Lady Bears vs. OU 1/23/21 Game Thread

5,972 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BUatbirth
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
45-23

Half
Baylorkid
That was a nice piece on trinity Oliver at half!
Wichitabear
Baylorkid said:

That was a nice piece on trinity Oliver at half!
She is talented. I really enjoyed it.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
DiDi with a little acting, but a high elbow allows it
Wichitabear
Proud of our freshman Gusters!!!
gold rewards
A question from one of the great unwashed. Do we pick up our dribble too quickly?
whitetrash
Since OU had the ball with a tie and 40 sec left in the first, it's been 43-11 us.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
I think some do.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Andrews looking better lately.

David Lasseter
Question concerning Owens... do you think she still learning system and that is why not playing much. Also dont understand lack of playing time for J Oliver..
Wbbfan29
Up 30 .. would be nice to owens get in
David Lasseter
She just came in game
Space53
Maybe we should let coach Mulkey make those decisions.
David Lasseter
True just asking does not hurt to inquire...guess we should just all shutup and be robots...wow dont think either me or others were questioning Mulkey...
Baylorkid
Does anyone know if Bickle will play or not tonight?
David Lasseter
Be careful you may be told that is Mulkeys decision and not to ask
BUatbirth
Baylorkid said:

Does anyone know if Bickle will play or not tonight?
Doesn't look like it. BTW...even Haller was curious about Jadens playing time
Baylorkid
What's the point of having all the starters back in? I get that the subs weren't extending the lead but c'mon now!
whitetrash
Stat boards aren't working in the FC. Is it right we are out-rebounding them 34-8?
Bearprof
This team needs to develop some chemistry, so I'm ok it's the starters playing given the lack of games and practice time over the last month.
Baylorkid
Bearprof said:

This team needs to develop some chemistry, so I'm ok it's the starters playing given the lack of games and practice time over the last month.

I get that but this has been the starting lineup for most of the season! Queen and smith are finally passing the ball and that's made all the difference in the world! They aren't forcing a lot anymore
GarlandBear84
whitetrash said:

Stat boards aren't working in the FC. Is it right we are out-rebounding them 34-8?

37-12 now.
slimecap

Trinity Oliver has 14 points
David Lasseter
So true sir about the passing maybe finally coming to fruition....what would be nice is to see either Owen's or Andrew's step up as point guard..love DIDI she just does not seem comfortable bringing ball up
whitetrash
T Oliver fouls out; Bickle in
BUbackerinET
Owens struggled tonight
BUbackerinET
Carrington still out, I suppose
BUbackerinET
But she had a really good night tonight
Wbbfan29
Its it me or... do we seem to play better when are bigs are actually passing the ball. Nice to see them playing team ball today. Making the extra passes and not forcing shots.
Baylorkid
Wbbfan29 said:

Its it me or... do we seem to play better when are bigs are actually passing the ball. Nice to see them playing team ball today. Making the extra passes and not forcing shots.

Yep! I've been preaching all season for smith and Egbo to pass the ball! I'm glad mulkey got them to pass the ball! Makes everything so much smoother
BUVA
DanaDane said:

Moon and her confidence are blossoming right before our very eyes. This is so cool to see.

I wonder if Moon is considering staying another year. She has mentioned that a good education is very important to her, and I think she has graduated. Perhaps stay to play and finish her masters?
BUatbirth
BUVA said:

DanaDane said:

Moon and her confidence are blossoming right before our very eyes. This is so cool to see.

I wonder if Moon is considering staying another year. She has mentioned that a good education is very important to her, and I think she has graduated. Perhaps stay to play and finish her masters?
Good question. Who, if anyone (seniors)will take that free year.
Question...Is this year not counting against anyone?...our juniors will still have 2 years of eligibility after this season, if they choose?
(Sorry, I don't mean to go down another rabbit hole on this thread)
slimecap
BUVA said:

DanaDane said:

Moon and her confidence are blossoming right before our very eyes.
Moon wants to be a pediatrician

Mulder
BUVA said:

DanaDane said:

That would be a great idea. Nothing against her talent, but at her size, she isn't going to play on the next level. She can leverage her education at Baylor and play other year of basketball.
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
BUatbirth
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.