Alexis Morris on the move... Again

20,305 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Old300Bear
Wbbfan29
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hope she finds what she is looking for. Praying for her.

geewago
She was QUICK. Aint that right Scoutbear.
BUatbirth
Such a talent. The team isn't what needs to change.
BUVA
How many times can she transfer?
Bone Squad
The young lady can ball beyond question. I have to think that anyone evaluating her in the transfer portal at this point would have to view her with extreme skepticism, though. I hope she lands somewhere that she will be surrounded by good influences.
WacoKelly83
She should go to LSU. Full circle
bawitdaball
BUVA said:

As many as you want to. Just have to keep sitting out a year.
DanaDane
She's just not that good. Never was. Probably the most overrated Lady Bear more than anyone in the past 25 years by a few of our fans.
Scout Bear
DanaDane said:

She's just not that good. Never was. Probably the most overrated Lady Bear more than anyone in the past 25 years by a few of our fans.
Never was that good? I believe remembering she was All-Big 12 tournament as a true freshman. Then all the antics and transfers started. It is hard for an athlete to develop and improve when they constantly change the scenery.

But as a freshman she was special at the point.
blackie
bawitdaball said:

BUVA said:

With her history, can she stay at a place for more than a year to be able to play the next (not a rules question, just a comment on her seeming instability).
TechDawgMc
blackie said:

bawitdaball said:

BUVA said:

With her history, can she stay at a place for more than a year to be able to play the next (not a rules question, just a comment on her seeming instability).
She's down to just one year of eligibility left anyway, I think. Unless it's two because of the COVID exception that I'm not fully getting.
Bone Squad
As I understand it, you have 5 years to use 4 years of eligibility normally (meaning you can redshirt one year). With the Covid exception, it is effectively 6 years to use 5 years of eligibility.

Year 1 - Baylor 2017-18

Year 2 - Rutgers (redshirt) 2018-19

Year 3 - Rutgers 2019-20

Year 4 - A&M 2020-21

So, as it stands, she has used 3 of her 5 years of eligibility, in 4 years. She has already transferred twice. Here is what I don't know. Does she get the benefit of the free one-time transfer rule since she did not technically have the rule available to her for the first two transfers (she sat out a year at Rutgers and was granted an exception which allowed her to play immediately at A&M)? This is nothing more than my speculation, but I would not think she'll get the benefit of the new transfer rule since it is not actually her first time and the NCAA already threw her a bone by granting one exception.

IF I'm right, then she'll sit out next year, leaving her at using 3 of her 5 years of eligibility in 5 years. Though she would then have 2 more years of eligibility left, she only would have one more (her 6th) year to use it. So she'll transfer, sit a year, then play one final year.

This represents my best understanding of the situation. Feel free to correct me you have better information.
bawitdaball
Bone Squad said:

As I understand it, you have 5 years to use 4 years of eligibility normally (meaning you can redshirt one year). With the Covid exception, it is effectively 6 years to use 5 years of eligibility.

Year 1 - Baylor 2017-18

Year 3 - Rutgers 2019-20

Year 4 - A&M 2020-21

So, as it stands, she has used 3 of her 5 years of eligibility, in 4 years. She has already transferred twice. Here is what I don't know. Does she get the benefit of the free one-time transfer rule since she did not technically have the rule available to her for the first two transfers (she sat out a year at Rutgers and was granted an exception which allowed her to play immediately at A&M)? This is nothing more than my speculation, but I would not think she'll get the benefit of the new transfer rule since it is not actually her first time and the NCAA already threw her a bone by granting one exception.

IF I'm right, then she'll sit out next year, leaving her at using 3 of her 5 years of eligibility in 5 years. Though she would then have 2 more years of eligibility left, she only would have one more (her 6th) year to use it. So she'll transfer, sit a year, then play one final year.

This represents my best understanding of the situation. Feel free to correct me you have better information.

I believe this is correct. Looking back, my answer was not helpful. I don't t know if she gets to use the one time transfer rule. Especially at this late in the process. I'm more curious to see what level program takes her - if any.
BU71
Scout Bear said:

DanaDane said:

Never was that good? I believe remembering she was All-Big 12 tournament as a true freshman. Then all the antics and transfers started. It is hard for an athlete to develop and improve when they constantly change the scenery.

But as a freshman she was special at the point.
I thought she had the potential to be so special. She was fast, quick and a good shooter who would most likely become a better shooter. With the right coaching, which she had here, and the right attitude, which she didn't have, she would have been a potential All-American. What if...
itsjuzme
bawitdaball said:

Bone Squad said:

Year 1 - Baylor 2017-18

Year 3 - Rutgers 2019-20

Year 4 - A&M 2020-21

I believe this is correct. Looking back, my answer was not helpful. I don't t know if she gets to use the one time transfer rule. Especially at this late in the process. I'm more curious to see what level program takes her - if any.

My understanding is that the one-time transfer rule cannot be used by players who have already transferred previously.
SSadler
She had probably the quickest drive step down the lane, eiher side, that Baylor fans have ever seen.
jumpinjoe
itsjuzme said:

bawitdaball said:

Bone Squad said:

Year 1 - Baylor 2017-18

Year 3 - Rutgers 2019-20

Year 4 - A&M 2020-21

My understanding is that the one-time transfer rule cannot be used by players who have already transferred previously.

If she got a degree in the previous four years in school, wouldn't she be able to go the graduate transfer route.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
CarmelBear
I agree. She had the ability to beat most anyone one-on-one. I paid attention to the A&M box scores the past year and her playing time was all over the place.
blueeyedbear
SSadler said:

She had probably the quickest drive step down the lane, eiher side, that Baylor fans have ever seen.
You got that right !!
Scout Bear
She was ...QUICK!
drahthaar
Bone Squad said:

The young lady can ball beyond question. I have to think that anyone evaluating her in the transfer portal at this point would have to view her with extreme skepticism, though. I hope she lands somewhere that she will be surrounded by good influences.

There are lots of schools, programs and coaches who can and will give her the "influences" she needs, but until she adopts some humility and submission to something and someone beyond herself, this paradigm will continue to no good end.
BUatbirth
drahthaar said:

Bone Squad said:

There are lots of schools, programs and coaches who can and will give her the "influences" she needs, but until she adopts some humility and submission to something and someone beyond herself, this paradigm will continue to no good end.
Yes. The bottom line.
NewBear
o-v-e-r-r-a-t-e-d
Bruin92
What a waste of talent.
Mulder
Alexis Morris biggest obstacle looks at her in the mirror every morning while brushing her teeth.
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
bawitdaball
I don't know if I've ever been more uninterested in where a player ends up.
greggor25
Why are we even still talking about her?
Task Force 2015
Sawing sawdust.
MrGolfguy
Mulder said:

Alexis Morris biggest obstacle looks at her in the mirror every morning while brushing her teeth.
This is truth. I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up at SMU this time.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
sicem45
Morris to LSU. Surprised Kim took her back after what she did the first time. But I guess when you have no talent you take what you can get.
MrGolfguy
sicem45 said:

Morris to LSU.
Where did you see this?
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
sicem45
MrGolfguy said:

sicem45 said:

Morris to LSU.
Where did you see this?
https://instagr.am/p/CS2odp3Btl7

She posted an IG live from LSU in their gym as well. Committed today.
IowaBear
Moon Ursin isn't talented? Man you really do get dumber with each post
sicem45
IowaBear said:

Moon Ursin isn't talented? Man you really do get dumber with each post
No, Moon is talented. The team Kim is inheriting isnt great outside of Pointer. Nikki was an atrocious recruiter at LSU.

While I have been vocal about Kim, I will say she did a solid job this offseason turning that roster around. Gusters, Moon, Bartlett and Morris is more 4/5 stars than the last coach signed in 5 years combined. I doubt Morris will be able to play right away. Not sure how she could be a grad transfer bouncing between 3 schools in 4 years. No way would all those credits transfer.
IowaBear
You said "when you have no talent you take what you can get" you're backtracking because you realized you sound like a moron. Which you do in every single post because you can't help but take shots at you know who. You also said she wouldn't be able to recruit but here we are 2 former 5 stars and two more 4 stars later and you surprise surprise still look like a moron for your ridiculous claims. Just take the L and go home
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.