Story Poster
Photo by Baylor Athletics
Baylor Women's Basketball

Caitlin Bickle Commits To Lady Bears

September 11, 2017

Lady Bear fans have had plenty to celebrate on the recruiting trail recently and Monday night is another reason to celebrate when Caitlin Bickle of Cave Creek, Arizona made the call to Coach Kim Mulkey. SicEm365 caught up with Bickle to find out what the deciding factor was for her to call Baylor home.

"What helped me make my decision was not only the amazing coaching staff and all the girls on the team, but I fell in love with the Baylor campus and that Baylor is such a family atmosphere. It's my second home."

On the court, the 6-1 standout can attack in so many ways. If you play off her, she'll bury the three. Try to lock her down and she'll use her handles to go by to the rim or dish to an open teammate. Bickle's versatility allows her to play the small forward and wing position and according to Bickle she could be used as either. "I think they will most likely use me as both. Considering I can shoot and also do different things inside of the key, it makes it so I can do both. I think it really depends on the line up they have in."

On film, one can see Bickle's ability to find open teammates when defenders collapse on her. Star players with unselfish habits are rare and Bickle works on this part of her game, despite it coming naturally. "Playing with the program I played with really raised my IQ for basketball, so I guess you could say it has been natural for me to be able to see the floor that well because of my coach and teammates."

SicEm365 will have more Lady Bear coverage as the season approaches.

Discussion from...

Caitlin Bickle Commits To Lady Bears

8,794 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bone Squad
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Hope y'all enjoy
Big Bear
Brian, #18 is Chavez, also from Arizona. #60 on ESPN. Combo, 5'10"
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Big Bear said:

Would be something to pull both.

After watching Bickle's video, I'm not sure why she isn't higher ranked.
Life is just a leap of faith. Spread your arms and hold your breath and always trust your cape.

AdoptABear: Josh Fleeks, RB, RsSR Cedar Hill
HoustonBear15
Big Bear said:

That is actually Taylor Chavez.
Pale Rider
Great, great news.
Bullydawg22
If you look closely in the Pics, the one where she is hugging Kim she is wearing #18 also. They always take pics in the jersey number of the year of class they are in
Pale Rider
That's so cool.
I love it when players hug their coach.
Bearprof
As I posted earlier, and Setshot posted something very similar, not sure where she fits in other than the 3. From what I see on film, I don't think she is quick enough to play/guard the 2. However, she is a superior passer with a solid outside shot. She'll be a "glue" member of this team - will eventually average 5-6 pts. per game, 3-4 assists, 3-4 rebounds, and will be a team player first and foremost. If she can continue to hone her outside shot, she could very much help this squad who has had issues with outside shooting in the past.

Welcome, Ms. Bickle!!
BaylorProud77
Pale Rider said:

That's so cool.
I love it when players hug their coach.
Me too! When their hugging Mulkey, their hugging us, The Baylor bears!
skillledup
Didi may have grown since she's gotten to Baylor. Didn't realize she was that close to Cox and she looks taller than Natalie. Oh well good luck to the girls and I'm surprised Chavez didn't commit also
Bone Squad
I looked at Bickle's Twitter, and I saw where she retweeted some photos of a guy you might recognize...

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.