Story Poster
Baylor Women's Basketball

Postgame Takeaways: Lady Bears Season Ends

March 29, 2021

To watch this video, you must be a SicEm365 Premium subscriber.
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial
Discussion from...

Postgame Takeaways: Lady Bears Season Ends

5,063 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Lone Star
lawdog1968
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Remember, this is NOT a foul?!?!?
Scottdye
We LOVE our Lady Bears
SSadler
Thanks, Brian. Bringing it all year long.
lookin4awin
What a bag of mixed feelings for Baylor basketball fans tonight. I am so happy for our men's' program and got a lump in my throat when it became clear we were headed to the Final Four. Yet, I feel so bad for our women's team and am just sick that their season ended the way that it did. This is sports...this is life...but gosh that last no-call is going to stay with me for a while.
txturtlegirl
Most accurate headline about the end of the game.

ladybears4eva
Horrible ending. I lost my voice too.
keysjaws
Brian Hall must have had a long blink to have missed the foul. I winced when I saw he was one of the refs .... from past experiences with him on a Baylor game. If he Is he the best referee that can be assigned then Women's basketball is in trouble!
Saddle Up!
The female ref in the picture above is staring right at the foul!
Media Bear
When Lebron James, Rebecca Lobo and even Geno Auriemma's daughter says that's a foul ...
Media Bear
In all seriousness, has a women's basketball team been jobbed more times in the NCAA tournament than the Baylor Lady Bears?

1. The Tennessee Screw Job.
2. The Louisville Scratchoff.
3. And now, The No Call.

Then again, can't get screwed in the NCAAs multiple times unless you're almost always in the running -- and having 3 NCs on the wall.
BUbackerinET
Regrettably, it is for multiple reasons, but one of the most compelling reasons it's being killed is political, and unequal officiating, especially when UConn is involved.
BUbackerinET
Especially Lobo, a UConn alum, who has no particular fondness for Baylor, although, I must say, she was very fair in this broadcast.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BUbackerinET said:

Especially Lobo, a UConn alum, who has no particular fondness for Baylor, although, I must say, she was very fair in this broadcast.
She's a professional, she's always been fair, IMO.
Lone Star
keysjaws said:

Brian Hall must have had a long blink to have missed the foul. I winced when I saw he was one of the refs .... from past experiences with him on a Baylor game. If he Is he the best referee that can be assigned then Women's basketball is in trouble!
Actually, he dropped his whistle on the floor and while looking to pick it up, totally missed the call.

Unfortunately the side referee was also looking at the play and had equal chance to make the call.
Lone Star
Media Bear said:

In all seriousness, has a women's basketball team been jobbed more times in the NCAA tournament than the Baylor Lady Bears?

1. The Tennessee Screw Job.
2. The Louisville Scratchoff.
3. And now, The No Call.

Then again, can't get screwed in the NCAAs multiple times unless you're almost always in the running -- and having 3 NCs on the wall.
You forgot about the Notre Dame "nick" when Moon got called for a foul on Ogibumke (sp?) with 30 seconds left in the 2019 NC game. Didn't see the contact there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.