Alexis Morris on the move... Again

21,543 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Old300Bear
sicem45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I said she won't be able to recruit the caliber players Baylor has. Lets see what happens after this year after getting 3 Baylor girls during the coaching move. (Morris, Gusters and Moon).
IowaBear
The caliber of players Baylor recruited? You mean the caliber of players Kim and her staff recruited at baylor. Again you continue backtracking. Also call them gifts all you want as that's your way of taking shots at Kim. But those players are choosing to play for her. I know that's quite hard for you to understand
sicem45
Not really, Kim recruited them and developed relationships with them.

My issue with Kim is in recent years she became more complacent on the recruiting trail (HS recruiting). She literally didnt do anything for that 2021 class. Outside of Dauda, she had a dozen top 100 kids from Texas and couldn't land one. She wasn't off to a good start either missing out on Ashlon Jackson and Texas making waves in her recruiting circles.

Maybe going to LSU will motivate her again.
IowaBear
The same Texas team that Kim owned 3 times last year? You keep acting like BU was headed down the crapper with her and that just hilarious. Recruiting misses happen. We literally just seen CNC miss on a recruit who chose Texas it happens
Eball
LSU will be much better than they were last year...does Morris get to play or will she have to sit out? They have a lot of kids on the roster...
BaylorBears_254
I hate when people think our recruiting was going down the drainKim knew what she was ****ing doing. It was her plan to take Dauda this year, maybe 2-3 the next with a grad transfer or two, and then she'd have her cream of the crop group in Sammie, Cox, and others in 2023.

All I know is, is that NC inherited a Final 4 talented team, she better at least get to the Elite 8 to get something under her resume that shows she can be elite in the College ranks.

IowaBear
I'm glad I'm not alone in trying to comprehend Sicem45s lack of intelligence. He seems to mysteriously forget Lewis, Carr we're also coming in with Dauda and that Kim does this every few years based on her prior class. He's also set the bar so high for CNC that any year that doesn't result in the Natty is a failure. This 2021/2022 is F4 or bust in my opinion
Dcheetah
There was a decent chance we wouldnt have gotten Dauda, even if CKM would have stayed. Lot of chatter that she would have been gone either way.
BaylorBears_254
Dcheetah said:

There was a decent chance we wouldnt have gotten Dauda, even if CKM would have stayed. Lot of chatter that she would have been gone either way.

Dauda was coming if Kim stayed. Idk where that chatter came from, but she was for sure coming.

Kim had Lewis, Dauda, Carr, and Carr lined up for next season, and Moon would've also returned.

Kim was for sure adapting.

Dcheetah
At the time there was lots of talk out of Arkansas she was gone. Others for sure seemed they were coming.
BaylorBears_254
Dcheetah said:

At the time there was lots of talk out of Arkansas she was gone. Others for sure seemed they were coming.

Maybe small doubts from a kid moving out of state, but I just didn't see her backing out of her NLI had Kim stayed.
blueeyedbear
Dcheetah said:

I posted some time ago that Arkansas was poaching Dauda and I was basically called a liar.
Proof - If Mulkey was the reason why Dauda was coming to Baylor why within hours of Mulkey's announcement Dauda asked to be released from Baylor - to sign with Mulkey and LSU - NO to sign with Arkansas !!
WAKE UP PEOPLE
Eball
Wake up to what? What does it matter?
fubar
Eball said:

Wake up to what? What does it matter?
It matters not at all unless you're one of those who has any axe to grind regarding Kim Mulkey.
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
setshot
I hated to lose Dauda, even though her first year with us would have been a rehab year from her injury. I was not surprised when she signed with Arkansas. There is a good program there and a growing emphasis on the basketball scene, both men's and women's, that makes keeping the home grown, in-state players of value available for the flag ship university. That is why it is possible to keep recruiting pressure on those types of players, no matter what their intentions may be in the on going process, because it is more from local fans than from the staff at Arkansas, who can find ways to make their case without rules violations.

I expect LSU to recruit very well in the years ahead, with an emphasis on the talent-rich area from Louisiana to Florida. I also expect them to be competitive in their conference this year, particularly on their home court.

IowaBear
Like Fubar said it matters to those who have an axe to grind with Kim. So about 3.4 posters on here who spend all their time bashing Kim.
BaylorBears_254
blueeyedbear said:

Dcheetah said:

I posted some time ago that Arkansas was poaching Dauda and I was basically called a liar.
Proof - If Mulkey was the reason why Dauda was coming to Baylor why within hours of Mulkey's announcement Dauda asked to be released from Baylor - to sign with Mulkey and LSU - NO to sign with Arkansas !!
WAKE UP PEOPLE

I mean that was the obvious? I never doubted she wasn't being contacted or poached, but she was for sure coming here had Mulkey stayed.
bawitdaball
setshot said:

I hated to lose Dauda, even though her first year with us would have been a rehab year from her injury. I was not surprised when she signed with Arkansas. There is a good program there and a growing emphasis on the basketball scene, both men's and women's, that makes keeping the home grown, in-state players of value available for the flag ship university. That is why it is possible to keep recruiting pressure on those types of players, no matter what their intentions may be in the on going process, because it is more from local fans than from the staff at Arkansas, who can find ways to make their case without rules violations.

I expect LSU to recruit very well in the years ahead, with an emphasis on the talent-rich area from Louisiana to Florida. I also expect them to be competitive in their conference this year, particularly on their home court.

Them being compatible in their conference might be a big ask. Especially this year. Morris didn't see much playing time at LSU, Gusters has some development needs - potential, yes, but she isn't a player you can lean on to win the SEC. They will be contending with Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Kentucky. Mulkey will have her hands full, especially once Texas enters the conference. Morris I think has one year left, as does her other too recruit. Moon is gone after this next year and is more of a glue player. They are better off than before she was hired, but the SEC will likely be Dawn Staley territory for a while. She is recruiting the crap out of everyone else at the moment.
setshot
daball, your assessment, as usual, is very accurate and concise. When I said that LSU would be competitive, I did not mean for the championship. The top of that conference is like the Big 12 was for years, loaded with good teams, only the SEC now is more so, and with the addition of Texas, the western segment will ramp up to another level. But once you get past three or four teams in that large number of big state university programs, it is very much a competitive environment for the others.

I think that Mulkey knows the territory, because she faced a similar challenge at Baylor. She was competitive almost as soon as she arrived, but did not win some of the games her teams competed hard in.. Still, she won enough to show some good players, junior college and transfers, and a sprinkling of high school players, that if they committed to Baylor, Baylor would commit to them. It took only one complete cycle of players for the Lady Bears to ascend to the top rung of the ladder of success.

That was then and this is now. Collen and her staff have a significant advantage this season, with talent, experience, and we hope, leadership. It is a one year window, as we know, because of the talent loss that will come at the end of the season. We don't know yet how the next year will go because quite a bit of it is yet to be assembled, probably from transfers and, hopefully, quality freshmen.

This team should go far into the playoffs, but once on that path, good fortune is part of the unknown. Our talent level is not as deep as it might need to be if injuries deplete it or fouls disable it, particularly at certain positions. We have seen that scenario before, and suffered the consequences. My impression is that this is a talented and hard working staff, and that that will pay large dividends in due time, but we should enjoy this season and withhold judgment until we see a full cycle of players brought in and staying through their playing careers. At that point we will know what we have.
sicem45
Everyone is sleeping on Ole Miss. Coach YO has them trending up. They are in a bunch of top recruits finals list and are believed to be the leaders for Mikaylah Williams (top 5 recruit) for 2023 out of Louisiana. She was there multiple times this summer.

With that said, Kim isnt gonna over take SC, let alone beat Dawn in a game until she gets serious about recruiting again. SC, UCONN and Stanford are on another level recruiting than everyone else.
BaylorBears_254
sicem45 said:

Everyone is sleeping on Ole Miss. Coach YO has them trending up. They are in a bunch of top recruits finals list and are believed to be the leaders for Mikaylah Williams (top 5 recruit) for 2023 out of Louisiana. She was there multiple times this summer.

With that said, Kim isnt gonna over take SC, let alone beat Dawn in a game until she gets serious about recruiting again. SC, UCONN and Stanford are on another level recruiting than everyone else.

Lol at "serious about recruiting"
sicem45
BaylorBears_254 said:

If you can't see Kim's HS recruiting had been slipping, I dont know what to tell you. At some point, having a strong foundation that you recruited is important, can't just coast off transfers. She has done well if not better than anyone in the transfer portal market.
BaylorBears_254
sicem45 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

If you can't see Kim's HS recruiting had been slipping, I dont know what to tell you. At some point, having a strong foundation that you recruited is important, can't just coast off transfers. She has done well if not better than anyone in the transfer portal market.

I literally explained in a few post above Mulkey'srecruiting strategy.

Just cause she didn't sign 4-5 5 stars a year like SC, didnt mean it was fading. The transfer portal is the new recruiting tool these days, and Mulkey was putting together a team with that and a few 5 stars.

Also you most DEFINITELY can coast off transfers, especially with the play right away rule.
bawitdaball
setshot said:

daball, your assessment, as usual, is very accurate and concise. When I said that LSU would be competitive, I did not mean for the championship. The top of that conference is like the Big 12 was for years, loaded with good teams, only the SEC now is more so, and with the addition of Texas, the western segment will ramp up to another level. But once you get past three or four teams in that large number of big state university programs, it is very much a competitive environment for the others.

I think that Mulkey knows the territory, because she faced a similar challenge at Baylor. She was competitive almost as soon as she arrived, but did not win some of the games her teams competed hard in.. Still, she won enough to show some good players, junior college and transfers, and a sprinkling of high school players, that if they committed to Baylor, Baylor would commit to them. It took only one complete cycle of players for the Lady Bears to ascend to the top rung of the ladder of success.

That was then and this is now. Collen and her staff have a significant advantage this season, with talent, experience, and we hope, leadership. It is a one year window, as we know, because of the talent loss that will come at the end of the season. We don't know yet how the next year will go because quite a bit of it is yet to be assembled, probably from transfers and, hopefully, quality freshmen.

This team should go far into the playoffs, but once on that path, good fortune is part of the unknown. Our talent level is not as deep as it might need to be if injuries deplete it or fouls disable it, particularly at certain positions. We have seen that scenario before, and suffered the consequences. My impression is that this is a talented and hard working staff, and that that will pay large dividends in due time, but we should enjoy this season and withhold judgment until we see a full cycle of players brought in and staying through their playing careers. At that point we will know what we have.

The parity in the game is much different than it was when Mulkey took over at Baylor. Mulkey has her name and her tradition; however, she will be competing with much better programs in the SEC. I know Mulkey personally and love everything about her style; however, I have never shied away from the fact that her style doesn't translate well to the WNBA. If you look at the big picture, outside of transfers, the only real talents we've put in the WNBA is Young, Griner, and Sims. Sims had a baby and willl likely never be as good as she once was due to growing competition and the fact that she has other priority. Griner was a once in a lifetime player that took time to adapt but will thankfully always be known as a Baylor alumni player. Young went through the system before Baylor changed dramatically. As the WNBA continues to grow (which I believe it will thanks to the push for equality in all sports), that will be a question she will have to continue to answer to recruits. Brown getting waived and Cox struggling in her minutes in LA doesn't look great. Cooper is doing great, but she came from a different system. She is going to have to switch her style to get the shooters. And in the SEC, she will have to have solid shooters to be seriously competitive night in and night out. It's a different style of ball, and she hasn't been in LA for over two decades. I doubt she wins another championship, but likely changes the culture of the program. The issue is at $3 million, how long do fans give her to win a conference championship. As the second highest paid coach, you have to win and win fast. She doesn't have the grace period she had a Baylor. Also, the fact that she took Morris after the issues at Baylor and going on the record of saying that she will never coach a child who doesn't want to be coached, that in and of itself should show that she knows where the program sits. She'll win some games that she shouldn't, and she'll enjoy the publicity surrounding her going to the program, but I fear she will turn into Aston, a solid program that constantly finished 2 - 4 in the conference, but never can get over the hump and beat the GOAT (Staley). And we all know where Aston ended up.
sicem45
bawitdaball said:

setshot said:

The parity in the game is much different than it was when Mulkey took over at Baylor. Mulkey has her name and her tradition; however, she will be competing with much better programs in the SEC. I know Mulkey personally and love everything about her style; however, I have never shied away from the fact that her style doesn't translate well to the WNBA. If you look at the big picture, outside of transfers, the only real talents we've put in the WNBA is Young, Griner, and Sims. Sims had a baby and willl likely never be as good as she once was due to growing competition and the fact that she has other priority. Griner was a once in a lifetime player that took time to adapt but will thankfully always be known as a Baylor alumni player. Young went through the system before Baylor changed dramatically. As the WNBA continues to grow (which I believe it will thanks to the push for equality in all sports), that will be a question she will have to continue to answer to recruits. Brown getting waived and Cox struggling in her minutes in LA doesn't look great. Cooper is doing great, but she came from a different system. She is going to have to switch her style to get the shooters. And in the SEC, she will have to have solid shooters to be seriously competitive night in and night out. It's a different style of ball, and she hasn't been in LA for over two decades. I doubt she wins another championship, but likely changes the culture of the program. The issue is at $3 million, how long do fans give her to win a conference championship. As the second highest paid coach, you have to win and win fast. She doesn't have the grace period she had a Baylor. Also, the fact that she took Morris after the issues at Baylor and going on the record of saying that she will never coach a child who doesn't want to be coached, that in and of itself should show that she knows where the program sits. She'll win some games that she shouldn't, and she'll enjoy the publicity surrounding her going to the program, but I fear she will turn into Aston, a solid program that constantly finished 2 - 4 in the conference, but never can get over the hump and beat the GOAT (Staley). And we all know where Aston ended up.

Excellent post. Kim is past her prime. Her style of play will make it difficult to recruit top guards and track record producing WNBA players has definitely shed light in recent recruiting battles. Kim is so desperate that she took Morris who she has been vocal about in the past. Kim is stubborn and refuses to change, that in itself will be her downfall entering this new chapter.

I expect LSU to Hoover around 5th in the league annually. I think Georgia, Tennessee and company have much better programs. Kim will retire after this job.
Eball
How absurd
setshot
All great points, bawitdaball, and hard to argue otherwise. Still, LSU is a major university in sports pretty much across the boards, and if anything should have recruiting advantages that Baylor does not have. If Mulkey could harvest the talent rich Louisiana area for the Baylor program, I see no reason why she can't dominate it for LSU, and that is particularly true of the play for pay era we are entering.

I agree with you about the current cycle of recruiting among the rivals you name, but the great thing about basketball is that it only takes one good year of hitting the right choices and corralling them to be right back in the mix, and building on that is a natural extension of players wanting to play with the new order of things. Stanford, UCONN and South Carolina have advantages distinctive to themselves, as Baylor has had, but as you know, the women's game has progressed and the availability of quality players has been enlarged. It is my hope that Baylor will carve out a place at the table of possible champions beyond that of the forthcoming year. I would like to say that it is my expectation, but I am not going to go quite that far, yet.

You have a terrific grasp of the contemporary women's game and an appreciation of it that I enjoy. I don't think that we are very far apart in our current view of things in that regard, including where Baylor is right now. It is a very difficult period for Baylor athletics in general, and that has an impact on the women's basketball program. How it turns out is not entirely in our power to shape, but we are certainly not powerless.
BaylorBears_254
I just don't see how Mulkey is the reason Brown and Cox are disappointing so far in the WNBA.

I HIGHLY doubt Mulkey will be on the hot seat, i think she retires at LSU. Mulkey is proven, it isn't hard to recruit for her lol.

I'm willing to bet it'd be easier for her to recruit in the next 2-3 years at LSU then it will be for NC to recruit here.

I'm no Mulkey die hard fan, but to think she's gonna float around 4-5 in the SEC is laughable.

LSU will be side by side with SC in 2-3 years, due to the fact that I think she gets Wagner, and possibly Cox to go there in 2023. Once/If she gets those two, she immediately puts her stamp on the SEC.

All we can hope for here is that NC over exceeds and gets this team to a Final 4, then she can spin the narrative, and mention how she won, and got further than Mulkey did with essentially the same team.
bawitdaball
BaylorBears_254 said:

I just don't see how Mulkey is the reason Brown and Cox are disappointing so far in the WNBA.

I HIGHLY doubt Mulkey will be on the hot seat, i think she retires at LSU. Mulkey is proven, it isn't hard to recruit for her lol.

I'm willing to bet it'd be easier for her to recruit in the next 2-3 years at LSU then it will be for NC to recruit here.

I'm no Mulkey die hard fan, but to think she's gonna float around 4-5 in the SEC is laughable.

LSU will be side by side with SC in 2-3 years, due to the fact that I think she gets Wagner, and possibly Cox to go there in 2023. Once/If she gets those two, she immediately puts her stamp on the SEC.

All we can hope for here is that NC over exceeds and gets this team to a Final 4, then she can spin the narrative, and mention how she won, and got further than Mulkey did with essentially the same team.
Replying to several comments.

Let me be clear - Mulkey is retiring at LSU. No doubt in my mind that is happening. My point on the pressure was merely that - at $3 million, she has probably three years to win a conference championship before she starts losing season ticket holders and booster support. Look at Texas, I worked at that athletic department. Aston won most of her games and did a hella lot better than Gail. Those stands were empty minus the Bear faithful. She lost her job because she couldn't beat Mulkey and didn't hang a banner - that is a FACT. Mulkey will have to compete with that. I honestly don't think she makes it through her entire 7 year contract, I think she retires before that. She also doesn't get Wegner and company for 2 more years, and with the recruiting class Staley has coming in this year - they won't be effective until at least their junior year. And by effective I mean actually competition for a championship. Griner's freshman team made the Final 4 but finished I believe 6th in the conference. Freshman rarely have such a large impact unless they are surrounded by a strong supporting staff. There is room to be had at LSU for that supporting staff.

And while Mulkey isn't the reason, her style of a post centric offense downplays shooters, meaning that many shooters don't get the stats or the notoriety they would get at other schools. Her offense is a post touch offense. Arizona and Notre Dame run different offenses and in the last two years have been equally if not more effective. It works in college, but Brown had great footwork but never worked on her outside shot and didn't have a solid 15 footer going into the WNBA. Cox has had injuries and struggled with the transition, but my point is that we've won three national championships and have three solid WNBA presence that were recruited and played for four years at Baylor. Many other schools can match and surpass that because they got four years fo development at the college level for the next level. That will, at the very least, be a conversion topic at LSU.

Also - SC will run the SEC much like BU did the Big 12 for the next 5 - 7 years. Unless Staley gets picked up by an NBA team, which I honestly believe she will take in a heartbeat, she will continue to recruit and be a major presence. Wilson recruits heavily for the Gamecocks, and she owns the southeast coast in both true recruits and the portal.

In other news, people need lay off of Collins. I don't know if I've ever seen such a negative perception on a coach without ever playing a game. She has connected with her team, Smith and Egbo look more fit and athletic than ever, and the woman has dealt with a ton of adversity in Atlanta. If anyone can have the conversations that are happening on the recruiting trail regarding Baylor's lack of LGBTQIA+ acceptance and the reshaping of women in sports, it is Collins. She will win over athletes because she gets it. She always has. She is a christian woman who understand the world around her. She can relate and speak to the heart. She will get players on the campus, she just needs time to showcase the type of offense she runs, her ability to win games, and how well she handles the media. Give her a breath to prove herself. Baylor is in great hands, and we are at the beginning of a turning point in women's basketball. Many coaches will be returning in the next 5- 7 years. Be thankful Baylor has their coach and can flourish under her and her staff. I'm not a loyalist, and trust me when I say that I don't root for Baylor in ANYTHING outside of women's basketball. But Collins is a solid get. And from the sound of it, she is here to stay. Many teams would love that level of security.
BaylorBears_254
bawitdaball said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Let me be clear - Mulkey is retiring at LSU. No doubt in my mind that is happening. My point on the pressure was merely that - at $3 million, she has probably three years to win a conference championship before she starts losing season ticket holders and booster support. Look at Texas, I worked at that athletic department. Aston won most of her games and did a hella lot better than Gail. Those stands were empty minus the Bear faithful. She lost her job because she couldn't beat Mulkey and didn't hang a banner - that is a FACT. Mulkey will have to compete with that. I honestly don't think she makes it through her entire 7 year contract, I think she retires before that. She also doesn't get Wegner and company for 2 more years, and with the recruiting class Staley has coming in this year - they won't be effective until at least their junior year. And by effective I mean actually competition for a championship. Griner's freshman team made the Final 4 but finished I believe 6th in the conference. Freshman rarely have such a large impact unless they are surrounded by a strong supporting staff. There is room to be had at LSU for that supporting staff.

And while Mulkey isn't the reason, her style of a post centric offense downplays shooters, meaning that many shooters don't get the stats or the notoriety they would get at other schools. Her offense is a post touch offense. Arizona and Notre Dame run different offenses and in the last two years have been equally if not more effective. It works in college, but Brown had great footwork but never worked on her outside shot and didn't have a solid 15 footer going into the WNBA. Cox has had injuries and struggled with the transition, but my point is that we've won three national championships and have three solid WNBA presence that were recruited and played for four years at Baylor. Many other schools can match and surpass that because they got four years fo development at the college level for the next level. That will, at the very least, be a conversion topic at LSU.

Also - SC will run the SEC much like BU did the Big 12 for the next 5 - 7 years. Unless Staley gets picked up by an NBA team, which I honestly believe she will take in a heartbeat, she will continue to recruit and be a major presence. Wilson recruits heavily for the Gamecocks, and she owns the southeast coast in both true recruits and the portal.

In other news, people need lay off of Collins. I don't know if I've ever seen such a negative perception on a coach without ever playing a game. She has connected with her team, Smith and Egbo look more fit and athletic than ever, and the woman has dealt with a ton of adversity in Atlanta. If anyone can have the conversations that are happening on the recruiting trail regarding Baylor's lack of LGBTQIA+ acceptance and the reshaping of women in sports, it is Collins. She will win over athletes because she gets it. She always has. She is a christian woman who understand the world around her. She can relate and speak to the heart. She will get players on the campus, she just needs time to showcase the type of offense she runs, her ability to win games, and how well she handles the media. Give her a breath to prove herself. Baylor is in great hands, and we are at the beginning of a turning point in women's basketball. Many coaches will be returning in the next 5- 7 years. Be thankful Baylor has their coach and can flourish under her and her staff. I'm not a loyalist, and trust me when I say that I don't root for Baylor in ANYTHING outside of women's basketball. But Collins is a solid get. And from the sound of it, she is here to stay. Many teams would love that level of security.

1. I think Mulkey retires at the end of her contract, LSU needed Mulkey, she didn't need them. They aren't a basketball school, so pulling off Mulkey was big for them. Aston IS NOT Mulkey, We can't compare the two. Mulkey didn't go to LSU to just roll over and be 2nd fiddle to Dawn, too much pride for that.
She'll get her recruits, and maneuver through the transfer portal as she was doing here. Call me crazy, but I prefer the transfer portal over HS commits 75% of the time.

2. Cox and Brown are very talented, the jump they both made under Mulkey was big time. There's still a lot of time for both to turn it around, and you can also argue that Mulkey put those two in perfect position to showcase their talents.

3. Dawn will for sure dominate, bit to think she'll just walk over Mulkey when she gets comfortable at LSU is crazy. I think it'll be a dog fight in the coming years once Mulkey gets HER team.

4. Idk where that came from as I've never been the one to attack NC. I just state the obvious, SHE HAS TO WIN NEXT YEAR. If she doesn't get to an E8 or Final 4 with that roster, it looks bad on her coaching abilities.
I never said she couldn't recruit or connect, but none of that means **** when you can't win games.
Another key in her needing to win now is Baylor possibly being left out of major conferences, which could/would equal LESS money for WBB. Would make it very difficult on NC, which is why she needs to establish herself YEAR 1 with this talented team she retained.

bawitdaball
BaylorBears_254 said:

bawitdaball said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

1. I think Mulkey retires at the end of her contract, LSU needed Mulkey, she didn't need them. They aren't a basketball school, so pulling off Mulkey was big for them. Aston IS NOT Mulkey, We can't compare the two. Mulkey didn't go to LSU to just roll over and be 2nd fiddle to Dawn, too much pride for that.
She'll get her recruits, and maneuver through the transfer portal as she was doing here. Call me crazy, but I prefer the transfer portal over HS commits 75% of the time.

2. Cox and Brown are very talented, the jump they both made under Mulkey was big time. There's still a lot of time for both to turn it around, and you can also argue that Mulkey put those two in perfect position to showcase their talents.

3. Dawn will for sure dominate, bit to think she'll just walk over Mulkey when she gets comfortable at LSU is crazy. I think it'll be a dog fight in the coming years once Mulkey gets HER team.

4. Idk where that came from as I've never been the one to attack NC. I just state the obvious, SHE HAS TO WIN NEXT YEAR. If she doesn't get to an E8 or Final 4 with that roster, it looks bad on her coaching abilities.
I never said she couldn't recruit or connect, but none of that means **** when you can't win games.
Another key in her needing to win now is Baylor possibly being left out of major conferences, which could/would equal LESS money for WBB. Would make it very difficult on NC, which is why she needs to establish herself YEAR 1 with this talented team she retained.

As I said at the top - I was replying to several comments. Your commend was quoted because it was the the last one in the linage, simple as that. Not all my comments were directed at your reply. It was a "catch all" to the previous 3 - 4. And as for Brown and Cox - they excelled in Mulkey's system. And Brown's footwork heavily improved under Brock's coaching. Brown never developed an outside shot that she was consistently forced to knock down - that is why she isn't currently on a roster. Love Mulkey, but her system doesn't translate. That is all I'm saying. And if I had $1 million - I'd ut it on Staley to win 8 of the next 10 matchups over the coming 5 years. She beat us in the 2019, the daed season. Her team is Griner senior season stacked. We lost that year, so it can be done, but it would be an incredible doing.
Dcheetah
CNC needs to have things break right with only 9 players. One or 2 major injuries to the wrong players and it will be almost impossible to meet the expectations of Elite8-Final 4. Don't know how you can put Final 4 expectations on CNC when CKM didn't meet that level most of her years during a time when there was much less parity than there is now or will be going forward. Tournament draw is another big factor - some teams are better equipped to beat you than others. We lost several times under CKM as the higher ranked team. As parity brings more challenges ahead, one bad shooting night will send you home. Setshot is right in that we need to let CNC get all her own players and grow them up a little before we can really judge her. Bawiththeball is correct in that this team has really taken to her and her coaching. I expect we will see more offensive diversity and hopefully execution to go with the excellent defense she is known for. With her connections and personality and recruiting staff, I expect her to be very sucessful in signing high level recruits who meet her needs. If our players execute well and give great effort in doing so I will be very pleased and take what the season gives us; and, if they do meet those standards, I suspect we will all be happy with the prospects for our future.
BaylorBears_254
Dcheetah said:

CNC needs to have things break right with only 9 players. One or 2 major injuries to the wrong players and it will be almost impossible to meet the expectations of Elite8-Final 4. Don't know how you can put Final 4 expectations on CNC when CKM didn't meet that level most of her years during a time when there was much less parity than there is now or will be going forward. Tournament draw is another big factor - some teams are better equipped to beat you than others. We lost several times under CKM as the higher ranked team. As parity brings more challenges ahead, one bad shooting night will send you home. Setshot is right in that we need to let CNC get all her own players and grow them up a little before we can really judge her. Bawiththeball is correct in that this team has really taken to her and her coaching. I expect we will see more offensive diversity and hopefully execution to go with the excellent defense she is known for. With her connections and personality and recruiting staff, I expect her to be very sucessful in signing high level recruits who meet her needs. If our players execute well and give great effort in doing so I will be very pleased and take what the season gives us; and, if they do meet those standards, I suspect we will all be happy with the prospects for our future.

If this team stays healthy, they are a E8/Final 4 team.

We lost a few players, but the player she maintained are big time.

I stand by what i said, NC has to win next year. You can always offer PT to the young girls, but what's the point if NC isn't what we thought she was?

Nonetheless, we'll see, I have high hopes for her this season and beyond.
keysjaws
Interesting exchange of ideas and predictions, but what has this to do with "Alexis Morris on the move again"?
Wbbfan29
She has to win next year??? Really.... She will literally has 5 returning underclassmen. Next year will be a rebuilding year for the Lady bears. Please dont put all that pressure on her like that. That's ridiculous.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.