Bears in Upcoming WNBA Season

11,124 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by BU71
BUVA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Queen Egbo has been traded to Connecticut Sun from the Washington Mystics. She's reunited with Dijonai Carrington.
Brusinbear2001
Didi and Scott Grayson are on the Mystics roster still if not waived.
HoustonBear15
Bears currently on WNBA rosters:

Brittney Griner- Phoenix Sun
Kristy Wallace- Indiana Fever
Nalyssa Smith- Indiana Fever
Dijonai Carrington- Connecticut Sun
Queen Egbo- LA Sparks (waived)
Kalani Brown- Dallas Wings
Odyssey Sims- Dallas Wings
Khadijah Cave- Atlanta Dream (waived)
Didi Richards- Washington Mystics
*Honesty Scott-Grayson- Washington Mystics (waived)
MrGolfguy
Scott-Grayson counts for Auburn not Baylor, and you missed Brittney Griner - Phoenix
Odyssey Sims has retired I guess
bawitdaball
Yea, can't count Carrington and Scott-Grayson.
Brusinbear2001
carrington is definitely a bear she is never claimed by Stanford she is a Bead
MrGolfguy
Dijonai counts for Baylor no doubt
fredbear
Absolutely a bear
HoustonBear15
Oops, I thought BG was the first name I put, of course she can't be missed! Adding her now.

Carrington definitely counts in my eyes. She reps Baylor more than Stanford.

I put HSG simply becuase I like to follow any player that has contributed to our program, and I know there are some that do the same.
Bone Squad
I had no idea KK was in the WNBA.
BUVA
Bone Squad said:

Signed for training camp. Would love for her to get a spot on roster! She's been playing well overseas.
BUVA
Brusinbear2001 said:

Didi and Scott Grayson are on the Mystics roster still if not waived.

They both have training camp contracts. Didi played very well in Australia, hoping she gets a spot on final roster.
BUVA
MrGolfguy said:

Scott-Grayson counts for Auburn not Baylor, and you missed Brittney Griner - Phoenix

Odyssey plays for a league, I think AU. It helps players that don't play overseas in off season stay in shape. I'd heard she shows up in Waco at times. Would be great if she'd help with guards. Last couple of years, she's been picked up by teams on hardship contracts; rosters depleted by injury or player absences, she fills in short term.
bawitdaball
bawitdaball said:

Yea, can't count Carrington and Scott-Grayson.

I meant you can't count both of them. You either finish with Baylor and get counted. Or if you leave early they are counted by the school they finish with. I count Carrington. I don't count Scott-Grayson.
ctxbear
BUVA said:

MrGolfguy said:

Odyssey plays for a league, I think AU. It helps players that don't play overseas in off season stay in shape. I'd heard she shows up in Waco at times. Would be great if she'd help with guards. Last couple of years, she's been picked up by teams on hardship contracts; rosters depleted by injury or player absences, she fills in short term.
From what I see on social media, she seems content playing a fill in role and getting signed to short term contracts because of taking care of her son. It would be incredible to see her end up on CNC's staff some day. It seems like it'd be a perfect fit, with our system now being centered around developing WNBA style guards.
Bone Squad
Can we just agree that:

1) When it comes to the background shown on a WNBA roster, we can worry about technicalities such as where she graduated or where she played last; and

2) It's fine on this forum to cast a wider net to all players who played for any amount of time at Baylor, since many here would be interested in hearing about their careers from time to time?
Adriacus Peratuun
Bone Squad said:

Can we just agree that:

1) When it comes to the background shown on a WNBA roster, we can worry about technicalities such as where she graduated or where she played last; and

2) It's fine on this forum to cast a wider net to all players who played for any amount of time at Baylor, since many here would be interested in hearing about their careers from time to time?
Since some folks can't even agree that CSD is a great HC & knows what he is doing, the answer is likely No.

Some folks in this crowd would argue that Texas doesn't get hot in the Summer simply to be contrarian.
HoustonBear15
Though she may not be right on this thread, HSG was waived by the Mystics
HoustonBear15
Chibears2
Yea for Kristy! Always one of my favorites!
bawitdaball
ctxbear said:

BUVA said:

MrGolfguy said:

From what I see on social media, she seems content playing a fill in role and getting signed to short term contracts because of taking care of her son. It would be incredible to see her end up on CNC's staff some day. It seems like it'd be a perfect fit, with our system now being centered around developing WNBA style guards.
I feel she'd be a tremendous recruiter! She seems to be extremely well liked amongst the active WNBA players and media.
BUVA
BUVA said:

Bone Squad said:

Signed for training camp. Would love for her to get a spot on roster! She's been playing well overseas.

She was waived yesterday, darn it!
fredbear
The Sun list. D Carrington as Baylor player. Period.
HoustonBear15
3 Bears on the court at the same time in a WNBA game!

Smith and Wallace (Fever) facing off against Carrington (Sun). Carrington has gotten the assignment of guarding Clark and has kept her scoreless so far.
BUVA
Didi is on the final roster for the Washington Mystics. Welcome back to the W!
CNC
HoustonBear15 said:

3 Bears on the court at the same time in a WNBA game!

Smith and Wallace (Fever) facing off against Carrington (Sun). Carrington has gotten the assignment of guarding Clark and has kept her scoreless so far.
Might deserves its own thread

Quote:

DiJonai Carrington, a fourth-year guard out of Stanford and Baylor, drew the primary assignment on Clark and locked her down for most of the contest. Carrington held Clark to 2-of-10 shooting and forced eight turnovers when she was the primary defender.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/40148829/caitlin-clark-scores-20-10-debut-fever-fall-sun
Chibears2
Indiana REALLY struggled with turnovers and Clark was very frustrated. Dijonai had a great overall game.

Indiana is a young team and starting a rookie at point is hard, especially given the short training camp and compressed schedule. They will improve throughout the season, but should make a jump next season.

The Mystics vs Liberty game was a much more competitive, entertaining game. DiDi got on the floor for a bit at end of either the quarter or half, don't remember, and at one point, was guarding Ionescu. Flashback time!

They did a little shoutout welcome to Washington to Jared Butler and a quick sideline interview with him about being at Baylor where DiDi was, and he said she was a star on and off the court. Pretty cool moment seeing the two national champion Baylor BB players!
HoustonBear15

Dijonai having another great game. She's shining so far in her 4th season in the league!
BUVA
Fever playing Sun at 6pm CT on ESPN. NaLyssa & Kristy vs Dijonai & Queen.
BUVA
NaLyssa just hit 1000 points in her W career. She had double-double last night 23-10 vs Seattle. She's been 6th player for past few games, allegedly due to poor defensive play.
BU71
BUVA said:

NaLyssa just hit 1000 points in her W career. She had double-double last night 23-10 vs Seattle. She's been 6th player for past few games, allegedly due to poor defensive play.
It's only based on a few minutes but Nalyssa appears more focused on defense. Has she put on muscle?
BUVA
She has started last two games due to Temi F injury. She's done well, and is playing well today, 17 pts, 9 rebounds. Think sending Coach Sides a message ...don't sleep on 1.
GarlandBear84
I enjoyed watching the game today especially when NaLyssa, Kristy and Caitlin were on the court. It was the first game for Cordoso.
HoustonBear15
Queen Egbo was waived by the Connecticut Sun today

BUVA
I'm not sure she ever got off the bench. Fever needs to bring her back for defense.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.