Breaking news: Anessah Morrow commited to LSU. They just snagged #1 and #2 players

7,545 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by ImwithBU
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
baylorbear33 said:

The change you saw in CKM is in direct correlation to the hiring of Rhoades in 2016 and Livingstone in 2017. Once they both settled in and started meddling in women's basketball, the conflict began and started her slow walk out the door.
Right. Baylor treated KM like the Queen of England the entire time she was in Waco, they gave her everything she wanted and then some. Once she didn't have spineless Ian to walk all over & had to act like she was supposed to, like a subordinate, she couldn't handle it and threw a hissy fit & took her ball and went home.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
juliejay84
I'll start by saying that I am 1000% behind Coach Nicki and what she's doing, and will stay that way. The deal here IMO is all about the "deal". Kim can coach and she can recruit, no question about that - but most schools are hard-pressed to compete with the NIL money at LSU (see attachment) that makes an LSU decision even easier. I'm a Baylor grad but I'm from Louisiana and just about everyone cheers for and supports ($$$) LSU. And their brand is popular (so back to the $$$ point). This will be something to behold , as someone earlier mentioned , a school like BU won't be in a position to drive that level of money towards their players. If you haven't followed the story of the gymnast first on the list (from LSU) Google it. And Angel Reese signed an NIL deal with Mercedes of BR yesterday…..
BearTiger
33 and Golf, Help me get this story straight what you are saying. When Rhoades was hired in 2016, Mulkey started the slow decline and started the process of walking out the door at Baylor because they butted heads. But Mulkey was still motivated and competitive enough during that decline of walking out the door that she continued to recruit and sign some of the best Baylor players, like Narissa Smith, Didi Richards, Lauren Cox, Landrum, Egbo, Ursin, etc. and work her butt off day and night to win the national championship in 2019. Then the added bonus of that NC--Rhoades received huge bonus $$$ when Mulkey brought that NC and national exposure to Baylor in 2019 that we are a powerhouse WBB school and 3X national champion. Some of us are trying to figure out when during 2016-2019 that she was on her way out the door. Real proof--there are 3 NC banners hanging proudly in the stadium. What we do know--Rhoades allowed a successful HOF coach with 21 straight winning seasons to walk out the door without fighting for her.
BUatbirth
You answered your own question BearTiger
kbrun
Anyone who has followed BU basketball for years should be able to see that the Mulk we had here before she left and the Mulk at LSU are not the same. Right or wrong the AD at LSU is leaving her alone and that's the way she wants it. She has a drive at LSU she didn't have these last few years at BU. She's driven by their environment with a heavy dose of "stick it to Baylor"
IowaBear
Didn't we win a Natty literally 2 years before she left?? Awfully impressive for a lady who had "no drive at BU" the last few years
baylor1984
kbrun said:

Anyone who has followed BU basketball for years should be able to see that the Mulk we had here before she left and the Mulk at LSU are not the same. Right or wrong the AD at LSU is leaving her alone and that's the way she wants it. She has a drive at LSU she didn't have these last few years at BU. She's driven by their environment with a heavy dose of "stick it to Baylor"
If not for a really bad call against UConn she would have been in the final 4 playing for a National Championship in her last year at BU. At that point she was the defending National Champion due to the Covid cancellation of the tournament. How in the world is that losing your fire? People like KM only run on hot/full blast as it's the only way they know how to operate. The day she loses the fight/passion will be the day she retires.
historian
That very bad call in the Elite 8 was against Baylor & favored UConn: even Gino's daughter agreed. The officials failed to call a penalty (actually 2-3 in one play) against UConn which could have dramatically changed the way the game ended.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
baylor1984
historian said:

That very bad call in the Elite 8 was against Baylor & favored UConn: even Gino's daughter agreed. The officials failed to call a penalty (actually 2-3 in one play) against UConn which could have dramatically changed the way the game ended.
I meant against Baylor in the Uconn game. Very poorly worded by me.
pluce
Yeah, she wants to "stick it to Baylor". She will hold a grudge for the rest of her life. She holds many other grudges against people, so a certain kind of bitterness will follow her wherever she goes.
Meanwhile, yes she is a terrific coach.
BUatbirth
I wouldn't say KM became "unmotivated". KM is a VERY competitive person…and that's probably a
understatement. Everything, and I mean everything, is a competition to her. That IS what drives her…IMO
I'd say she was loosing her enthusiasm, accelerated by the leadership changes at BU. Everyone has
their take on that..and is really not the point. She went home to LSU, new everything, free reign…a fresh start.
For lack of a better way to put it. Anyone who has gone to a new job knowS of the enthusiasm, energy and yes motivation to excel in the new position or job. Call it whatever you want…but it had wained for KM at BU and is renewed for her at LSU.
allybear
Don't think so because Baylor doesn't have the money LSU does to buy them!
allybear
Because LSU boosters are buying them for her!
IowaBear
Yeah Kim's coaching ability had NOTHING to do with her getting Morrow or HVL. Give me a ****ing break. Love her or hate her the lady wins. She's one of the best 3 to ever coach WBB! I know it's hard for some of you to believe but sometimes elite players want to play for proven winners and Mulkey is just that
BearTiger
IowaBear, you are one of only handful on this board that has common sense. I can't believe how much hate there is towards Mulkey, many of them wish she would just go way from WBB for good. But they will brag Baylor is WBB powerhouse and 3X national champion. I remember our Waco, TX family going to WBB games for years before Mulkey, and suffered losing seasons every year and was laughed at by other teams. One of the frequent comments our family received about Waco during that time was, "Oh, is that the town where the Davidian cult is located?"
BUAL
Coaches can be good or bad... but if they are not at my school, I do not care. I pop onto this board hoping to read optimism for next year and have to cut through the jilted old lady girlfriends crocodile tears. Kim is a tremendous coach. Not here. Chose to not to be here. I am not a spurned girlfriend so do not care. I root for my coach and feel she is getting the garbage Kim left behind (midterm) turned around. Let's go CNC!
graceontap
Excellent post.
Bearettes 1977
airforcebear
I guess y'all have never been in a marriage that was living hell. The person talked about here was coaching true student athletes at Baylor. Now the WNBA has a team in Baton Rouge that pays more than the other WNBA teams. NIL has caused the surfacing of win at any cost! Like UT , SMU, and A&M in the 70s and 80s, except now it is "legal".
ImwithBU
ScottS said:

If Mulkey was still at BU wound these 2 players be Lady Bears?

Nope. Fans too uptight here. Different atmosphere in the SEC. Can't explain it, you just have to live there
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.