Baseball
Sponsored by

New scoreboard

5,614 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Yogi
Yogi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CTbruin said:

Renovate the whole stadium? Please explain

The locker rooms need updating and enlarging

But the stadium itself is fine. This off season it has been thoroughly cleaned and painted. New signage. Looks good.

I disagree. It needs updating. Just depends how much we really want to put int9 bbaseball.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
CTbruin
Yogi said:

CTbruin said:

Renovate the whole stadium? Please explain

The locker rooms need updating and enlarging

But the stadium itself is fine. This off season it has been thoroughly cleaned and painted. New signage. Looks good.

I disagree. It needs updating. Just depends how much we really want to put int9 bbaseball.

Once again……explain "updating"
Yogi
Part is just cleaning it up due to its age.

But there's no real party areas like you get at other ballparks.

Unlike Oklahoma State, Texas, A&M, and West Virgina, the stadium is really only developed as far out as first and third base. There is no continuity outside that. We have an ugly set of metal bleachers that no one ever uses. There are no outfield seats or party areas.

The place was state of the art in 1999, no doubt. It was way ahead of anyone had at the time. But everyone has caught up and many have surpassed the quality of BB. It would be nice to have it state of the art again.

MrGolfguy
I agree that the ugly , unused bleachers need to go; should've been replaced several years ago. That would be a great place for a covered food court or party zone or whatever they're putting in college ballparks today.
Yogi
This shows how the scoreboard is being used. It is larger than both TCU's and Tech's current boards and Tech's new board.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.