Who would you rather play?? Vandy or Columbia

1,508 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Brusinbear2001
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does one of these teams give us a matchup problem va the other? Who do you want to play on Friday?
Space53
Vandy. Columbia can shoot and play like last years Iowa State team.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
I will say Columbia shoots a lot of 3s, but they don't have size like 6 ft 2 inches or taller. Vanderbilt has more size. Vanderbilt is a better defensive team too. Tough call on this game because of the line on the game.
Task Force 2015
Anyone want to break the tie?
12au
Obviously we could lose to both, but I'm more afraid of Columbia. Vandy is not a great offensive team so we might be able to keep it a low scoring game--which has been our formula for wins in the 2nd half of the year.

Might change my mind as I watch the game tonight though.
IowaBear
Columbia, Vandy can defend us much much better than Columbia can. They have the athletes to give us fits and Shea Ralph is a heck of a coach
BearkatBear
11 for Vanderbilt is Jordan Oliver
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Tied at 13 end of 1st quarter.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Vanderbilt 36-26 at half.
BearkatBear
Vanderbilt is forcing turnovers, dominating the glass, and scoring at will in the paint. #35 Washington and #12 Pierre are good big girls for them.
Brusinbear2001
they are having Jordyn Oliver run the 4, if we bring a Madison Dre off the bench she cannot guard Dre. I don't even believe she could really guard Buggs down low. Their bigs are okay but they are not a Jackson, Crooks, Jones, Gusters type of big to be worried about in that way. We play with a ton more pace. We are bigger I feel than a Columbia team. We have good defense i mean even in that Iowa State game we didn't ply bad defensively we just have to make more shots that should be made.

When watching both of these teams I try to think of Matchups. Aijha is physical y'all. She is barely 6'0 and she has been battling down low.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Vanderbilt survives 72-68.
ScottS
How well do we match to Vandy. Are there areas where we might have issues vs them?
Jpbu152001
They have a 6-4 wing in Pissott that shoots over most people guarding her. Started at TN and after a year transferred to Vandy.
Brusinbear2001
Bella can guard her perfectly fine in my opinion. I think the only thing they were able to do last night was post up little guards. But we are far more athletic than Columbia so I do not see us having those issues.
Jpbu152001
Probably… although if we switch and someone else ends up on her they will be sorely undersized. She mostly shoots 3 and doesn't seem to blow by people. She isn't a huge game plan for them, but she is the only one I don't think we match up that well with unless Bella is on her. Otherwise they might be slightly taller than us on the guards but their best posts are 6-2ish. Vanderbilt is fun to watch again. As a Nashvillian the Stephanie White years were unwatchable. They have improved a ton. I think it will probably be a good game that we will need to play well in.
Brusinbear2001
But watching last night they did play on offense and Columbia did not have the best defense and i don't think we have the number 1 defense in the country but I believe it is more aggressive and better than what was shown last night.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.