Caitlyn Clark Overrated?

8,925 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by airforcebear
12au
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Fever exercised up her 4th yr option this spring, so she'll be with them next yr too
Meladee
12au said:

The Fever exercised up her 4th yr option this spring, so she'll be with them next yr too
Not necessarily. There is an expansion draft coming for the Bay Area team that starts playing next summer.
12au
Meladee said:

12au said:

Not necessarily. There is an expansion draft coming for the Bay Area team that starts playing next summer.
I guess a trade is always possible. I don't know how many players are protected, but currently she's 3rd/4th on the totem pole. So I think she'll be protected.

Other factors:
- Fever could potentially draft a player next yr they value more too
- Mitchell is also a free agent after this season. Though you'd think she'll re-sign
riflebear
Aliceinbubbleland
The very last thing on my list is WBB but if Caitlyn keeps getting shoved around I might start watching waiting for the ultimate hair pulling.
BBWCBear
I'm not a WNBA fan period. A league that is LOSING money and basically no one really cares about. One player is bringing attention, crowded venues, charter flights and catching flak and abuse from a "class" of playa's. Yeah, abuse the one relevant reason bringing attention to this game. She has the misfortune of being a white player.
blueeyedbear
BBWCBear said:

I'm not a WNBA fan period. A league that is LOSING money and basically no one really cares about. One player is bringing attention, crowded venues, charter flights and catching flak and abuse from a "class" of playa's. Yeah, abuse the one relevant reason bringing attention to this game. She has the misfortune of being a white player.
And straight
Task Force 2015
$$$$$ = jealousy.Her endorsement income is out of sight
LIB,MR BEARS
NSFW at all
He was right then and it's still right.
fredbear
Griner just now starting her season and is already able to keep up with A'ja. Both 10 of 17 covering each other. A'ja better at FT line where Griner was rusty. Epic battle according to ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/

Video highlights.
BUVA
Comments from Dijonai Carrington about Clark's social media silence on her use of name as a "weapon".

https://nypost.com/2024/06/14/sports/sun-star-rips-caitlin-clark-for-take-on-those-weaponizing-her-name/
Daveisabovereproach
I don't follow the WNBA, but people that get drafted number one overall in most sports are typically not going to great teams.
MrGolfguy
Kristy, N'Lyssa, and Caitlin had another win today over super villian Angel Reese & her team.
fredbear
Nalyssa big day to day!!
buildabear1
Why is she the bad guy.
MrGolfguy
She seems to have been cast in that role, whether she asked to be or not, and she appears to be content with it.
buildabear1
And why has a beautiful black 21 year old female been made as the bad guy. Come on I'm sure the rest of yall have plenty to say.
IowaBear
Reese's actions on and off the court are wants painting her as the bad guy. A role I might add she's clearly seeking out. The color of her skin has nothing to do with it.
However if we want to play the race card… the color of Clark's skin has everything to do with why 90% of the league dislikes her for no apparent reason.
LIB,MR BEARS
buildabear1 said:

And why has a beautiful black 21 year old female been made as the bad guy. Come on I'm sure the rest of yall have plenty to say.
in a league dominated by black women? What are the odds?
LIB,MR BEARS
IowaBear said:

Reese's actions on and off the court are wants painting her as the bad guy. A role I might add she's clearly seeking out. The color of her skin has nothing to do with it.
However if we want to play the race card… the color of Clark's skin has everything to do with why 90% of the league dislikes her for no apparent reason.
You are partially correct. The color green is involved and brings on quite a bit of jealousy as well.
MrGolfguy
buildabear1 said:

And why has a beautiful black 21 year old female been made as the bad guy.
Just look at her game yesterday vs Indiana. 1 hard, flagrant foul where she clocked CC in the side of the head. Reese said "I was going for the ball" but if true it was a terrible attempt as she missed the ball by 2 feet and hit CC on the side of the head. If she was really going for the ball she would've helped Clark up, thats what you see all the time with accidental contact plays; you see it in college ball, the NBA, & WNBA. Help the player back up and let them know it was accidental. Reese? No, she just stood there over Clark looking down at her as if to reinforce the message she just sent. Later in the game Reese gave a hard two handed shove in the back to Nalyssa that knocked her down. Reese certainly plays like the "bad guy" and defends herself in the media afterwards, so she seems to embrace the characterization.
LIB,MR BEARS
Reese made the comment in the press that she would take the "bad guy" role.
IowaBear
She has this unique ability to play the bad guy role. Yet she has no problem playing the victim over and over in the media.
Used to be a big fan on her. But she's got a ton of growing up to do
LIB,MR BEARS
LIB,MR BEARS
ctxbear
IowaBear said:

She has this unique ability to play the bad guy role. Yet she has no problem playing the victim over and over in the media.

Sounds a little like one of her former coaches.

Aliceinbubbleland
ctxbear said:

IowaBear said:

Buzz off!
ctxbear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

ctxbear said:

IowaBear said:

Buzz off!

Kim?
Aliceinbubbleland
No. Just a fan who appreciates winning coaches who made recruiting easy. We've only had two in our hundred year plus history.
Fre3dombear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

#meToo
MrGolfguy
Caitlin Clark vs Angel Reese round 3 about to start on ESPN (Go Kristy & Nalyssa)

Wonder what drama we'll see this time
airforcebear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

ctxbear said:

IowaBear said:

Buzz off!
He's correct.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.