Kristy

17,050 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wuzzy bear
bowdedg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kristi went down. Prayers for her...
fredbear
Indeed
Chibears2
Prayers
Griz
It didn't look good.
gobears20
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
SportsScoop5
Type of movement injury that looks like an ACL
Thankful Bear
Heartbreaking
wuzzy bear
Might just be a hyperextension. Still probably would have to sit out entire big12 tourney though. Just need her back for NCAA tourney. No chance without her to make FF. I might be wrong, but she is everything in terms of being this teams QB. Feel really bad for her.
wuzzy bear
You can't put much pressure on a hyperextension either. So we don;t really know yet. Just pray. Philipians 4:13
wuzzy bear
Did look like same way RG3 went down in 2010 vs. UCONN though. Thing is Kristy plays so hard that she was going full speed when the knee buckled so that is not good. Don't think she can play just coasting. Not her style. Just praying she can come back.
Booray
She was really hobbled during the senior night half time festivities.
gobears20
Staff
ladybears4eva
She is crucial.

This is awful. Im so devastated.

I dont think we have a chance without her
1975bear
ladybears4eva said:

She is crucial.

Sure we have a chance. Not a good one, but a chance. That's all we can ask at this point. Chin up!
Heart
Love our Kristy! Praying lots
USSRonaldReagan
She and Sophia are my all time favorite players. She was playing well enough for a NC. These late season knee injuries have happened too many times. Prayers up.
robertr18
When would be the earliest time for any exam results?
gobears20
Staff
I would think later this week. Heck she can go in my place on Thursday. I have an MRI on my knee.
Dcheetah
Usually wait a few days for swelling to go down. I hate this for her.
WasheFuzzy
I can't imagine her making it back this season. This group of young guards will have to show what they can do.

I know that the two freshen were suspended for the game but Kalani had no business being on the court at the end of the game: She was laboring.
blackie
USSRonaldReagan said:

She and Sophia are my all time favorite players. She was playing well enough for a NC. These late season knee injuries have happened too many times. Prayers up.
My opinion (certainly no medical knowledge) is that it is similar to women's softball pitchers blowing out their arms. Girls growing up through high school are playing their sport year round. In the softball arena, weekend tournaments (frequent) may have a pitcher throwing 5 or more games in a weekend. I coached competitive softball for over 25 years. I've seen it time and time again. Basketball with AAU and such are similar with continuous games throughout the year.

For many players, it is not a case of if, but when. The almost year-round grind of game after game I think, while theoretically could cause the body to become stronger, may in effect just put more stress on joints and such that the body at some point just gives especially for those that might have a genetic tendency to such injuries.

There are too many of these things in both sports to at least suggest to me that the expanded "seasons" which seem to never end might play a good part in why we see this time after time.
MommaBear
My heart skipped a beat when I saw Kristy go down. I wish her nothing but great things and hope that she heals quickly.
blackie
ladybears4eva said:

She is crucial.

Or perhaps an opponent now has a chance without her. I'm with Kim's comments at halftime. You go to war with what you have. If KW isn't part of it we can't do anything about it, but fight. I can't see this team doing anything other than that. Sometimes the wounded animal is way more dangerous that perhaps a complacent one.

I just feel so bad for her. First you have the disappointment of not being able to play. Then, depending on the diagnosis you know what you will have to go through just to come back.
LIB,MR BEARS
blackie said:

ladybears4eva said:

She is crucial.

Or perhaps an opponent now has a chance without her. I'm with Kim's comments at halftime. You go to war with what you have. If KW isn't part of it we can't do anything about it, but fight. I can't see this team doing anything other than that. Sometimes the wounded animal is way more dangerous that perhaps a complacent one.

I just feel so bad for her. First you have the disappointment of not being able to play. Then, depending on the diagnosis you know what you will have to go through just to come back.
I like the attitude. But, I remember how the team floundered when we lost Jhazmin Player to a knee injury.

Let's wait on the medical eval first.
WasheFuzzy
Let's hear it for Juicy's performance. I think Juicy will be a starter the rest of her Baylor career. She is taking this opportunity to show her stuff. Great game by her.
CavalryRoadie
blackie said:

These freshmen have not shown fear (except for CKM). They have all shown they can bring it.

This is going to be an interesting post-season.
57Bear
MommaBear said:

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Kristy go down. I wish her nothing but great things and hope that she heals quickly.
For me it was when she grabbed her knee - in obvious pain.
willtalk
I for the life of me don't understand why someone couldn't come up with a protective sleeve players would wear on their knee's that would restrict movement beyond what their normal range of movement would allow. They have tinsel strength materials that are flexible that would allow protection with no restriction of movement. Unfortunately people in the medical profession are not creative inventors but usually just methodologists, who are generally locked into surgery as the fix all.

I sure hope there is minimal damage in respect to her knee though. She looked in a lot of pain, but pain isn't always an indicator so their is still hope.
TechDawgMc
blackie said:

USSRonaldReagan said:

My opinion (certainly no medical knowledge) is that it is similar to women's softball pitchers blowing out their arms. Girls growing up through high school are playing their sport year round. In the softball arena, weekend tournaments (frequent) may have a pitcher throwing 5 or more games in a weekend. I coached competitive softball for over 25 years. I've seen it time and time again. Basketball with AAU and such are similar with continuous games throughout the year.

For many players, it is not a case of if, but when. The almost year-round grind of game after game I think, while theoretically could cause the body to become stronger, may in effect just put more stress on joints and such that the body at some point just gives especially for those that might have a genetic tendency to such injuries.

There are too many of these things in both sports to at least suggest to me that the expanded "seasons" which seem to never end might play a good part in why we see this time after time.
While you may have a point (and I'm no fan of the year round play), the ACL problem has plagued women in basketball since long before the movement toward year round play. One of the things suggested about women bball players is that the different shape of a woman's hips may put more stress on the knee.
mlb60
willtalk said:

I for the life of me don't understand why someone couldn't come up with a protective sleeve players would wear on their knee's that would restrict movement beyond what their normal range of movement would allow. They have tinsel strength materials that are flexible that would allow protection with no restriction of movement. Unfortunately people in the medical profession are not creative inventors but usually just methodologists, who are generally locked into surgery as the fix all.

I sure hope there is minimal damage in respect to her knee though. She looked in a lot of pain, but pain isn't always an indicator so their is still hope.
Don't wish to derail, but I'm in the medical device business. Like most medical device companies, almost everything we sell was invented by a doctor (or a nurse) and refined by engineers. Doctors, and especially surgeons,mare some of the most prolific inventors you'll find. And no good surgeon wants to cut on somebody if there is a way to prevent that from happening.
And the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days.—Ray Wylie Hubbard
HoustonBear15
Lion82
I hope for the best with Kristi. But I know this, Whatever she ends up doing In her life she will be very successful.

She is too much of a competitor to even lay down on the court with what looks like a season ending injury.
Very inspiring.
Pale Rider
Heart said:

Love our Kristy! Praying lots

Absolutely. Started praying immediately.
WrestlingDad
Why was Kristi's knee not iced when she came back out?
bowdedg
willtalk said:

Unfortunately, Kristy never shows pain, so seeing it in this game makes me believe this is serious.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.