Roster 3, 4/25/23

6,227 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by baylorbear33
BearTiger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why don't you stop your nonsense and judging someone you don't even know. It was a legitimate question asking if the games were close less than 5 points, would you replace some of the starters with bench backup players? That was all there was to that question. Oh and BTW, half of our family members are Baylor alum and fans, we still have several family members who ahave been employed at Baylor the past 30 years. Several were born and still living in Waco. Some of us have been going to Baylor MBB and WBB games the past 25 years even when they were bad. We have donated to Baylor sports the past 25 years. Don't judge and preach where my allegiance is.
blackie
BearTiger said:

Why don't you stop your nonsense and judging someone you don't even know. It was a legitimate question asking if the games were close less than 5 points, would you replace some of the starters with bench backup players? That was all there was to that question. Oh and BTW, half of our family members are Baylor alum and fans, we still have several family members who ahave been employed at Baylor the past 30 years. Several were born and still living in Waco. Some of us have been going to Baylor MBB and WBB games the past 25 years even when they were bad. We have donated to Baylor sports the past 25 years. Don't judge and preach where my allegiance is.
We are all interested.....why the user name?

But to answer your question....of course you don't replace the starters. If you do, you likely lose the game and the post season doesn't matter......DUH. But if you don't you have the tired legs that we saw in both 2022 and 2023. With as limited a roster as we were left with after we got dumped, it was one or the other. The choice, the obvious choice is to win the games and hope for the best in the tournament. Next year, we shouldn't have to make that choice. Could be the deepest roster, a high-level quality roster we have ever had.
IowaBear
We aren't all interested in the username… most don't give a **** besides you and AP clearly.
BearTiger
Blackie, about 1/2 of our family is Baylor alum. Some still work at Baylor and live in Waco. I agreed to put BearTiger in the name coz we have 2 in-laws who are LSU alum. I agreed with their teenagers that I would add Tiger to the name. They are not allowed to set up an account or post on this or any message board coz some adults can be mean or hurtful. But they love to read both Baylor and LSU boards, especially women's sports, because they cheer for both schools. If they want to ask a question, they will tell me and I will put it out there for them. The teenagers were the ones who asked the question about replacing starters with bench players.
But most of the family supports Baylor sports for the past 25 years. When Baylor played LSU 2X, our Baylor family stayed upstairs watching games, while we sent the 2 LSU in-laws in the basement. We also have 2 family members who are Va Tech alum (military cadets). Our parents lived in Waco for 12 years, and they had annual membership to the Baylor Club next to the football stadium. When we visited them, we always enjoyed eating outside on the patio watching the football games. We attended several MBB and WBB games. We live in the east coast now, but we always follow Baylor sports. Out of love for our in-laws, we cheer for LSU and Va Tech sports occasionally (when not playing Baylor).
baylorbear33
BearTiger - you do not owe anyone an explanation. You will soon learn there are a few posters here with big agendas that are still carrying around a heavy axe to grind with regard to our former Hall of Fame coach. Many with feelings that are still hurt because Coach Mulkey has proven, yet again (and in a big way), that she would be successful at LSU. Many who are having to eat crow because their astute predictions about her lack of success were WRONG. It is perfectly acceptable, and gasp, plausible, to support both schools.
blackie
BearTiger said:

Blackie, about 1/2 of our family is Baylor alum. Some still work at Baylor and live in Waco. I agreed to put BearTiger in the name coz we have 2 in-laws who are LSU alum. I agreed with their teenagers that I would add Tiger to the name. They are not allowed to set up an account or post on this or any message board coz some adults can be mean or hurtful. But they love to read both Baylor and LSU boards, especially women's sports, because they cheer for both schools. If they want to ask a question, they will tell me and I will put it out there for them. The teenagers were the ones who asked the question about replacing starters with bench players.
But most of the family supports Baylor sports for the past 25 years. When Baylor played LSU 2X, our Baylor family stayed upstairs watching games, while we sent the 2 LSU in-laws in the basement. We also have 2 family members who are Va Tech alum (military cadets). Our parents lived in Waco for 12 years, and they had annual membership to the Baylor Club next to the football stadium. When we visited them, we always enjoyed eating outside on the patio watching the football games. We attended several MBB and WBB games. We live in the east coast now, but we always follow Baylor sports. Out of love for our in-laws, we cheer for LSU and Va Tech sports occasionally (when not playing Baylor).
Thanks for the explanation. Despite Iowa's usual mind for looking for conspiracy theories, there was no agenda in asking the question. Just interested to know. I think more than me are interested in how people come up with their user names. Nothing more than that. I can't help it if others think there is some hidden meaning.
BearTiger
33, not a single person in our multi-families have any ill-will towards Coach Mulkey. We attended couple games when BG played, and we met Mulkey 2X. Both times she took the time to talk to us and was nothing but gracious to us. We are appreciative she put WBB on the map and that she brought 3 national championships to Baylor. We know what it was like before Mulkey, losing seasons every year. We went to couple games before Mulkey and nobody showed up, nobody cared. We wish her success wherever she is, no ill-will whatsoever, but we now support Coach N.
chorne68
BearTiger said:

33, not a single person in our multi-families have any ill-will towards Coach Mulkey. We attended couple games when BG played, and we met Mulkey 2X. Both times she took the time to talk to us and was nothing but gracious to us. We are appreciative she put WBB on the map and that she brought 3 national championships to Baylor. We know what it was like before Mulkey, losing seasons every year. We went to couple games before Mulkey and nobody showed up, nobody cared. We wish her success wherever she is, no ill-will whatsoever, but we now support Coach N.
I agree!
baylorbear33
BearTiger said:

100% - I have no ill-will towards either coach (perhaps some against our illustrious AD and Pres) but all good on the coaching front. I am now following both teams. I simply enjoy the style and product that Coach Mulkey puts on the floor, but as a former Lady Bear myself, I will always support Baylor Women's Basketball.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.