Story Poster
Photo by Todd Nickle
Baylor Women's Basketball

Lady Bears (21-1, 11-0) at Kansas State (15-9, 6-6) Preview and Game Thread

February 13, 2019

The Baylor Lady Bears travel to Manhattan, Kansas to take on Kansas State Wednesday, February 13 at 7 p.m. This will be the second meeting between the teams during conference play. In the previous meeting, Baylor defeated Kansas State 65-50 in a sloppy and physical contest.

How To Watch:

ESPN3

ESPN+ App

Keys To The Game:

Hit outside shots early

Keep the bigs motivated

Use The Superior Athleticism

Run KSU off the 3pt line

TEAM POINTS REBOUNDS ASSISTS STEALS BLOCKS
BAYLOR 82.1 46.8 23.5 7.8 6.9
KANSAS STATE 63.2 35.0 12.9 7.5 4.6

Fun Facts:

The Lady Bears lead the all-time series 34-8

The Lady Bears are 32-4 in the Kim Mulkey era vs. KSU

The Lady Bears are 10-4 in Manhattan vs. KSU all-time

Discussion from...

Lady Bears (21-1, 11-0) at Kansas State (15-9, 6-6) Preview and Game Thread

19,124 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
LadyBears42
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It wasn't a rushed shot, it was a shot that had to go up before the shot clock struck 0. If you don't shoot the ball before the clock strikes 0, its a turnover. Smh...AND she was fouled and got no call. She knew what she was doing! Next!!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
LadyBears42 said:

It wasn't a rushed shot, it was a shot that had to go up before the shot clock struck 0. If you don't shoot the ball before the clock strikes 0, its a turnover. Smh...AND she was fouled and got no call. She knew what she was doing! Next!!
Soooo... you're using the exact definition of a rushed shot. Thanks.
LadyBears42
In your head I am. Like I said, she shot the ball and got fouled with no call. The shot was not rushed, It was necessary. Rushing a shot is when you have a ton of time left on the clock to set something up but you just throw up anything. That's a rushed shot. Next!!!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
LadyBears42 said:

In your head I am. Like I said, she shot the ball and got fouled with no call. The shot was not rushed, It was necessary. Rushing a shot is when you have a ton of time left on the clock to set something up but you just throw up anything. That's a rushed shot. Next!!!
She rushed the shot Yoda.

I get it, you're here to defend some slight, but if you want to keep posting here I suggest you understand others know the game of basketball. It is common to rush a shot at the end of the shot clock. You saw a foul, I saw a rushed shot that missed the rim. It did have to go up and she rushed to get it up.

If you want to be rude, you can be rude, but you won't post here much longer.

GrizBear
Brian Ethridge said:

LadyBears42 said:

I get it, you're here to defend some slight, but if you want to keep posting here I suggest you understand others know the game of basketball. It is common to rush a shot at the end of the shot clock. You saw a foul, I saw a rushed shot that missed the rim. It did have to go up and she rushed to get it up.

This threat seems unnecessary. Is it against the rules to argue with the staff?
GrizBear
WacoKelly83 said:

These announcers are really bad. Cox didn't play in the Stanford game???
They confused this with last year's UCLA game.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
GrizBear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

LadyBears42 said:

This threat seems unnecessary. Is it against the rules to argue with the staff?

You can argue with us all you want, but there is more than this post.
mimi25408
Since I can't press the like button I give you a thumbs up !! Lol
slimecap
Link for video replay of entire game

WacoKelly83
Thank you Brian and Slimecap. You guys are great.
gobears20
Staff
Eball
LadyBears42 said:

I really don't think Brian was picking on HSG as much as pointing out what happened on the play...shot clock ran down and putting up a shot before time expired...not sure why you are quite so defensive? Relax not every comment is worthy of heated debate.
Scottdye
I watched the game and I always want the Freshmen to do well when they are in the game. I saw some good minutes played last night by everyone. HSG will be a SUPER PG with a little work from CKM. Aquira will be a sure shot for us next season, and what can we say about Queen and Nalyssa.... GREATNESS.

I see flashes of GOOD in Catlin, however she just needs more playing.

Trinity is one of my favorites as well. I was a big supporter last year and I am again this year. She just needs more playing time.

The most important thing here is WE WON, and CKM will take the small things that they did wrong last night and correct them. I will say this.....WE WILL BE IN THE FINAL 4 and I am looking so forward to that.

Glad to see Didi there last night. She played well, but you could definitely tell she was not herself and that is understandable. Still my favorite.

I came to this board to get insight on BU Basketball, and I appreciate all of you that give your thoughts. Sometimes we forget that this is basketball and not life or death. I am not criticizing anyone for their beliefs or stance, however we must remember there are people on this board that are related to the players.

This is BAYLOR NATION, so lets all be a family and enjoy.

Happy Valentines Day.
UBBY
Kalani Brown over the last 6 games is 35-37 from the free throw line.
BUVA
GrizBear said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Both Kalani and Lauren sat for most of the Stanford game; CKM pulled them both for poor performance. I did talk to a veteran fan at a game in Waco; they said it was mentioned at Tip Off luncheon that Lauren was "off" because she wasn't feeling well, but I never heard that anywhere else. Both KB and LC addressed it, CKM sat them both down in her office.
GrizBear
BUVA said:

GrizBear said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Both Kalani and Lauren sat for most of the Stanford game; CKM pulled them both for poor performance. I did talk to a veteran fan at a game in Waco; they said it was mentioned at Tip Off luncheon that Lauren was "off" because she wasn't feeling well, but I never heard that anywhere else. Both KB and LC addressed it, CKM sat them both down in her office.
Box score says Kalani played 30 minutes and Lauren played 15. I don't doubt Lauren was "off", but NaLyssa was "on" and played 24 minutes. Anyone can have a bad game. Stanford's Alanna Smith and Shannon Coffee had particularly good games against Baylor.

Amazing statistic: I just looked. Shannon Coffee was 3-4 on three pointers against Baylor. To date, she's 4-17 for the whole season, including the Baylor game.

Announcers said Lauren was out for the Stanford game because she's diabetic. That's why I think they confused it with the UCLA game.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
GrizBear said:

BUVA said:

GrizBear said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Box score says Kalani played 30 minutes and Lauren played 15. I don't doubt Lauren was "off", but NaLyssa was "on" and played 24 minutes. Anyone can have a bad game. Stanford's Alanna Smith and Shannon Coffee had particularly good games against Baylor.

Amazing statistic: I just looked. Shannon Coffee was 3-4 on three pointers against Baylor. To date, she's 4-17 for the whole season, including the Baylor game.

Announcers said Lauren was out for the Stanford game because she's diabetic. That's why I think they confused it with the UCLA game.
Baylor also brought in free agent Moon Ursin from the Longhorns to get some minutes last night...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.