2021 6'3 G Jersey Wolfenbarger (AR)

12,217 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SirBearALot
BaylorBearWBBFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baylor Dad in Va.
This girl may still be growing. She went from 5-9 as a freshman to 6-1 as a sophomore, and now 6-3 as a junior. She hits shots from all over the floor, and is a very good 3 point shooter.
To top it off, her high school coach says that she is the hardest worker he has ever seen.

Sure sounds like a Kim Mulkey type player to me.

Here is a YouTube video from Jan 12, 2019
Hairy Bear
I love the story line on this player.
BaylorBearWBBFan
And she is currently on an unofficial to Texas
drahthaar
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

Why would a superb player choose to go play in Austin at this point in time with its recent history under Aston?

I have to admit being surprised at her teams' inconsistencies and a bit disappointed in the rumors emanating from Forty Acres. Not a sign of a stable Longhorn program IMO.
Heart
Thanks.
Wow, with her talent, size, and work ethic, I really hope Jersey wants to be a Lady Bear!!
BUbackerinET
I WANT!
AirBear
witchmo said:

BaylorBearWBBFan said:

Why would a superb player choose to go play in Austin at this point in time with its recent history under Aston?

I have to admit being surprised at her teams' inconsistencies and a bit disappointed in the rumors emanating from Forty Acres. Not a sign of a stable Longhorn program IMO.
Aston is from Arkansas but a different location. Aston went to Bryant High School--just south of Little Rock. This young lady is from Fort Smith.

Most Arkansas fans cannot stand UT--at least back in the day. Maybe that has died down as they do not play on a regular basis.

At the end of the day, unless there is some unknown attachment to UT, we should have a fair shot. If she wants to win Championships, we should be in the lead.

Plus something tells me Coach Messer from Waldo, AR will have something to say about this before it is all over.
Dcheetah
Hopefully she may visit while she is close by.
boatergal
We can be assured Sytia Messer is all over this recruitment...she is the BEST!! Sic'em Sytia!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dcheetah said:

Hopefully she may visit while she is close by.

I would believe she visited
Dcheetah
That's great news. Any idea how her visit went? Any other big name under the radar recruits visiting recently? Don't need names.
ScottS
Ranked #23 in the 2021 class by ESPN
BaylorBearWBBFan
Some photos from Jersey's unofficial visit to Waco:

She sure is long and wiry!
Bearprof
Very interesting highlights. Definitely a G. She can flat out create her own shot and has a very quick release. Although Mulkey doesn't use much zone but could you imagine Wolfenbarger at the top of the key? She'd also be a great press buster due to her length and her ability to handle the ball. Don't know how quick she is defensively against top flight talent, but with her length? She could be a handful if she's a willing defender. Once she penetrates the lane, it's over. I could definitely see her at PG.
Dcheetah
She was listed as a stockriser in the 2021 class by both the two rating analysts at Premier Basketball Report.
ScottS
Why would she even visit UT?
bawitdaball
I was going to say that I figured she was offered this weekend on her visit - likely is visiting UT because she is nearby. UT has the facilities - sadly their greatest underdevelopment will graduate next year in Holmes - I know she has been projected as a first rounder I wouldn't be shocked if she didn't go until 3rd.
GrizBear
Looks like Didi 2.0 to me.
BUbackerinET
Didi is a premier defender, not sure they are that much alike in that regard, but she has some skills that Didi doesn't, so they would be excellent together, though they do have similar size...
Dcheetah
I bet Holmes is a first based on potential because of how well Ariel Atkins and now Brooke McCarty have done.
Dcheetah
Agree in long slender build but Jersey appears to have a more advanced offensive game. Does anyone remember if Didi had a great defensive rep coming from HS or did she develop that here to get more court time? I am also excited to see her new shooting form and if that can make her more consistent and even give her range to the arc!
ABC BEAR
I am looking forward to the day when our fans yell WOLFY, WOLFY, WOLFY, WOLFY as she takes the court.
EasyE
ABC BEAR said:

I am looking forward to the day when our fans yell WOLFY, WOLFY, WOLFY, WOLFY as she takes the court.

I'm guessing they would be chanting Jersey in wolf costumes.
Dcheetah
Brandon Clay at Prospect Nation says she is every bit of 6 2, highly competitive, great outside shot - capable of leading a conference in 3pt shooting -2021
I hope she has real interest.
Dcheetah

with Jordyn Oliver this weekend
1st pic is with Jersey W.
2nd pic with Sasha Goforth going to Or. State
LOTRADER
It seems as if Baylor and Oregon State are recruiting many of the same names. Oregon State's approach is laser focused on a few individuals. HVL being one, and, have seen significant OSU interest in Jersey W. Jersey played with Oregon State's latest commit, Sasha GoForth. I find it interesting that both programs seem laser focused on the same kids.
Dcheetah
Jersey now up to #19 on 2021 ESPN rankings.
TXtoCO
Very few Texas players in the top 40 of the 2021 class.
Dcheetah
3 in the top 60. Tx ia very under-represented.

Rori H 20
Kyndall H 32
Jada M 36

all Tx players fell.
slimecap
LOTRADER said:

It seems as if Baylor and Oregon State are recruiting many of the same names.

slimecap

August 10, 2019

2021 RECRUITING
Jersey Wolfenbarger

Northside HS Little Rock AR
Note Northside HS mascot is Grizzlies; girls BB team is called the Lady Bears.

Sept 17, 2019

slimecap
Oct 13, 2019
Dcheetah
https://t.co/GyE3OnHEVc?amp=1

Really want her to be a Lady Bear!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dcheetah said:

https://t.co/GyE3OnHEVc?amp=1

Really want her to be a Lady Bear!

Lauren Cox trainer?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.