous regime but more importantly bring in athletes that fit her system. Collens loves the 3 ball and the roster she had was limited to what they could do.

Unreasonable to expect her to win a natty year one with no elite shooters and a bench as thin as a piece of paper. She is upping the talent bringing in this freshmen class and Edwards/Blackwell
Mothballs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

So naturally you believe what hostages say about what they did while in captivity.

So naturally I believe Brittney Griner is guilty because Brittney Griner says Brittney Griner is guilty. It doesn't matter what anybody else says on the subject including Kim Mulkey... naturally. Do you believe that Brittney Griner is innocent of domestic violence even after Brittney Griner pled guilty to domestic violence?
Brusinbear2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
it's not even about if she is guilty or not and what anyone believes. But like there is no support to her as a individual at all. No matter what she is a human being that we all once supported at this university. I personally hope she is okay as a human not even a basketball player level a human being level. But her coach the one who recruited her to come to our university. has nothing to say about a player that helped her be in these Hall Of Fame Coaching conversations. If i was a recruit i would honestly think about that and how because they didn't see eye to eye it seems as if she couldn't care less about her. That's just my opinion and yes you an have your own as well!!
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.