Solid 2nd Round Exit Team

7,901 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by TechDawgMc
geewago
How long do you want to ignore this user?
franke said:

in CNCs head coaching history, there has been an emphasis on shooting threes. For people who have watched Baylor for a long time, we probably need to get used to not having a premier big like we have had in the past. That era is over.

The offense is more drive/drive and dish for 3s.
Which is exactly the kind of offense that most coaches in the conference used to try to beat Kim.

Speaking of AP. His glorified explanations of how much more exciting and productive the "New modern, high octane, WNBA style offense" would be has proven to be a huge bag of manure. He hasn't posted much on the free said of late, but here's a few choice snippets of some things he posted on the premium side a while back. Enjoy.

"From Collen on down, need to go take a good look in the mirror. Bad decisions. Bad execution. O-fer road trips are simply not acceptable."

"Our backup center is a disaster on the O end of the court."

"Don't play Vasconcelos all game, then throw her into crunch time. So confusing."

"Simply stupid basketball at this point. Losing shooters. Dribbling into traffic. Teams have us well scouted and we are not adapting."

"Bartley is a disaster. Checks in, ISU immediately attacks her 1 on 1. Easy bucket. Gets a board based on double team and has her shot easily blocked"

"Our ability to consistently lose shooters at the 3 point line (when they only have 3 of them) is unparalleled."

(Why AP didn't get the head coaching position is still a mystery to me.)

baylorbear33
Hahahahaha - thank you for this. I literally LOL'd. You should also pull some of his 'positive' quotes about the new system and team so that we can see the full bi-polar swing of comments from AP.
franke
And that's my point. A pro-style offense is more productive in the pros than it is in college. You can live and die by the three and win some games you shouldn't, people didn't beat us by bullying us, they just made a lot of threes usually, but the clear advantage among the majority of the elite teams is solid post play. Iowa and USC may be the two exceptions this year, and they have elite level individual guard play to overcome that.
franke
We are used to having elite bigs, and with the style we play, we probably won't see that again. Yeah, we need size, but we can't expect Lety and others to evolve into a Kalani Brown type dominant force in the paint. It's just not going to happen with the way the style is headed.
BearTiger
Franke, speaking of Kalani Brown, she was one of our favorite Bears of all time. We had the pleasure of meeting her 1X. She is sweet, gentle, and happy off the court. But a big, mean, semi-truck on the court.
BUatbirth
geewago said:

franke said:

in CNCs head coaching history, there has been an emphasis on shooting threes. For people who have watched Baylor for a long time, we probably need to get used to not having a premier big like we have had in the past. That era is over.

Which is exactly the kind of offense that most coaches in the conference used to try to beat Kim.

Speaking of AP. His glorified explanations of how much more exciting and productive the "New modern, high octane, WNBA style offense" would be has proven to be a huge bag of manure. He hasn't posted much on the free said of late, but here's a few choice snippets of some things he posted on the premium side a while back. Enjoy.

"From Collen on down, need to go take a good look in the mirror. Bad decisions. Bad execution. O-fer road trips are simply not acceptable."

"Don't play Vasconcelos all game, then throw her into crunch time. So confusing."

"Simply stupid basketball at this point. Losing shooters. Dribbling into traffic. Teams have us well scouted and we are not adapting."

"Bartley is a disaster. Checks in, ISU immediately attacks her 1 on 1. Easy bucket. Gets a board based on double team and has her shot easily blocked"

"Our ability to consistently lose shooters at the 3 point line (when they only have 3 of them) is unparalleled."

How do you have time for this? Lol
Easy Money
I've said that all year long ….. two or three dumb turnovers
Tell her to sit here beside me for 3-4minutes and think about ..
instead Nicki leaves em in and the rest is history
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Man. This thread certainly aged well. Haha. Not really.
drahthaar
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King said:

I laughed with you when I read your response but the OP is pretty accurate for the most part. Anything beyond this win is gravy and dependent upon the combination of some surprising play from posts/forwards as well as high percentage of made 3's. We don't seem to focus on midrange shots...maybe I missed that along the way. Nevertheless, the VT win was a great one against a formidable opponent at home, even missing their injured post.
Leonidas
drahthaar said:

I laughed with you when I read your response but the OP is pretty accurate for the most part. Anything beyond this win is gravy and dependent upon the combination of some surprising play from posts/forwards as well as high percentage of made 3's. We don't seem to focus on midrange shots...maybe I missed that along the way. Nevertheless, the VT win was a great one against a formidable opponent at home, even missing their injured post.
I do recall Buggs and Walker both hitting some mid-range shots, although admittedly not a lot. Sarah attempted at least a couple as well and hit at least one. Certainly not a focus though.
Chibears2
Didn't Walker hit some? Those little pull-ups that she was money on? Or were they too close to qualify as mid-range.
EvilTroyAndAbed
drahthaar said:

The OP is never accurate. He wants Drew fired because we missed the Sweet Sixteen again.
blackie
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

drahthaar said:

The OP is never accurate. He wants Drew fired because we missed the Sweet Sixteen again.
The guy is a Debbie Downer on everything. Of course he considers himself an expert. Have had him on ignore for months.
drahthaar
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

drahthaar said:

Well, broken clock and all that…
Adriacus Peratuun
geewago said:

franke said:

Because most individuals of average intelligence can understand the difference between design/strategy and [the then current level of] execution.

Clearly simple concepts evade your ability to comprehend.

Quote me on that item.

Brian Ethridge
Staff
Chibears2 said:

Didn't Walker hit some? Those little pull-ups that she was money on? Or were they too close to qualify as mid-range.

Those are mid-range to me. 10-12 feet. She hit 3-4 down the stretch.
Easy Money
6-10 foot open look from either side is most difficult shot in basketball to make
baylor1984
Jada's mid-range game was strong.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Just wanted to thank Blackie for his contribution on this thread
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
ZachTay
blackie said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

drahthaar said:

The guy is a Debbie Downer on everything. Of course he considers himself an expert. Have had him on ignore for months.
Dude is paid $5 Million per year to run a college basketball program that has won one (1) conference championship in his 20 years and made it past the RD32 only 3 times.

But, you keep paying more and more to attend Baylor athletic program games. That's your right, and your money I guess

Sic'em
IowaBear
If you're gonna ***** at least get your facts right…. He has 5 2nd weekend trips not 3. Oh and a national championship
TechDawgMc
ZachTay said:

blackie said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

drahthaar said:

Dude is paid $5 Million per year to run a college basketball program that has won one (1) conference championship in his 20 years and made it past the RD32 only 3 times.

But, you keep paying more and more to attend Baylor athletic program games. That's your right, and your money I guess

Sic'em
Anyone want to be this is X? He sounds a lot like him.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.