Lady Bears vs. OU 1/23/21 Game Thread

5,956 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BUatbirth
bawitdaball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I fully expect all three seniors to return. I'm more curious if Smith and Egbo will add another year. It applies to everyone and I think another off season with Mulkey and her staff will benefit every player. From what I've read Cox would have e returned if granted another year - that should tell you all you need to know about the development and value of the Baylor coaching my staff!!!
bawitdaball
Baylorkid said:

What's the point of having all the starters back in? I get that the subs weren't extending the lead but c'mon now!

Something to point out - in a typical season there are twice as many games and twice as much time for the core seven to eight rotation players to mesh and become cohesive. With the shortened season and unknowing number of games, teams are required to keep starters and core players in longer to ensure that they are cohesive enough for close games. You're going to see less bench clearing this year compared to past. Owens has an incredible shot, and is money most of the time. But she has had some turnovers that scream a lack of knowledge within the system. She was the last player to get eligibility. She was likely in the practice squad for much of the limited off season. She's growing and developing. I'd just hate to be Kim. Next year she is likely to have Didi, Moon, Carr, and Owens. Good problem. But a problem non the less
geoman
Thanks for posting that. I think I better understand why Mulkey has Richards at PG, for now anyway.
StatMan
Like GarlandBear84, I was at the Ferrell Center tonight. I was thoroughly impressed with how dominant the Lady Bears were in winning the 2nd Quarter scoring vs the Sooners, 25-5. Moon Ursin has clearly elevated (pun intended) her game in recent weeks, and the double-double which included rebounds was quite impressive. Nalyssa Smith looked more like the Preseason Big XII WBB Player of the Year tonight. DiDi Richards had more assists than Oklahoma did as a team tonight, 12-9. Overall, the Baylor Lady Bears were back to their winning ways at the Ferrell Center.
BUatbirth
bawitdaball said:

I fully expect all three seniors to return. I'm more curious if Smith and Egbo will add another year. It applies to everyone and I think another off season with Mulkey and her staff will benefit every player. From what I've read Cox would have e returned if granted another year - that should tell you all you need to know about the development and value of the Baylor coaching my staff!!!
Thanks, I thought the rule applied to everyone, even though it is usually spoken of in terms of the seniors. Wow, so many moving parts,..who's staying, who's going...scholarships and recruiting.
You are correct about Cox, according to CKM. She said it herself. In fact, she said that if given the chance, her seniors would have returned....all of them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.