Kim Mulkey quotes on 2018-19 team

3,595 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by slimecap
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

About giving the team time to find its rhythm

"Last year, when you have someone like Kristy Wallace coaching them on the floor, you can just kind of roll the ball out there because you taught her what to do. Now we've got a young group and we've got to make sure that we're patient with them. We've got to make sure that we don't get frustrated with them because they are very talented. They have to play, and they have to contribute. Another good thing is the numbers. We have numbers this year with 12 players."

- Mulkey quote excerpted from 01 Nov 2018 Baylor Lariat article by Adam Gibson
DFW Bill
In the words of our fellow Lady Bears fan Pale Rider, " Amen Brother".

Nice work LMSS!
slimecap
DFW Bill said:

Nice work LMSS!
Hi DFW Bill, Thank you very much !
slimecap

Freshmen in photo
# 25 6-3 C Queen Egbo
# 1 6-2 F NaLyssa Smith

On figuring out a rotation

"I think it depends on the opponent. You know I needed to find somebody to play the point. I think Chloe [Jackson] is the first place I go. I think she's doing fine. You know you've got Cox and Kalani. Then you work around those three kids. You've got Juicy [Landrum] returning as an off guard. You've got DiDi [Richards] returning.

Then you've got to look at your freshmen. They're going to be up and down. I wish I could look into a little magic ball and see which one's going to play good tonight and that's the one that's going to get to play. You take them in and out. You look at scouting reports. That's what we have to do all year with six new faces. I can't just roll the ball out there. We've got to make sure we've got the right people on the floor against certain opponents."

- WBB website, 1 Nov 2018
slimecap

about Mulkey's plan to play Chloe Jackson at point guard when Morris was still on team

"She knew then that I wanted her to play the point guard. I think her best chance to play pro ball isn't necessarily at the off guard. I think it's with the ball in her hands. She's an all-SEC performer. She scored 18 points a game. I don't want to take that away from her. At the point guard, you have to think the game and it never goes away. It's something that I've got to every day keep hounding her and never let up because if she can catch on quickly and can handle it, we can be a better basketball team.

Chloe is so involved with learning in practice that some things she did in the game the other night instinctively let me know we're going to be OK. She pushes the ball up the floor. She can penetrate and get her teammates easier shots."

- Mulkey quote excerpted from 05 Nov 2018 Waco Tribune-Herald article by Krista Pirtle
slimecap

"We want to run every chance we can. We have athletes. When you get a rebound, I'll let a post player take it and go if you see the opportunity. I love pushing the ball up the floor. Nobody wants to play if you walk it up the floor the whole night.

We had a lot of transition baskets. When our posts get it, if you'll watch, they'll turn. (Lauren) Cox turns and throws a pass like old Bill Walton used to do. Y'all know who he is? Just making sure I'm not aging y'all."

- Mulkey quote excerpted from 08 Nov 2018 Waco Tribune-Herald article by Krista Pirtle
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.