Final Four Picks

2,800 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by ScottS
Max Roguespierre
How long do you want to ignore this user?
South Carolina
UCLA
Texas
Ohio State

Final: South Carolina over UCLA
TechDawgMc
Max Roguespierre said:

South Carolina
UCLA
Texas
Ohio State

Final: South Carolina over UCLA
I'm inclined to question Texas, but that's not a very strong bracket they're in. So I ended up with them in the FF as well. I have USC instead of OSU though. So 3 of 4 the same. Sorry to inform you that you're bracket is doomed.
BU71
Max Roguespierre said:

South Caroli
UCLA
Texas
Ohio State

Final: South Carolina over UC
Last year I thought South Carolina was only beatable if they had an off night and the other team was red hot, With their improved 3 point shooting I'm making that same prediction.
LTBear19
I'll play.

South Carolina
Texas
Iowa
UCONN

Toughest Matchup/Potential Landmine for Each:

South Carolina: Oregon State
Texas: Stanford
Iowa: Kansas State
UCONN: USC
Brusinbear2001
I have
South Carolina
Tennessee
USC
UCLA
IowaBear
SC, Stanford, Ohio St, LSU is what I ended with. Some of notable upsets are Utah over Tx, VT over USC, CO over IA and Tenn over Nc St
franke
I'm with you IowaBear, Iowa is a worse team this last year, and I don't think they'll even make it for a potential LSU rematch. The way WV plays, wouldn't be shocked if their defense gave them fits in the second round.
IowaBear
That Princeton/WV game in the rd of 64 will be a gooooood one.
Had MTSU over Louisville as my big rd 1 upset.
Big Bear
South Carolina
Stanford
LSU
USC
baylorbear33
I believe this is the year for the 1 seeds to fall... I have the following:

Notre Dame (S Carolina had some close games towards the end of the regular season/conference tournament - Really hoping someone upsets them along the way.)

LSU (These ladies are hungry, carrying a chip on their shoulder, peaking at the right time, and well, I just can't count out CKM.)

Stanford (This is more hope on my part to not see Texas in the Final Four.)

UConn (This is just a feeling they just might power through even though they only have 8 players.)
ScottS
Ok I need to say something now. All year we've heard there is now parity in WBB. If there is parity wouldn't there be upsets in this tournament and the top seeds wouldn't all be in the final 4? I'm not saying there is parity like in the men's (where a 7 to 10 seed will make a S16 or FF), but if there really is parity like never before, couldn't a 4 to 6 seed make the FF?
blackie
ScottS said:

Ok I need to say something now. All year we've heard there is now parity in WBB. If there is parity wouldn't there be upsets in this tournament and the top seeds wouldn't all be in the final 4? I'm not saying there is parity like in the men's (where a 7 to 10 seed will make a S16 or FF), but if there really is parity like never before, couldn't a 4 to 6 seed make the FF?
Obviously the predictions made here have no guarantee to come anywhere close to being correct. Having said that I think the parity that is talked about so much is overall. There will likely always be teams each year that are head and shoulders above the rest, although they still can be prone to upset just like in any other sport. I think the parity part is that from year to year or a couple of years those teams at the top will be different. Just look at the AP poll from the current year compared to ones of past years. And certainly within a conference teams are far less likely to run away from everyone else.

Bottom line for a given year there may not be that many upsets on the 1-3 lines, but the teams filling those lines are becoming more and more different each year.
Eball
This year is really difficult other than South Carolina. Just like last year they are the best team and should win it...but as we saw last year upsets happen. I do not believe they as good as last year so not shocked if they get upset.

I don't think Texas is that good...I just can't see them getting too final four. Vic is a much better coach than I like to give him credit for though....Stanford is my pick though I am not a big believer in them either. NC State could easily win this one.

I do not see Iowa making it to final four...I am picking LSU but they could easily lose, and UCLA would be my next choice.

Not a big believer in USC either I think Ohio State or UCONN takes that region...I think UCONN with all the adversity and everything else has a bit of a chip on their shoulder and can and will win that region. They have some serious talent in their starting 5...and like LSU this tournament favors teams that play a short rotation and a deep bench is not exactly a huge plus unless you have an injury or serious foul trouble.

blackie
Eball said:

This year is really difficult other than South Carolina. Just like last year they are the best team and should win it...but as we saw last year upsets happen. I do not believe they as good as last year so not shocked if they get upset.

I don't think Texas is that good...I just can't see them getting too final four. Vic is a much better coach than I like to give him credit for though....Stanford is my pick though I am not a big believer in them either. NC State could easily win this one.

I do not see Iowa making it to final four...I am picking LSU but they could easily lose, and UCLA would be my next choice.

Not a big believer in USC either I think Ohio State or UCONN takes that region...I think UCONN with all the adversity and everything else has a bit of a chip on their shoulder and can and will win that region. They have some serious talent in their starting 5...and like LSU this tournament favors teams that play a short rotation and a deep bench is not exactly a huge plus unless you have an injury or serious foul trouble.

........or get in a fight. :-)
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Sorry wrong thread.
baylor1984
South Carolina
UCLA
Stanford
Southern California
BearTiger
SC, Uconn, LSU, Stanford
TechDawgMc
ScottS said:

I think the parity has a lot to do with the fact that most of the top teams have definite warts. The quick trigger players are having with the transfer portal is making it very hard to build a team that will have depth from top to bottom. So even though LSU is talented, they've had trouble when they had missing pieces. Clark is great at Iowa, but she has very little talent around her. UConn has been injury riddled. And so on. Parity in the men's game often comes from unexpected talent in the lower seeds (or possibly a team that has just stayed together for four years playing against a team like Kentucky). I think what we've seen in the women's game this year is a bit more the other side--weaknesses at the top. Though the combination of transfer portal and NIL may accelerate the move to parity. Also, it seems like this generation of women have a different attitude about playing time. UConn used to have McDonald's AAs camped on the end of the bench for 2-3 years. Now that type player seems to move on somewhere she can play.
SirBearALot
I picked NC State to win it all. A Wolfish pick. Yall can thank me later !
WacoKelly83
Down goes Walz and his Louisville Cards to MTSU with Nina Davis on staff.
Brusinbear2001
Middle Tennessee looked real steady even when they were down. It's easy the way Louisville plays aggressive defense to throw the towel at that point but it is March and all things are possible.
Leonidas
ScottS said:

You really limit the opportunity for upsets with the top 16 teams host their first two games at home.

Kentucky wins their game by 15 or more last night if they are playing in Lexington. You just don't have those opportunities as often on the women's side since the lower seeds are playing a true road game.
LTBear19
Well, looks like SirBearALot is the only one on here who had NC State going to the Final 4.

Congratulations are in order!

Stanford busted a lot of brackets, as I see many on here had the Cardinal in the Final Four.

South Carolina handled business as expected, although both Indiana and Oregon State played respectable games against them.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this makes Staley just the 5th coach to make it to 4 consecutive Final Fours.

The other four I'm tracking are as follows:

Geno Auriemma (14 straight: 2008 - 2022; 5 Straight: 2000 - 2004)
Pat Summitt (4 Straight (3x): 1986 - 1989; 1995 - 1998; 2002 - 2005)
Tara Vanderveer (5 Straight: 2008 - 2012)
Muffet McGraw (5 Straight: 2011 - 2015)

Pokey Chatman is a bit complicated.

Pokey Chatman (4 Straight: 2004 - 2007)*

* Pokey Chatman - served as interim coach during the midway point of the 2004 season for Sue Gunter, but Gunter is technically credited for the Team's success that year. Also, upon further research, Chatman resigned before the 2007 Tournament, but is credited for the Team's success that year, as Gunter had been in 2004. So I guess Chatman doesn't really make the list officially, as there were only 3 consecutive appearances, depending on whether you give her 2004 or 2007.
whitetrash
LadyCows go pffffffft.
BUVA
Horns down to NCState ...a team that was unranked at beginning, projected 8th in conference...defeated #2 and #1 seeds. Kudos to the Wolf Pack! Horns are gone!
SirBearALot
IN my final 4 bracket, I have NC St. over So. Carolina

and Uconn Over Iowa

NC St. champs over UConn for NC.

I rank with 151,000 others , wow !!
TechDawgMc
LTBear19 said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this makes Staley just the 5th coach to make it to 4 consecutive Final Fours.

The other four I'm tracking are as follows:

Geno Auriemma (14 straight: 2008 - 2022; 5 Straight: 2000 - 2004)
Pat Summitt (4 Straight (3x): 1986 - 1989; 1995 - 1998; 2002 - 2005)
Tara Vanderveer (5 Straight: 2008 - 2012)
Muffet McGraw (5 Straight: 2011 - 2015)

This would be limiting to NCAA only. La Tech made the Final Four six years in a row, three in the AIAW and three in the NCAA. That would technically be credited to Hogg, though Barmore was doing the actual coaching.
ScottS
I'll pick NC State, Iowa, UConn, and SC.
tmcats
ScottS said:

sc got beat by uconn. lol.

wonder if paige will guard caitlin and vice versa?
ScottS
tmcats said:

ScottS said:

sc got beat by uconn. lol.

wonder if paige will guard caitlin and vice versa?

South Carolina not USC
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.