WATCH OUT FOR TCU

10,747 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Lion82
Scout Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They are a good team. Playing them in their own barn Wednesday will not be easy. We need to avoid fouls. Their coach makes good adjustments in game.

This may be the first solid test in conference. DFWBill, Mrs. Bill and I are going. Anyone else in green and gold? Geewago are you going?
BaylorGrad&Dad
Mrs.BaylorGrad&Dad and I are going, and we're taking some friends. As usual, we're going to Mi Familia on Foch St. for some great Tex-Mex before the game.
geewago
Geezus Scout Bear I go all the way to Ames to watch these gals. Ft Worth is just like driving out to my back 40. Besides we need to finalize our contract on raising these fighting roosters. I could tell when we were talking at Lubys Saturday that you were really getting serious. Even Slimecap was getting excited, and DFWBill will always back you up. I've got the know how, and you've got the money. I can just feel it in my spirit that this is going to be a rich rewarding partnership.
CNC
I'm going with my dad.

I really like TCU's coach. I've met her once. She has done great things at TCU.

With that, we will blow them out. Maybe they play well for a half, but BU is just too much. (non-homer point of view, but I could still be on a high watching us dismantle #17 UWV the other day).
Chibears2
TCU IS good. VERY good. But I believe us to be the best individually conditioned and strongest team starters through end of bench of any team in Big 12 and maybe the nation. That allows our starters to bang and run and harass at full speed and then an excellent 2nd group to come in and continue that same approach at a high level. Hard to hang for a full 40 minutes for most teams, and especially those that rely on outside shooting or who are thin after starters. They just flat get worn out.
GarlandBear84
I'll be there with 1-3 friends. Before ScottS asks, there is no need to buy tickets in advance. They are mostly general admission, so just get there a bit early.
Johnny Bear
They might make it interesting but in the end I'm fully confident we'll win by double digits. Not that we can't have a bad game (especially on the road), but I think we're so at a minimum head and shoulders above anybody else in this conference that in the end it doesn't matter other than just making the margin of victory less than it would've otherwise been.
CHP Bear
Johnny Bear said:

They might make it interesting but in the end I'm fully confident we'll win by double digits. Not that we can't have a bad game (especially on the road), but I think we're so at a minimum head and shoulders above anybody else in this conference that in the end it doesn't matter other than just making the margin of victory less than it would've otherwise been.
Johnny Bear, you are and aficionado re: Baylor Women's Basketball.
CNC
In previous years, there will be more green/gold than purple.

General Admission seating. It won't sell out. Relatively small arena. There really isn't a bad seat.

bear67retired
I am assuming that the home team is responsible for any broadcast/streaming/stats and I find it interesting that TCU (and it looks like OSU later) either do not have the ability or the interest to do so.

DanaDane
Is this thread real? We will win by 20+ points.
Malbec
bear67retired said:

I am assuming that the home team is responsible for any broadcast/streaming/stats and I find it interesting that TCU (and it looks like OSU later) either do not have the ability or the interest to do so.

HornedFrogTV - WBB #2/#1 Baylor @ TCU
bear67retired
Thanks
Wineguy89
I may just pop on over......
gobears20
Staff
Think the last time we lost to TCU was 1990 back in the swc
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
Malbec
gobears20 said:

Yep, Pam Bowers led us to 4-23 that year, after we had been 3-23 the year before. Hard to believe Pam had enough dirt to buy 4 more years after those abominations.
longtimebear
Me and the Mrs. will be there.
beardoc
Malbec said:

gobears20 said:

Yep, Pam Bowers led us to 4-23 that year, after we had been 3-23 the year before. Hard to believe Pam had enough dirt to buy 4 more years after those abominations.
I am not sure the administration even realized we had a women's team then.
BUbackerinET
Nope, I agree with you - I honestly doubt anyone in this conference will beat them, in fact, I think we have a legitimate chance at a repeat. Just too many weapons, only chance for a loss would be total power failure - defense just too good.
slimecap
Scout Bear said:

They are a good team. Playing them in their own barn Wednesday will not be easy.
TCU is 4-1 to start Big 12 play for the first time ever.
drahthaar
beardoc said:

Malbec said:

gobears20 said:

I am not sure the administration even realized we had a women's team then.

What the admin didn't know about our collegiate athletics would fill volumes. It just wasn't that important to them. What folks like Bill Menefee, Teaff, Hart etc. accomplished was pretty impressive in the face of little support (comparatively speaking). New day fortunately brought new mindsets. And here we are!
Malbec
slimecap said:

Scout Bear said:

They are a good team. Playing them in their own barn Wednesday will not be easy.
They're about to be 4-2 in Big 12 play for the first time ever too.
Shakesbear
gobears20 said:

Never underestimate a slippery frog
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
lookin4awin
Malbec said:

slimecap said:

Scout Bear said:

They're about to be 4-2 in Big 12 play for the first time ever too.

Till one of the other conference teams proves me wrong...I just see another repeat from last year in conference play. TCU should make tourney...maybe in the top 25 by year end (maybe)....but its rare that teams of that calliber hang aound with us very long.
Bruiser85
Is this game on tv (ESPN +)?
maxwild
Go to the TCU athletic web site, i believe its on the Frog network
Malbec
Bruiser85 said:

Is this game on tv (ESPN +)?
Link is 15 posts above this one.
UBBY
Scout Bear said:

They are a good team. Playing them in their own barn Wednesday will not be easy. We need to avoid fouls. Their coach makes good adjustments in game.

This may be the first solid test in conference. DFWBill, Mrs. Bill and I are going. Anyone else in green and gold? Geewago are you going?
I said this before the year. They have a very good head coach. Agree that fouls will be big in this game. If they keep almost everyone out of foul trouble then it shoud be a 20 point win.
blackie
Malbec said:

bear67retired said:

HornedFrogTV - WBB #2/#1 Baylor @ TCU
Cost?
UBBY
Is hornedfrogtv the only way to watch it? Or is it just audio?
gone to Tickfaw
no watching the frogs vs the Lady Bears. No TV!
CavalryRoadie
fujobear said:

So, this won't work?

https://gofrogs.com/watch/?Live=298&type=Live
David Lasseter
It is really sad the Defending National Champs and also #2 in the nation Womens basketball Team does not have more games on TV. Man this East Coast Bias is something to behold. I bet we get UCONN playing whoever on National TV...

No wonder Women's College Basketball is not where it should be.
David
MrGolfguy
CavalryRoadie said:

fujobear said:

So, this won't work?

https://gofrogs.com/watch/?Live=298&type=Live

Yes it will work. People just need to relax; at 6:30 tonight click the link and watch the game. Its not difficult.

*Thanks to Malbec for posting the link
Mulder
On paper, the Defending National Champions win this game by 30 points.
However, TCU is playing well at home. This is their biggest challenge of the season.
The Horned Frogs won't lay down and roll over, they're loaded for Bear.

Tonight, is it possible this match up proves to be the proverbial Trap Game for Coach Mulkey and her charges?
We'll soon find out.
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.