Kristy Wallace is an Olympian

2,747 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
HoustonBear15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BU71
HoustonBear15 said:

After watching Kristy hop of the floor on one leg I'm thrilled to see how she has fought back and become a successful player again!
BUVA
Yes, it was heartbreaking, I was at that game. She's a fighter!
Polarbear
Love Kristy Wallace. So happy for her.
DFW Bill
I have said it before, one of the most popular players ever to play for Baylor. I know John, Geraldine, Milli, Brooke, Levi and all the other Wallace family members are happy and thrilled for her.

Sandy Brondello has been in charge of all the Australian National teams since 2017 and has known Kristy since before she first arrived at Baylor. Brondello told Kristy, 6 months ago, if she was "fit" by the time to participate in the Olympic's, she would be one of the 12 Australian Opals, a lifelong dream of hers.

Did you know who recruited Kristy? Coach Bill Brock, a man with a sharp eye for talent.

What a great representative of Baylor.
chorne68
She is on TV and YouTube all the time because of her teammate.
Vae Victis
I mean no disrespect at all but is she gay? I have no issues with it if she is, just curious.
DFW Bill
The answer is no and no. Also it's none of my business. Both are Christians.
BUVA
It was fun when her dad JWall was on the forum. The family made a trip to Texas and they got lots of travel tips from members.
blueeyedbear
BU71 said:

HoustonBear15 said:

After watching Kristy hop of the floor on one leg I'm thrilled to see how she has fought back and become a successful player again!
Yes, Part of my heart is still on the Ferrell Center floor after watching her hop off the floor
GarlandBear84
Why isn't the coach playing her at all lately?
12au
GarlandBear84 said:

Why isn't the coach playing her at all lately?
I wondered the same thing since she got a lot of run early in the season. Seems like Hull's getting her minutes now
MrGolfguy
Kristy's numbers are better than Hull across the board (points, rebounds, assists, steals, FG%) so I don't get it either. Maybe she was told to sit out by Aussie Olympic officials so she would be rested and not risk injury???
Chibears2
I would think this is the case. Olympics practically here. Can't recover from injury in time at this point.
blackie
Tonight on the nightly news with Lester Holt on NBC they showed a still of an Australian player guarding a US player with the ball. I didn't notice of know who the US player was, but the person guarding her was Kristy.
GarlandBear84
I watched much of the game and Kristy played more than in other games. She hit a bucket and took a charge. She was on the court with Griner some.
MrGolfguy
Happy for Kristy, hopeful that the Aussies can beat Belguim for the Bronze medal.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
News flash. Australia beats Belgium 85-81 to secure the bronze medal
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.