Ok, I'll say it. I think we are better than last year

7,080 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by historian
Jayman1963
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BUletters said:

Lady Bears are faster and more athletic this year. Baylor men are proving that size is not always the winning factor. And we have tape from how AZ St beat both Oregon and Or St!
Discount our SC loss without LC and Tea trying too hard. Yes, we could be better than last year by March.

The KU coach told CKM that he thought this year's team is better that last year's team.
DanaDane
OK ChapBear. On 11/17, I told you at THAT POINT, we were nowhere near as good as last year but may get there.

We're there. You can officially say it now.
LOTRADER
@SirBearALot....need I remind you that in previous years, other Baylor posters have felt OSU was over-rated, and then it was OSU that removed Baylor Bears from the NCAA Tournament. As I said in another post, if Baylor had to play in the PAC-12 Conference, you might have a different take on the teams in the PAC-12. And, I also stated that I believe Baylor and Oregon are the two best teams at this moment.
lookin4awin
This is a very different team from last year. We don't have the Kalani muscle, but Smith's mobility is a huge plus factor. Combining this with such an improvement with the three ball, there should be so much room for Cox to do her thang. Cooper and Cloe are also very different. Things I like better about Cooper's game and things I like better about Cloe's. I think Cooper fits better with this current team. Hard to really jump into we are better alreaday than last years national champ team, but this team can reach the same result doing it their way.
mimi25408
You have got to be the most annoying visitor on the site....Yes we know Pac 12 has a good conference, yes we know OSU beat baylor before. I understand you are a OSU fan but this is a Baylor website. That means majority is going to be pro BU. Every time a poster says something about a Pac 12 loss or team here you come throwing shade somehow. I honesty dont even know why you are here. I remember how bad you were talking about baylor on The boneyard page. Everytimes somebody mentions baylor being good here you come backdooring it with " they will choke, I will believe it when I see it ". You always down play Baylor so what is your point to be on a BU fan page. Yes some people don't like OSU or OR, that is their opinion as is yours on Baylor. But, I can bet you that you dont see a Baylor fan going on OSU fan page saying we are national champions. I noticed that you only come on here when you you think Baylor is going to lose. With your " I wonder how BU is going to play against UConn defense, or wonder how BU gonna do against Oregon they never seen a team like that, Cox cant hold Sabally". If you gonna be on here than be on here, why keep throwing stuff in our face like we dont know.

Also let me remind you that the Pac 12 has not always been good. The big 12 has slumped in the past 3 years. But BU has won that conference with and without losses so stop discrediting us. End of story!

By the way , hey guys!!! I know the agreement was for family to stay off this site but I missed yall !! And yes i witnessed "the juice box" NCAA record!! Thanks for the support !! IM OUT !! SEE YA IN MARCH !!! P.S. I'm not coming back on here to see this ignoramuses comment so defend my honor lol
Lone Star
mimi25408 said:

You have got to be the most annoying visitor on the site....Yes we know Pac 12 has a good conference, yes we know OSU beat baylor before. I understand you are a OSU fan but this is a Baylor website. That means majority is going to be pro BU. Every time a poster says something about a Pac 12 loss or team here you come throwing shade somehow. I honesty dont even know why you are here. I remember how bad you were talking about baylor on The boneyard page. Everytimes somebody mentions baylor being good here you come backdooring it with " they will choke, I will believe it when I see it ". You always down play Baylor so what is your point to be on a BU fan page. Yes some people don't like OSU or OR, that is their opinion as is yours on Baylor. But, I can bet you that you dont see a Baylor fan going on OSU fan page saying we are national champions. I noticed that you only come on here when you you think Baylor is going to lose. With your " I wonder how BU is going to play against UConn defense, or wonder how BU gonna do against Oregon they never seen a team like that, Cox cant hold Sabally". If you gonna be on here than be on here, why keep throwing stuff in our face like we dont know.

Also let me remind you that the Pac 12 has not always been good. The big 12 has slumped in the past 3 years. But BU has won that conference with and without losses so stop discrediting us. End of story!

By the way , hey guys!!! I know the agreement was for family to stay off this site but I missed yall !! And yes i witnessed "the juice box" NCAA record!! Thanks for the support !! IM OUT !! SEE YA IN MARCH !!! P.S. I'm not coming back on here to see this ignoramuses comment so defend my honor lol
Nicely done Mimi !

Let's compare, shall we.

Regular season conference champions: Baylor (10), OSU (3)

Conference Tournament chmpionships: Baylor (10), OSU (1)

National Championships (LOL): Baylor (3), OSWho (0)

Drop the mic there......
BearFan33
lookin4awin said:

This is a very different team from last year. We don't have the Kalani muscle, but Smith's mobility is a huge plus factor. Combining this with such an improvement with the three ball, there should be so much room for Cox to do her thang. Cooper and Cloe are also very different. Things I like better about Cooper's game and things I like better about Cloe's. I think Cooper fits better with this current team. Hard to really jump into we are better alreaday than last years national champ team, but this team can reach the same result doing it their way.
For me, the defense is great as always, but the primary difference is another significant 3 point threat (Cooper). Chloe was fantastic with her pull up jumper and cuts to the basket, but didn't have to be covered at the 3 point line. Both Juicy and Cooper have to be covered aggressively at the 3 point line or teams risk getting burned there. With enough ball movement, one of those 2 or something in the middle should open up.
DanaDane
mimi25408 said:

By the way , hey guys!!! I know the agreement was for family to stay off this site but I missed yall !!
Sorry, but I'm confused by your statement. I'm probably misreading this but are you saying that someone (the site owners or otherwise) asked you and other family members not to post here?
57Bear
I always read and appreciate mimi25408's posts.
LOTRADER
Whoa! I think I said Baylor and Oregon were the two best teams right now. I like the Baylor squad, always have, and, I particularly like Kim Mulkey. Did I break some rules challenging someone's views that Oregon and Oregon State are over-rated? Did I break some rules stating my view that the PAC-12 is the toughest conference in WCBB this year? Sorry if I popped the bubble your living under.
lookin4awin
I think everyone agrees that the Pac 12 is the toughest conference top to bottom. We figure we will see at least one of you in the Final Four just like last year...my guess is it will be Oregon.
Chibears2
I think the PAC 12 is where the Big 12 was when we won our first championship. The Big 12 had top notch programs, top level coaches and a strong tradition in WBB with Tech, UT, Kansas, K State and ISU and BU as the up and comer. We beat each other up.

The PAC 12 coasted for awhile and eschewed making a monetary commitment to its WBB programs outside of Stanford. USC had been stout, of course, with Cheryl Miller, but that success didn't continue on. Now, the conference has tried to elevate WBB, making investments in its coaches and upping its competition level.

Conversely, the the Big 12 saw several of its top coaches retire or be encouraged to move on, and the successors weren't able to maintain the program's previous level. I think we might be headed back up, with a new coach at Tech and TCU's ascension, but places like UT, KU, OU, OSU and, eventually ISU are going to have to make some coaching decisions st some point, and it will be interesting to see how they approach filling those vacancies.
historian
One could argue that the Big 12 is the toughest WBB conference for all teams not named Baylor. Currently, Baylor owns the conference: the record speaks for itself. But, in a way, it's also tough for Baylor because they have to stay sharp. One thing about CKM I really like is that she respects her opponents and coaches the player to do the same.

I understand why the Pac 12 would claim to be the toughest because they seem to have a lot of parity (like Big 12 MBB). I also note that before November 2019, the last few losses that Baylor experienced were to Pac 12 teams (UCLA, Oregon State, Stanford).
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.