KSU up on Texas late

4,181 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CavalryRoadie
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
63-58
1:14 left
DFW Bill
Kansas State by 9 with 23 seconds to go
gobears20
Staff
67-58
bearbone11
The Kitties will prevail! Our win on Wednesday will clinch at least a share of our 9th consecutive conference title.
R11
whitetrash
Up 9 with 25 sec left. Cows about to get swept by the mauve kitty cats.
BUVA
KSU shot 5 3s in 3Q to come back from cellar. Goth got her clock cleaned by team mate Jones, then roared back. We had stopped watching, then flipped back and WHOA!!! Hornettes sloppy on D last minutes.
Jack Bauer
Our magic number is down to 2.
DFW Bill
Very happy with Karen Aston coaching down the final minutes. Texas can't finish.

Texas down 10 with 8.3 to go. Thank you horns.
gobears20
Staff
KSU is going to sweep the series
gobears20
Staff
Must be trying to draw up a nine point shot with th TO
jdrs
Wow that was poor coaching (or defense) at the end of the game by Texas.
BUVA
I guess KA just blows by every coach.
BUVA
gobears20 said:

And then you foul with 6 seconds left?
Jack Bauer
gobears20 said:

Aston can never just let it end gracefully.
bearbone11
Kansas State won in Austin by more than we did. Now I'm embarrassed.
R11
RSBear
Aston can't coach. I don't understand her thinking. The players wasted valuable time each time down the court.
slimecap

GarlandBear84
I watched some of the first half and IIRC at one point KSU had made only 2-15 shots and UT was ahead 13-4. I was shocked when I saw the halftime score and KSU was ahead. Poor UT seems to always do less with more. We continue to own the B12.
ScottS
Doing less with more
ScottS
Doing less with more
WacoKelly83
Mind blowing. I think Aston should start Collier and Aborowa over White and Holmes the rest of the season. The starting Texas bigs have absolutely no chemistry or basketball iq.
slimecap
Jack Bauer said:

gobears20 said:

blackie
WacoKelly83 said:

Mind blowing. I think Aston should start Collier and Aborowa over White and Holmes the rest of the season. The starting Texas bigs have absolutely no chemistry or basketball iq.
They reflect that of their coach. The woman just looks clueless with that same dumb sad sack look every time the camera is on her. Worst case scenario for Baylor is that UT dumps her and brings in a real coach that knows what they are doing. Hope she gets a long extension.
setshot
This conference has some very fine coaches. I am not sure that Karen Aston is one of them, but I am not by nature willing to condemn where there is not much personal knowledge to draw upon. Injuries and transfers made this version of her team a lesser squad, and affected both the starters and the backups, but Danni Williams as a transfer from A&M made up for it in part. I am also less than impressed with her recruiting, given the advantages she has down there in Austin.

I used to think that Sherri Coale was a good coach, but that program has advantages, too, and a good history of women's basketball over the years as a foundation, but the commitment top down seems to be a bit weak and the talent level has dropped to an unacceptable level, and that is on the coach.

The rest of the conference programs seem to me to be very well staffed, and only the consistency that Mulkey has instituted at Baylor has kept the Lady Bears at the top. Give some of those coaches the advantages that Baylor now possesses and I think that several would excel. I would not trade Kim Mulkey for anyone at this point, not because I think that as a coach she is that superior to many of her peers, but because I think that she fits Baylor as few others would do.

I sat with my old freshman coach, Bill Menefee, a few years before his death, and watched a Lady Bear practice, something we had done a couple of times before when I visited Waco. We both commented on some things we were seeing, pro and con, and then Coach said to me, "We have a great coach down there." I hastened to agree with him. Menefee was never one to hand out gratuitous comments, to his players or to anyone else, so I considered that to be a commendation of the highest order, but one that Mulkey richly deserved.
BUletters
This UT women's team has been exposed, again. They have been sooo overrated all year. Will the "experts" ever learn?
Aston looked clueless as game slipped away.
Hairy Bear
UT started well, but Holmes, White and Oborowa were not effective, Collier provided some help, but output of their interior players was not enough to win this game. UT has been a puzzle for me all season long.
slimecap
Hairy Bear said:

Holmes, White and Oborowa were not effective,
Collier provided some help,
but output of their interior players was not enough to win this game.

hitmanmw
I watched the second half of this game. Looked like Texas was going to pull away, up 14 with 4:40 left in the 3rd. I watched a little golf and when I flipped back, KSU was up 2!. My DVR had buffered so I backed it up to watch the comeback. It was incredible and so great to see KSU close it out, especially after the humiliating stomping they took from us the other night. Always great to see the Lady Horns go down.

And by the way, Collier made that 3, but then the announcer commented that she is 25% on the season, so whatever. And IMO, Collier can't hold Queen's jock!! So to speak... Collier looks slow and can't get off the floor. Queen's athleticism and leaping ability is on a completely different level. Once Queen learns how to play a little more under control, she will be unstoppable. The freshmen are definitely making strides.

I was really hard on Chloe early in the year, but I must say I was totally wrong. She is so great on D and her passing has improved 100%. If she keeps knocking down that mid range jumper, we will be hard to handle. I love how she said in the press conference that she thought it was disrespectful that she isn't guarded closely. I love her having a chip on her shoulder playing with something to prove. Sic'em Chloe!!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
slimecap said:

Jack Bauer said:

gobears20 said:

via GIPHY

Banker Bear
...the cattle are lowing
Wineguy89
slimecap said:

Jack Bauer said:

gobears20 said:

Wal-Mart Mulkey clap, clap, clapclapcalp
Wal-Mart Mulkey.......
Richard Reese
(True) Freshman - Bellville, TX
152 carries/791 yards/5.2 YPC/12 touchdowns
11 receptions/80 yards
1 game clinching studly TD vs Kansas
ZERO fumbles

Brett “Big Ballz” Yormark- Commissioner Big 12-16 Conference
One badass new TV contract with more goodies to come
sevenmilebeachbob
What network was the UT-KSU game on?
Iron Claw
blackie said:

WacoKelly83 said:

They reflect that of their coach. The woman just looks clueless with that same dumb sad sack look every time the camera is on her. Worst case scenario for Baylor is that UT dumps her and brings in a real coach that knows what they are doing. Hope she gets a long extension.
They had a real coach before Aston named Gail and that didn't work out so well, either. Just goes to show that sometimes it's not about the name, it's about the fit. And sometimes things just don't align. Injuries, transfers, recruiting busts, etc., all play in.
FKA tri it
roadrunner
Fox. There are a number of replays this week on various Fox sports channels.
Wichitabear
There is just something about her that just irks me.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.