WNBA 2020 Draft April 17

3,113 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by slimecap
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

"The WNBA Draft 2020 presented by State Farm will be held on April 17 as scheduled. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the WNBA will conduct a virtual draft without players, guests, and media. WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert will announce the draft picks live on ESPN2 and top prospects will take part remotely. The draft will also be available on the ESPN App.

"The WNBA Draft is a time to celebrate the exceptional athletes whose hard work and dreams are realized with their selections in the draft," said WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert. "Safeguarding the health and well-being of our prospects, players, employees, and everyone connected to our game as well as the general public is paramount. With that in mind, we will work diligently with our broadcast partner, ESPN, to create a memorable but virtual event that appropriately honors these accomplished athletes."

- wnba.com
slimecap
Baylor seniors Lauren Cox & Juicy Landrum
Graduate transfers Te'a Cooper & Erin DeGrate
74Bear
COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M guard Chennedy Carter says she will forego her final year of eligibility and declare for the WNBA draft.

Carter averaged 21.3 points this past season for the Aggies and scored 1,983 points in her three years at the school. The second-team All-American had a 37-point effort against Tennessee this season -- the most points scored by a Texas A&M player in an SEC game in program history.
slimecap
LAUREN COX

slimecap
TE'A COOPER

slimecap
2020 MOCK WNBA Draft
April 15, 2020 projection

03 Baylor Lauren Cox Indiana
08 Baylor Te'a Cooper Chicago
32 Baylor Juicy Landrum Chicago

Link for entire Draft Site projection
https://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2020/
slimecap
With the trade today of WNBA Dallas Wings player Tayler Hill
Dallas has reduced their 2020 WNBA available draft picks from 6 to the new count of 4 -
Still available for Dallas in 2020 are 2, 5, 7 & 21.

"The Dallas Wings have acquired 2021 first and second round draft picks from the Washington Mystics and New York Liberty, respectively. In the exchange, Dallas will send Tayler Hill and the No. 9 and 15 picks in the 2020 WNBA Draft to the New York Liberty."

- Dallas Wings website, 15 April 2020
Task Force 2015
I think I read that the draft starts at 7pm ET on Friday so 6 PM Central.Slimecap you are always a fountain of good information,please re- check the starting time and let us know.
slimecap
Task Force 2015 said:

I think I read that the draft starts at 7pm ET on Friday so 6 PM Central.Slimecap you are always a fountain of good information,please re- check the starting time and let us know.
Hi Task Force 2015, Thanks! I found the tweet where they announced the new time.

Task Force 2015
Excellent!I will be so mad at Dallas if they don't draft Cox second in the first round.Good grief she is a great player with a high IQ from the Dallas area and Baylor.She will be a terrific player who already has a following.
slimecap
slimecap
Former Texas High School players projected for the 2020 WNBA Draft

Player Position High School College

Brittany Brewer Center Abilene Wylie Texas Tech
Chennedy Carter Guard Mansfield Timberview Texas A&M
Lauren Cox Forward Flower Mound Baylor
Joyner Holmes Forward Cedar Hill Texas
Juicy Landrum Guard Waco La Vega Baylor
Erica Ogwumike Guard Cypress Woods Rice

- Callie Caplan, Dallas Morning News, 16 April 2020
slimecap
willtalk
Task Force 2015 said:

Excellent!I will be so mad at Dallas if they don't draft Cox second in the first round.Good grief she is a great player with a high IQ from the Dallas area and Baylor.She will be a terrific player who already has a following.
The examples you give are all excellent reasons for Dallas take her with the second pick. In most years Cox might have been the number one pick, but this year is different. The reasons you gave were examples why most people had Cox locked into the second pick for most of the season. However, Sabballys stock has risen dramatically in the last few months to the point where even Dallas probably can not afford to not take her. Geno gave a very good analytical breakdown on her for ESPN and they have it posted on the Boneyard. It explains why he thinks she has the highest ceiling in this year's draft and that includes Sabrina. It is a really good breakdown to watch because it gives insight into things to watch for in evaluating a player's assets even when they are not scoring. He emphasizes that many players know how to execute, but the key is knowing when. What players do when they do not have the ball -- movement to get them to the right spots when the play takes them out of position. It is a great lesson in basketball.
gone to Tickfaw
As long as Odyssey was at Dallas, I watched. After she left and they kept Skylar, I have never watched a Dallas game again. If Lauren was a Dallas player... can't even remember their mascot ... I'd watch again. Otherwise, I'll keep up with Indiana and Lauren, and continue to follow Odyssey, Kalani, Britteny, etc.

Wonder if that's what people do in WCBA WNBA?
ScottS
Question, as it seems Ionescu will be a top 5 pick.......it seems like to create space in college she pushed off alot. Will that work in the WNBA?
slimecap
Begins in 10 minutes
slimecap
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.