Selection Show thread

4,438 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by franke
Brusinbear2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yeah if we can get back that team from November back we can make an Elite 8
BearTiger
We got lucky in the selection. We have pretty good chance beyond first 2 games. SC will have the easiest path (of course, the media loves the "Queen" coach). The most difficult path will be Iowa/LSU/UCLA bracket. What the heck was the Selection Committee thinking of by putting those Top 3 teams together in the same bracket? Glad we were not selected in that murderous bracket. That one will be the most exciting to watch.
bawitdaball
BearTiger said:

We got lucky in the selection. We have pretty good chance beyond first 2 games. SC will have the easiest path (of course, the media loves the "Queen" coach). The most difficult path will be Iowa/LSU/UCLA bracket. What the heck was the Selection Committee thinking of by putting those Top 3 teams together in the same bracket? Glad we were not selected in that murderous bracket. That one will be the most exciting to watch.

So many rules to ensure conference foes don't play until
Later in the tournament. With so many PAC12 and SEC teams the committee didn't have a lot of options outside of making LSU a 4 or UCLA a 2. With LSU's short bench they will have their hands full of can get past UCLA. I have UCLA winning that regional.
BUVA
franke said:

VT has size. Even without Kitley it could cause us some issues. Don't look past Vandy either, they started off the year strong and have potential with their defense.

Former Bear Jordyn Oliver plays for Vandy, one of their best players. She transferred after the loss to UConn in the tourney.
BearTiger
Disagree about LSU. Just like last year, they are peaking during NCAA Tournament. They are hungry and mad about #3 seed instead of #2 seed. I agree they should have been #2 seed. They are ranked #8/#6 but somehow got #3 seed. LSU announced everyone is 100% healthy. Poa announced she is already practicing with the team. I have read different websites no one wants to play LSU in the tounament (including UCLA and Iowa). I'm glad Baylor is not in the same bracket as LSU.
Brusinbear2001
i know one team that won't be scared and that is Louisville. That game is going to be a dog fight for sure. I do not think they can skip over a game like that or a game like UCLA. Every bracket you have to get though some tough battles to get to the final 4. Everyone besides SC but they deserve that Luxury. The only team i could see giving them any issues is Oregon State. ND is too banged up.
IowaBear
Louisville sucks. That won't be a game. UCLA will be a battle. And CO will take out both KSU and IA. At least that's what my uneducated bracket says
Task Force 2015
Van Lith playing against Louisville is an interesting sidebar to LSU v. Louisville.
IowaBear
MT could beat Louisville. They're one of the better mid majors
Task Force 2015
MT winning?Wouldn't that be a fine kettle of fish?
IowaBear
Anyone else have Utah knocking out Texas in S16?
Brusinbear2001
But just like when we had Griner and lost because we were too good, the game got real physical and we ended up getting sent home. I expect a similar situation when Louisville goes to LSU.
whitetrash
Brusinbear2001 said:

But just like when we had Griner and lost because we were too good, the game got real physical and we ended up getting sent home. I expect a similar situation when Louisville goes to LSU.
FWIW, the last time Louisville faced a KM-coached team in the NCAAs, the final was 97-63
blackie
BearTiger said:

Disagree about LSU. Just like last year, they are peaking during NCAA Tournament. They are hungry and mad about #3 seed instead of #2 seed. I agree they should have been #2 seed. They are ranked #8/#6 but somehow got #3 seed. LSU announced everyone is 100% healthy. Poa announced she is already practicing with the team. I have read different websites no one wants to play LSU in the tounament (including UCLA and Iowa). I'm glad Baylor is not in the same bracket as LSU.
They were probably a 3 instead of a 2 for the same reason we were sometimes a 2 when we thought we should have been a 1. Reason......weak non-con schedule.
franke
Brusinbear2001 said:

Yeah Louisville is nowhere the team it has been. Plus, there's no shot that there will be any physical games for LSU in the tourney. After the SEC tourney refs will be all over it. Don't even know if Louisville will beat MTSU.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.