Bears in Upcoming WNBA Season

11,594 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by BUVA
GarlandBear84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BUVA said:

I'm not sure she ever got off the bench. Fever needs to bring her back for defense.

Every time I looked at a box score she played a few minutes.
BU71
HoustonBear15 said:

Queen Egbo was waived by the Connecticut Sun today

I hope she is picked up by another WNBA team or finds a spot overseas. Her athleticisim, defense and offensive potential should interest another pro team.
HoustonBear15
BUVA said:

I'm not sure she ever got off the bench. Fever needs to bring her back for defense.
It was very interesting because the Sun traded for her during training camp meaning they had faith in her to fulfill the gaps they had identified. But then she only saw the court for a handful of minutes throughout the season.
BU71
bawitdaball said:

Yea, can't count Carrington and Scott-Grayson.
I think Carrington counts, she finished her career here. Even thought Honesty was here for the 2019 Championship season, her freshman year, her best years were at Arburn.
BUVA
Queen Egbo picked up by LA Sparks on rest-of-season hardship contract after Brinks ACL injury.
BU71
BUVA said:

Queen Egbo picked up by LA Sparks on rest-of-season hardship contract after Brinks ACL injury.
I hope she can add to her resume for overseas and next season.
bawitdaball
BU71 said:

bawitdaball said:

Yea, can't count Carrington and Scott-Grayson.
I think Carrington counts, she finished her career here. Even thought Honesty was here for the 2019 Championship season, her freshman year, her best years were at Arburn.
I meant you can't count both of them. You can either count Carrington because she finished her career here or Scott-Grayson because she started her career here. Can't have it both ways. i agree with you, Carrington is a Baylor product.
ctxbear
Odyssey is back...

https://instagr.am/p/C8pGFuOsL0N
BearTiger
Thanks CTX. Odyssey is one of our favorite players. She was part of the 40-0 national championship team. Love watching her play. She is a great representative of Baylor.
12au
Didi finally had extended playing time in a game yesterday. Played 27 minutes, mainly due to Samuelson's injury I think. She hadn't played >15 min in a game before that. She was playing crunch time, but got subbed out b/c Mystics couldn't score. Hope she can get consistent minutes going forward
HoustonBear15
Queen Egbo, who was signed to a hardship waiver just a week ago, was waived by the LA Sparks. Today is Queen's 24th birthday.
BUVA
The Fever should have never traded her. They got a player in return who contributed nothing to the team. Queen has done well overseas, I just wish she could settle in a W team.
HoustonBear15
The Aces just waived forward Jessika Carter. I wonder if they pick up Queen before the July 3 deadline.
12au
One weird trend w/ NaLyssa has been her free throw shooting. She was 80% in last two Baylor seasons, but has been far below that in the pros...

0.681 ----- 2018-19 Baylor
0.746 ----- 2019-20 Baylor
0.792 ----- 2020-21 Baylor
0.795 ----- 2021-22 Baylor
0.618 ----- 2022 Indiana
0.677 ----- 2023 Indiana
0.563 ----- 2024 Indiana
BU71
12au said:

One weird trend w/ NaLyssa has been her free throw shooting. She was 80% in last two Baylor seasons, but has been far below that in the pros...

0.681 ----- 2018-19 Baylor
0.746 ----- 2019-20 Baylor.
0.792 ----- 2020-21 Baylor
0.795 ----- 2021-22 Baylor
0.618 ----- 2022 Indiana
0.677 ----- 2023 Indiana
0.563 ----- 2024 Indiana
Go figure? It looks like she has bulked up maybe she hasn't gotten accustomed to her new musculature.
BUVA
I've been noticing that. The game prior to today, she missed five FTs in a row, which was surprising. She always has a high arc on her shot, just seems like throwing too hard.
BUVA
The Dallas Wings play the Indiana Fever tonight at 6:30 CT on ESPN. Four Bears-- NaLyssa, Odyssey, Kalani, and Kristy (though unlikely to play because of upcoming Olympics).
Task Force 2015
Wings win!Sims scores 24!
Dcheetah
BUVA
The ESPN commentators mentioned Odyssey, Kalani, and NaLyssa as Baylor, but did they say anything about Coach Collen? She was sitting behind one of the baskets and was on screen a lot. I didn't watch the whole game, so might have missed it.
BUVA
Dallas Wings released Odyssey Sims on Aug. 14. She had been doing well, so curious about this decision.
DFW Bill
The Wings had two players coming back from injured reserve, they both have guaranteed contracts. The Wings have zero cap space, they tried to trade a player for a draft choice to create cap space, no luck. There is a possibility in 10 days they may be able to maneuver her back on the roster. Her play for the Wings will help her get a nice contract guaranteed in the off season, she will be a free agent. She would prefer to stay with the Wings for several reasons.
BUVA
DFW Bill said:

The Wings had two players coming back from injured reserve, they both have guaranteed contracts. The Wings have zero cap space, they tried to trade a player for a draft choice to create cap space, no luck. There is a possibility in 10 days they may be able to maneuver her back on the roster. Her play for the Wings will help her get a nice contract guaranteed in the off season, she will be a free agent. She would prefer to stay with the Wings for several reasons.

She was signed to 7D contract with LA Sparks yesterday.
BUVA
Didi Richards waived by Washington Mystics today. Hoping another team picks her up.
HoustonBear15
BUVA said:

Didi Richards waived by Washington Mystics today. Hoping another team picks her up.
She's out for the season with injury. Having surgery to fix an achilles issue. She'll still be around with the Mystics since she was injured while on the roster.
BU71
HoustonBear15 said:

BUVA said:

She's out for the season with injury. Having surgery to fix an achilles issue. She'll still be around with the Mystics since she was injured while on the roster.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope she has a fast and complete recovery. Didi is one of my all time favorite players. I believe she will be successful in whatever she trie to do wheter it is in sports, business, modeling, I could even see her becoming an actor!
BUVA
Caitlin Bickle released today by Connecticut after two consecutive 7-day contracts. I sure wish someone would pick her up for the season!
12au
The Sun re-signed Bickle for the rest of the season!
BUVA
12au said:

The Sun re-signed Bickle for the rest of the season!

Great, saw that today.
BUVA
Odyssey has another 7 day contract with LA Sparks...#3
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
https://instagr.am/p/C_avAl3vSv9
BU71
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King said:

https://instagr.am/p/C_avAl3vSv9
I always believed that Queen has a great deal of potential. Let's hope she can provide enough defense, rebounding and scoring, down low to stay there long term.
BUVA
Queen signed to second 7 day contract on Sept. 9.
BUVA
BUVA said:

Odyssey has another 7 day contract with LA Sparks...#3

Odyssey signed to rest-of-season contract. They probably wish had gotten her sooner!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.