Blackwell update?

6,565 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dcheetah
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dr. J said:

Why are we still talking about Blackwell? Accept she is not going to play for us the rest of the year and move on…..
Why would we accept that? She just played a few games ago.
Olympia3
BU71 said:

blackie said:

BU71 said:

ScottS said:

What is going on?
It seems to me that Blackwell is being blamed for getting injured and the coaches are being asked to cut ties with her. Sound about right? Unfortunate
What is your source for this? That makes no sense to me whatsoever. Who would ask the coaches to cut ties with her, and for what reason? Man, sometimes I hate fan boards. She tried to go a couple of times. The logical assumption and that is what most of us have to make since we are not close to the team is that she still did not feel right. But just like JTT on the men's side, you get to a point where you are ready to try and you won't know if you are truly ready until you try. JTT has tried and so far, so good. But just because he played last Saturday doesn't mean he is good for the season. It seems that Blackwell tried and is just not ready.

Once again where is any basis for your statement?
To clarify, my comment was in response to the question about Olympia3's comment which seemed to dismiss Blackwell until she is healthy enough to play. I think that was an unfortunate statement and my comment was intended to share my disappointment in that statement. I am on record as supporting the WBB program, players and coaches and I pray for Blackwell's complete recovery. I'm delighted to see her with the team. From a distance she appears to be a positive example of the kind of student athlete that Baylor wants to attract.

I am saying enough talking about speculation of playing or not. Stop the talk. Until she plays then start We can talk. No unfortunate statement at all.

Nobody is addressing it on the team. Move on till there is real news. BU71 no unfortunate statement at all. Time to move on until there is real news.
Lynnp550
She made that one amazing run, grabbed the ball, passed it, seemed to be limping as she left the court.

At today's Tip Off Cub luncheon, Coach Nicky said Aijha is done for this season.
Bear3
That is sad but not surprising. She needs to be close to 100% before she plays basketball anywhere. It will be interesting to see if she elects to return to Baylor next year. Would be wonderful if she does return but I assume that will depend on her projected draft status.
ScottS
Lynnp550 said:

She made that one amazing run, grabbed the ball, passed it, seemed to be limping as she left the court.

At today's Tip Off Cub luncheon, Coach Nicky said Aijha is done for this season.
She has to be bluffing to throw off other Big12 teams.
chorne68
She should never come back this early. I hope she is here next year...I think she will be.
blackie
chorne68 said:

She should never come back this early. I hope she is here next year...I think she will be.
I don't think we ever really knew exactly what the injury was, did we? At some point you think you are OK. The doctors think you are OK. You have to try to find out. JTT did that and so far it has worked for him. It didn't work for Blackwell.

Concerning her draft status, is a team going to take that much of a chance on a player that hasn't even shown she has come back from the injury? Seems to me, only the general manager of a certain local pro football team would take that risk, and his risks haven't turned out to well.
Bone Squad
I agree with Blackie. It would be one thing if she were out of eligibility and had no other choice. But if the situation is that she is not in a position to play at all by the end of the season, the draft and WNBA training camps happen pretty quickly after that. At best, then, she would be working her way back from injury and trying to secure her place on a roster in that condition. It's a high risk proposition for her and for the team that picks her.

I'm not in my early 20s and never played sports at this level, so I can't speak for what Aijha may be thinking on this subject, but if I were in her shoes, coming back to play another year in college while fully healthy makes far more sense.
74Bear
In some recent projections she has dropped from top ten to middle second round. . Hope she indeed hangs around.
Dcheetah
She has given hints earlier that she might stay around. Seems much more likely now.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.