Alexis Morris on the move... Again

20,444 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Old300Bear
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Scout Bear said:

as a freshman she was special at the point
2017-18 Alexis Morris
Freshman at Baylor

BIG 12
.. All-Freshman Team member
.. .836 free throw % 1st among Big 12 freshmen
.. 1.9 assist/turnover ratio 7th in all Big 12
.. 3.4 assists 10th in all Big 12

BAYLOR
.. .462 3-point field goal % 1st for all Baylor WBB for the season
.. 116 assists Tied Baylor freshman record
.. 16 double-figure scoring performances
.. Career-high 19 points vs #7 Texas in Big 12 Championship game
.. 34 of 35 games played with 8 starts
9.4 points 3.4 assists & 2.9 rebounds season averages

- Source Texas A&M WBB website
Dcheetah
BUatbirth
Good back and forth. I read several times that NC "has to win next year". What about KM having to win,,,she does have to win. At some point that is true regardless of school or coach,,,IF you plan to get top talent. I agree with the comments on a coaches offensive scheme. It does make a difference to recruits. Listen to DiDi's last interview with Sicem365. She spoke of the pro offense vs her BU style of O. How hard the transition was and that every college should run the pro style O. Gusters went with Kim mainly for the KM style offense. Good move for her. The KM offense won't change. Have to wait and see how it goes at LSU.
Also agree with the comments on CNCs connection with the players. She talks about a "player first" program. A coaches "style" isn't just Xs and Os. We have to wait and see the X and Os. The how she coaches and interacts is on full display. The players (and recruits) like what they see from NC and staff. I do too.
Dcheetah
Sorry meant to agree with Wbbfan. Not only
underclassmen but also new syatem.
BaylorBears_254
Wbbfan29 said:

She has to win next year??? Really.... She will literally has 5 returning underclassmen. Next year will be a rebuilding year for the Lady bears. Please dont put all that pressure on her like that. That's ridiculous.

Next year as in when the season starts obviously.

You damn right she better win with Smith, Egbo, and others.

Barring injuries, this team is a winning team.

As far as NEXT YEARS team go, it's going to come down to the transfer portal, and maybe a steal or two in the 2022 recruiting class to build the roster back up.

It'll most likely be her hardest year.

As far as pressure goes, she's under pressure in general just by coming in and replacing a legend.
BaylorBears_254
BUatbirth said:

Good back and forth. I read several times that NC "has to win next year". What about KM having to win,,,she does have to win. At some point that is true regardless of school or coach,,,IF you plan to get top talent. I agree with the comments on a coaches offensive scheme. It does make a difference to recruits. Listen to DiDi's last interview with Sicem365. She spoke of the pro offense vs her BU style of O. How hard the transition was and that every college should run the pro style O. Gusters went with Kim mainly for the KM style offense. Good move for her. The KM offense won't change. Have to wait and see how it goes at LSU.
Also agree with the comments on CNCs connection with the players. She talks about a "player first" program. A coaches "style" isn't just Xs and Os. We have to wait and see the X and Os. The how she coaches and interacts is on full display. The players (and recruits) like what they see from NC and staff. I do too.

I don't feel like its a win now for Kim at LSU because she wasn't left with much there, but she's already made them considerably better.

NC was left with way better players, and the fact that she retained the best ones speaks volumes, but now she has to win with them.

What better way to showcase yourself as the next best coach? Winning and getting further than Kim could with virtually the same roster
BaylorBears_254
I understand that NC is new, but she was left with a Top 3 WBB program, she has to continue the success, but it starts in Year 1
blueeyedbear
BaylorBears_254 said:

blueeyedbear said:

Dcheetah said:

At the time there was lots of talk out of Arkansas she was gone. Others for sure seemed they were coming.
I posted some time ago that Arkansas was poaching Dauda and I was basically called a liar.
Proof - If Mulkey was the reason why Dauda was coming to Baylor why within hours of Mulkey's announcement Dauda asked to be released from Baylor - to sign with Mulkey and LSU - NO to sign with Arkansas !!
WAKE UP PEOPLE

I mean that was the obvious? I never doubted she wasn't being contacted or poached, but she was for sure coming here had Mulkey stayed.
No. Sorry, she wanted out of BU commitment and LSU gave her the gift out she needed to get released and sign with Arkansas.
Mulkey staying or leaving was irrelevant to her and her family by then.
BaylorBears_254
blueeyedbear said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

blueeyedbear said:

Dcheetah said:

At the time there was lots of talk out of Arkansas she was gone. Others for sure seemed they were coming.
I posted some time ago that Arkansas was poaching Dauda and I was basically called a liar.
Proof - If Mulkey was the reason why Dauda was coming to Baylor why within hours of Mulkey's announcement Dauda asked to be released from Baylor - to sign with Mulkey and LSU - NO to sign with Arkansas !!
WAKE UP PEOPLE

I mean that was the obvious? I never doubted she wasn't being contacted or poached, but she was for sure coming here had Mulkey stayed.
No. Sorry, she wanted out of BU commitment and LSU gave her the gift out she needed to get released and sign with Arkansas.
Mulkey staying or leaving was irrelevant to her and her family by then.

I'm pretty sure it was after Mulkey and Rhoades had the disagreement and the reports started coming out.

As far as saying she was gone before all the news broke about the drama and etc? Doubtful.

So i'm not sure what you mean by LSU gave her the "gift out", I already mentioned she was gone the moment Mulkey even flirted with the idea of leaving and even moreso when she left
sicem45
slimecap said:

Scout Bear said:

2017-18 Alexis Morris
Freshman at Baylor

BIG 12

BAYLOR

Morris regressed since her freshmen year, if you watched her play at Rutgers and A&M. Of course, bouncing between 3 schools in a 4 year period has to hurt your development.
bawitdaball
BaylorBears_254 said:

I understand that NC is new, but she was left with a Top 3 WBB program, she has to continue the success, but it starts in Year 1

Top 3? UCONN, South Carolina, Stanford
BaylorBears_254
bawitdaball said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Stanford just regained relevancy after a few years off, let's be honest here. They'll for sure run the show for a few more years, i'll give you that.
sicem45
BaylorBears_254 said:

bawitdaball said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Stanford just regained relevancy after a few years off, let's be honest here. They'll for sure run the show for a few more years, i'll give you that.
Tara just won her third NC after a 30 year dry spell lol. Honestly its criminal when you consider the talent she has had as well. She's a good coach but 30 years between your 2nd and 3rd NC at a program like Stanford is something...
Brian Ethridge
Staff
sicem45 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

bawitdaball said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Tara just won her third NC after a 30 year dry spell lol. Honestly its criminal when you consider the talent she has had as well. She's a good coach but 30 years between your 2nd and 3rd NC at a program like Stanford is something...
Better than Texas...
BaylorBears_254
sicem45 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

bawitdaball said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Agreed, which is why I didn't list them as Top 3 lol.

That's a HUUUUGE GAP. Nonetheless, I think as long as Jones is there, Stanford will be really good, so for the time being i'll bump then into the Top 4
Bear-Runner
I think we would've beat Stanford last year and WILL beat them this year with the squad we have. No TRUE threats on their team, they just had a good run that resulted in a Natty.
Baylorkid
I love our team as the next person but Stanford has really good players and are very deep! They have about 4-5 players that can go off any night! Jones, Lexie hull, Brink, pretctel, belibi.
Bear-Runner
Baylorkid said:

I love our team as the next person but Stanford has really good players and are very deep! They have about 4-5 players that can go off any night! Jones, Lexie hull, Brink, pretctel, belibi.
And we don't? Smith, Egbo, Lewis, Asberry, KMac. (All averaged double figures when playing). Even Bickle with more time. Sara and Jaden on deck. I'll take our 5 against their 5 any day. Maybe we'll see it in the Final Four this year. (Crossing fingers).
Scout Bear
sicem45 said:

slimecap said:

Scout Bear said:

2017-18 Alexis Morris
Freshman at Baylor

BIG 12

BAYLOR

Morris regressed since her freshmen year, if you watched her play at Rutgers and A&M. Of course, bouncing between 3 schools in a 4 year period has to hurt your development.
Funny...thought I said that.
BU71
Scout Bear said:

sicem45 said:

slimecap said:

Scout Bear said:

2017-18 Alexis Morris
Freshman at Baylor

BIG 12

BAYLOR

I thought the sky was the limit for her. She had the physical tools to be an All-American had she stayed at Baylor and grew her game.
Scout Bear
BU71 said:

Scout Bear said:

sicem45 said:

slimecap said:

Scout Bear said:

2017-18 Alexis Morris
Freshman at Baylor

BIG 12

BAYLOR

I thought the sky was the limit for her. She had the physical tools to be an All-American had she stayed at Baylor and grew her game.
She needed to grow up more than grow her game, Hate to put it like that.
BU71
Scout Bear said:

BU71 said:

Scout Bear said:

sicem45 said:

slimecap said:

Scout Bear said:

2017-18 Alexis Morris
Freshman at Baylor

BIG 12

BAYLOR

She needed to grow up more than grow her game, Hate to put it like that.
Agreed, the only way she would have been able to grow her game at Baylor was to raise her maturity level. She didn't and the inevitable happened.
slimecap
Wbbfan29 said:

Hope she finds what she is looking for.
Praying for her.
Mulder
Good for Alexis. Hope she continue to excel under the tutelage of Coach Mulkey.
Hairy Bear
I guess you have to be quick these days. The LSU WBB roster as now given in ESPN has Alexis Morris, but not Moon Ursin. Moon now plays for Tulane.
Born_A_Bear
Moon left LSU for Tulane for the nursing program.
Old300Bear
This is second hand but I believe it is true. I think Kim has a soft spot in her heart for Alexis. Kim told a friend that Alexis had the worst family situation she had ever seen. I believe Kim felt she was worth trying to save and I think Alexis knows Kim is trying to help her.
Fred Barber

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.